Author Topic: Celtics (2-2) at Heat (2-2) ECF Game #5 5/25/22  (Read 41843 times)

Re: Celtics (2-2) at Heat (2-2) ECF Game #5 5/25/22
« Reply #1230 on: May 26, 2022, 08:25:55 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
I will call this a hard fought win.  They toughed it out.  But I did not see a "nice" win.  They won ugly but that is OK.

My point is that people need to hold off on the victory laps.  Obviously, we are in good position.  The Heat are banged up and demoralized.  We have a home game to close it out.  We will be pretty heavy favorites per Vegas I suspect.  All this is good.  But I hope the team (and the fans) understand that this is going to take another tough ugly effort to win it.  This is by no means settled or in hand.

Just had to say it, go Celtics!!  Love what you are doing here!!!  No more trips to Miami!!!

« Reply #1231 on: May 26, 2022, 10:38:23 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Could you imagine if James Harden or even someone like Paul George had the kind of series Butler is currently having. They'd get absolutely destroyed by the media (and social media) yet Butler for some odd reason always seems to escape criticism. Tatum also got killed for both his Game 3s last round and this round even though he's been having great series overall still. But the media will probably make up a ton of excuses for Butler which they never would for the others  ::)

Shaq said, "if Jimmy Buckets wants 40, he'll get 40". In the last 3.5 games combined (not counting the 2nd half he missed) he has a total of 56 points on 20-58 shooting.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1232 on: May 26, 2022, 11:34:42 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Could you imagine if James Harden or even someone like Paul George had the kind of series Butler is currently having. They'd get absolutely destroyed by the media (and social media) yet Butler for some odd reason always seems to escape criticism. Tatum also got killed for both his Game 3s last round and this round even though he's been having great series overall still. But the media will probably make up a ton of excuses for Butler which they never would for the others  ::)

Shaq said, "if Jimmy Buckets wants 40, he'll get 40". In the last 3.5 games combined (not counting the 2nd half he missed) he has a total of 56 points on 20-58 shooting.

My bandwagon friend told me Butler will drop 45 points next game and the series will go back to Miami ;) Butler ain't no LeBron.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1233 on: May 26, 2022, 11:35:43 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

My bandwagon friend told me Butler will drop 45 points next game and the series will go back to Miami ;) Butler ain't no LeBron.

Yeah but also, who the hell is Chris Bosh and D-Wade in this scenario?  :P

« Reply #1234 on: May 26, 2022, 02:56:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Btw, so Miami apparently didn't hold any shootarounds yesterday. Is there a reason for that?

Lol it feels like they could have used it with how they shot. But how often does that even happen, on a day of a night playoff game, no shootaround in the morning?

« Reply #1235 on: May 26, 2022, 04:23:20 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Huge win tonight. Butler, to me, looks hurt. Lowry, wow. And no Herro.  Hopefully the crowd can carry the C's Friday night.

People have been implying it in the media, but the Heat are also dealing with injuries but also, their team is on the older side which I'm sure is another factor. Tucker and Lowry are 36-37 year old, Butler is in his 30s. Might not be as easy for those guys to deal with injuries and suit up and go 35+ MPG regularly which they have to since this series is an "every other day" schedule. If there was 3 days off like the C's-Bucks had it would help Miami a ton
  If riles is smart he trades butler, bam and herro.
Providing if he can.

Said it at the start of this series, the heat are not legit. They're a team that had a good coach get them to max out in the reg season.

If boston was mentally tougher, this would have been a sweep or at least don't in 5.

agreed

once they stopped beating themselves in the second half, they broke the game wide open.

yup. when we play smart we win

Yup yup.  For the C's playing smart means playing basic.  They kill themselves when they go for tricky/flashy/Globetrottery type bball....

« Reply #1236 on: May 26, 2022, 06:48:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Miami went on a 22-2 run and had a red hot 3rd quarter to win Game 1 at Miami

The C's basically avenged that going on a 24-2 run yesterday to ice it and take Game 5 on the road

« Reply #1237 on: May 26, 2022, 07:30:27 PM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar

It’s a reputation thing. Butler is possibly the most talented ‘lunch pail’ guy in the league. He’s a gym rat and by all accounts he’s obnoxiously competitive… even compared to other NBA players. He doesn’t skip games to hit the club or show up overweight or give himself a nickname like Playoff P.

I think that goes along way in terms of building up the goodwill.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #1238 on: May 27, 2022, 09:14:12 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979

It’s a reputation thing. Butler is possibly the most talented ‘lunch pail’ guy in the league. He’s a gym rat and by all accounts he’s obnoxiously competitive… even compared to other NBA players. He doesn’t skip games to hit the club or show up overweight or give himself a nickname like Playoff P.

I think that goes along way in terms of building up the goodwill.

Seriously.  Paul George wouldn't have this series because he wouldn't be playing right now.

« Reply #1239 on: May 27, 2022, 09:33:57 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FINISH THEM in 6 AT THE GARDEN

CRUSH THEM

MAKE THEM QUIT

NEED D and great shooting next game

give them no chance to breathe

Nature Boy is mighty stoked ……one more time guys  ;D