Author Topic: How are we feeling heading into game 6?  (Read 6842 times)

Re: How are we feeling heading into game 6?
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2022, 11:58:00 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
You know who isn't feeling confident?

Heat fans:

https://www.hothothoops.com/2022/5/25/23142398/heat-crumble-down-the-stretch-fall-to-celtics-93-80-butler-adebayo-tucker-oladipo-tatum-horford

That's what a defeated fan base sounds like.

...or try this thread at RealGM and start at the last page and go backward for 10-20 pages of posts.

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2195764&start=1360his

It's Jimmy's fault, Bam is soft, fire Spo...and so on to infinity all through the night. Some nice fan artwork too:

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2022, 12:17:28 PM »

Offline nebist

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 67
Has anyone figured out why Bam refuses to take the open 12 foot jump shots we are giving him? We are literally leaving his man in the restricted area, and he doesn't even look at the rim. It is mystifying to me. I feel like he has absolutely had that shot in his arsenal in the past. 

« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2022, 12:25:36 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Even though I think that we would win a Game 7 on the road, it's really important to win Game 6.  The Finals start on June 2.  Fives days worth of rest is a lot more beneficial than three, especially where we'd be flying to California.

We need to get our guys rejuvenated.  It's been two really physical series in a row.

Plus, I'd just like to see that this team has gotten over the complacency hump when they are on an upswing.
Yup

« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2022, 12:29:28 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 570
I don’t know. I believe Celtics are the better team, but for some reason they don’t instill confidence in me. Maybe irs a first half of the season hangover.

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2022, 01:00:05 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
I think it’s over. Heat are too tired and banged up and our D is too good. I’m expecting a blow out similar to the close out Milwaukee game as long as we’re relatively healthy.

Just need to make sure to withstand their initial punch. Do that, and I think we win going away. Tatum is due for another good shooting/scoring night, too.

« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2022, 01:14:55 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378

Heat fans:

https://www.hothothoops.com/2022/5/25/23142398/heat-crumble-down-the-stretch-fall-to-celtics-93-80-butler-adebayo-tucker-oladipo-tatum-horford

...or try this thread at RealGM and start at the last page and go backward for 10-20 pages of posts.

It's Jimmy's fault, Bam is soft, fire Spo...and so on to infinity all through the night. Some nice fan artwork too:

Heat fans complaining about the refs, when they foul almost every possession and Bam sets moving screens 20 times a game....laughable.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2022, 01:18:42 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
IMO, if our guys show up, we win. Feeling about 90% confident.

« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2022, 01:40:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Heat fans:

Heat fans complaining about the refs, when they foul almost every possession and Bam sets moving screens 20 times a game....laughable.

It got to the point where even Ime was FURIOUS at the refs in the 4th. Legit, Bam practically shifted and tackled White to the floor setting the screen and the refs didn't call it.

Like I know Giannis, Brook Lopez, Draymond are guys that get away with it too but still, I don't think I've ever seen more blatant illegal screens set than when Bam does it. It's like Bam's doing a dance move where he twerks his behind and causes a non-attentive defender to fall to the floor from it  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2022, 01:46:03 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

Heat fans:

It got to the point where even Ime was FURIOUS at the refs in the 4th. Legit, Bam practically shifted and tackled White to the floor setting the screen and the refs didn't call it.

Like I know Giannis, Brook Lopez, Draymond are guys that get away with it too but still, I don't think I've ever seen more blatant illegal screens set than when Bam does it. It's like Bam's doing a dance move where he twerks his behind and causes a non-attentive defender to fall to the floor from it  :laugh:

The great thing was that right as Ime was yelling at the refs about those screens, Jaylen posterized Bam.

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2022, 02:19:36 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I'm optimistic, if not exactly confident.

As has been the case all series, if the Celtics take care of the ball and don't turn it over, Miami can't get enough offense to compete. But that means the Celtics need to stay focused and do their jobs. I'd feel better if there hadn't been such egregious lapses by them in this series.

They looked great in Game 5, though.

One thing I've been complaining about all series is, I wished they'd get the ball to Tatum in different places more often. I think they've done a better job these last two games of getting him started in the middle of the defense once in a while but it's still a lot of dribbling 10 feet away from the 3 point line and then driving straight into the crowd. Letting him operate from the high post or getting him the ball on the move would put more pressure on Miami.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2022, 02:25:04 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Heat fans:

The great thing was that right as Ime was yelling at the refs about those screens, Jaylen posterized Bam.

Those moving screens are flagrant.

Overall though I feel good. This team knows Miami will come out strong.  Just need to withstand the surge.

Miamis only chance is to go crazy with 3s. Hold strong though, keep contesting, and they will fold.

« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2022, 02:27:33 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Aside from health, my only worry is shot randomness.  The Heat aren't a good shooting team, but they'll still jack up threes.  If those randomly go in at a high rate, as sometimes happens despite defensive efforts, the Celtics could lose even if they otherwise play well.  Shooting 40% instead of 30% for a night could be worth 10-12 points.

« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2022, 02:47:05 PM »

Offline sgrogan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
Aside from health, my only worry is shot randomness.  The Heat aren't a good shooting team, but they'll still jack up threes.  If those randomly go in at a high rate, as sometimes happens despite defensive efforts, the Celtics could lose even if they otherwise play well.  Shooting 40% instead of 30% for a night could be worth 10-12 points.
I'm scared to death.

This is one of the reasons. Miami is 29% from 3 in this series and 38% in the regular season.
They had Tucker, Martin, Struss, and Herro at 40%
Dedmon and Olidipo over 40% on limited attempts.
Lowry, Robinson, and Vincent are capable of going off.

I'm also worried about a FTA discrepancy make up game. Who are the ref's?

« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2022, 02:55:55 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
I'm scared to death.

This is one of the reasons. Miami is 29% from 3 in this series and 38% in the regular season.
They had Tucker, Martin, Struss, and Herro at 40%
Dedmon and Olidipo over 40% on limited attempts.
Lowry, Robinson, and Vincent are capable of going off.

I'm also worried about a FTA discrepancy make up game. Who are the ref's?

Refs aren’t announced until tomorrow morning, but Scott Foster had the Warriors-Mavs game tonight, so he’s out.

Also, the refs already have an uneven whistle.  The Heat just commit so many fouls it’s hard for them to even it all the way.

« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2022, 03:00:16 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I'm optimistic, if not exactly confident.

As has been the case all series, if the Celtics take care of the ball and don't turn it over, Miami can't get enough offense to compete. But that means the Celtics need to stay focused and do their jobs. I'd feel better if there hadn't been such egregious lapses by them in this series.

They looked great in Game 5, though.

One thing I've been complaining about all series is, I wished they'd get the ball to Tatum in different places more often. I think they've done a better job these last two games of getting him started in the middle of the defense once in a while but it's still a lot of dribbling 10 feet away from the 3 point line and then driving straight into the crowd. Letting him operate from the high post or getting him the ball on the move would put more pressure on Miami.

I see this also.  He has been hitting the mid range shot.  He seems to operate well from that spot on the floor.