Author Topic: This team is unwatchable.  (Read 1847 times)

This team is unwatchable.
« on: January 21, 2022, 10:15:02 PM »

Offline goz421

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 34
I can't do this anymore. I have seen them blow games all season long. Jaylen Brown 4 for 20 and 4 zeroes in a row want end of game. He is soft.  Never comes through in clutch and folds to tough teams. Gets good numbers against bad teams. Why they putting Tatum at point at end of games. He pounds the ball and turns it over.  This team is poorly constructed and they don't believe in each other.. Their body language shows it.

Bosotn deserves better. End of my rant.

Re: This team is unwatchable.
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2022, 10:17:03 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The whole Tatum bringing up the ball was a disaster when Brad did it, it is still a disaster with Ime.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2022, 10:19:20 PM »

Kiorrik

The whole Tatum bringing up the ball was a disaster when Brad did it, it is still a disaster with Ime.

Honestly think it's just JT doing JT things.

I hate it too.

Mostly because it's so stagnant.

He ALWAYS takes HEAPS of seconds just CROSSING THE HALF.

Literally, check out how often he comes over with the clock at 17 or 16 left. Pushes the edge of it every single time.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2022, 10:23:56 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Might be time to just break the Jays apart. Either Tatum is causing this issue or Brown causing this issue. Having Udoka doesn't help either

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 10:25:42 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

I hate it too.

Literally, check out how often he comes over with the clock at 17 or 16 left. Pushes the edge of it every single time.

I too would love to have a viable point guard.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 10:30:36 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

I hate it too.

A viable head coach might have a bigger impact!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 10:33:32 PM »

Offline seancally

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 119

I hate it too.

There’s a definite lack of viability lol.

Tatum does need to improve in that role, but he needs reps to do so. I don’t have a huge problem with him taking the ball up and working on it. What else would they do? It’s not like we’re a title contender. The team needs to improve.
"The game honors toughness." - President Stevens

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:01 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1956

I hate it too.

This is one of my biggest gripes with Tatum.  Sometimes we have just 7 or 8 seconds left on the shot clock when a pick and roll is run at the top of the 3 point line.  Of course we're not going to get a good shot.

Offense is just way too slow especially in the 4th.  Leads to stagnation.  I haven't checked the stats but I wouldn't be surprised if we're still the worst 4th quarter team in the league.

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 10:38:10 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

He slows the pace down to a crawl too. He should be ahead moving without the ball looking for an opportunity. He's not LeBron, he needs that explained to him.

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 10:42:45 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I hate it too.

Tatum does need to improve in that role, but he needs reps to do so. I don’t have a huge problem with him taking the ball up and working on it. What else would they do? It’s not like we’re a title contender. The team needs to improve.

People people people,.,.can he go work on it in Maine?

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 10:46:15 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Just reposting a message I've sent on this forum a while ago because I feel that it might resonate with some of us right now:
Portland again looks like the most disappointing team in NBA..they have been the last few years..Will Dame be traded to Philly or New York or will they keep him?

He better not go to Phili. If he does, the Sixers are finals contenders for the next 5 years.

I have a feeling Portland will blow it up come trade deadline. Nance Jr could be a nice target for the Cs.
I doubt it.  I think they will move Lillard and see what they look like.  Or they will move McCollum and other players to really go in around Lillard.  I don't think they are going to go crazy and move everyone.
Yet so many were clamoring for Chauncey over Ime and 20/20 hindsighting as recently as a few weeks ago that Chauncey should have been the choice.

They both have had to deal with injury to Star players as 1st year coaches, but it’s looking as the sample size is getting bigger and we’re past 20 games that Ime is the one that weathered adversity better and was the right choice for this team.

To me at least.
Another reason why my signature says "patience".

In all my life I've never seen as knee-jerky a group of people as sports fans.

If I'd meat someone at work, that'd act like we do here, I'd 100% run the opposite direction. No way I'd wanna work with someone that "10 games into the job" clamours for someone to be fired.

That's now how life works y'all. Give people time to acclimatise. I know it's your precious franchise but heck, you should want the best for it. And sometimes, that means letting things come together for a bit. Fighting through adversity. Not scapegoating people "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS" if they mess up.
Or you could be advocating against hiring any of those vibe men and actually hope that the team can bring in a proven candidate who can lead us through this period of uncertainty with a steady hand? Our club has never been a franchise that hires unproven candidates in the name of an ideal - we have always picked on merit and that meant choosing individuals with underappreciated traits that went against the grain at the time, yet churned out results:

Bill Russell won at every level before the pros with his defensive style of verticality in an era where black athletes were doubted and the ideal centre was the carbon copy of George Mikan as a two-way force.

Dave Cowens excelled at the centre position in university despite concerns about him being undersized (side note: he wasn't even that small - he was 6'9 without shoes, but teams during that time were obsessed with height).

Larry Bird was an offensive prodigy with unspectacular athletic traits who powered Indiana State to success before turning pro in an era where athleticism for wings was valued while defensive anchors like Nate Thurmond, Bill Walton and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar were the key to success.

Kevin Garnett was seen as a player who put up empty numbers and was criticised to no end for his shortcomings as a scorer while the Celtics saw that he was one of the finest passers, shooters, and defenders among big men in league history and would supercharge any half-decent team to title contention.

Besides being having a heavily-hyped stint under one of the greatest coaches of all time where it's extremely difficult to parse through what impact he had on the team, our current coach's CV consists of having teams improve significantly on defence after he leaves them as their defensive coordinator.

If I'd meet someone at work and see them act like our ownership and management, I'd 100% run in the opposite direction - I have no vibes even though I'm incompetent :( :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 10:46:18 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

I hate it too.

LOL I wonder if that might help. Just have Tatum stand at the 4 point spot and keep shooting 3's against G-Leaguers to get his mojo back.

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 10:54:27 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I hate it too.

LOL I wonder if that might help. Just have Tatum stand at the 4 point spot and keep shooting 3's against G-Leaguers to get his mojo back.

Can we just send Ime to Maine and let him work on improving his coaching up there while Stevens finishes off the season?

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 10:59:43 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

I hate it too.

It is obvious that they have been having him bring the ball up for years now, just how many years is it going to take for him to use the regular season to ‘work on’ playing the point? Playing the point is highly cerebral, Tatum is not turning into Chris Paul or even Gordon Hayward any time soon.