Author Topic: Bol Bol and PJ Dozier to Celtics, sources tell ESPN.  (Read 15950 times)

Re: Bol Bol and PJ Dozier to Celtics, sources tell ESPN.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2022, 12:07:59 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Will Bol Bol and Dozier count as roster spots? When Jabari was let go, the idea was to have an open roster spot right? But with this 1:2 trade, does that mean we have a full roster again?

I believe that is correct.

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2022, 12:08:36 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Will Bol Bol and Dozier count as roster spots? When Jabari was let go, the idea was to have an open roster spot right? But with this 1:2 trade, does that mean we have a full roster again?

Correct.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2022, 12:08:45 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
PJ Dozier was a 2-way for us a few years ago that I was sad we let get away.  I hope he gets healthy and can stick with us this time around.

I thought he had potential, but his numbers suck.

His box score numbers suck, but he led the Nuggets last year in +/- and on-off, which is a pretty impressive feat given some of the players on that roster.  There’s a lot of noise in that stat, but to lead your team in it generally means you don’t suck.  I thought of him as a guy with Tony Allen-type potential.  If he comes back from this to stick in the league, I think he’ll get some All-Defense votes in the future.  I really hope we keep him in the summer with his Bird rights.

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 12:10:20 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
PJ Dozier was a 2-way for us a few years ago that I was sad we let get away.  I hope he gets healthy and can stick with us this time around.

His box score numbers suck, but he led the Nuggets last year in +/- and on-off, which is a pretty impressive feat given some of the players on that roster.  There’s a lot of noise in that stat, but to lead your team in it generally means you don’t suck.  I thought of him as a guy with Tony Allen-type potential.  If he comes back from this to stick in the league, I think he’ll get some All-Defense votes in the future.  I really hope we keep him in the summer with his Bird rights.

How many guards who can’t shoot do we need?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2022, 12:12:51 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Garbage in, garbage out.  Two more guys who won’t see minutes.

Solid for Denver I guess.

Don’t forget the $7 million TPE.

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2022, 12:17:27 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

If Danny were still here the answer would be you can never have enough

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2022, 12:17:52 AM »

Offline CBS_Take a Report

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72

I believe that is correct.

Wonder if this is foreshadowing a larger deal down the line to free back up a roster spot? 3:2 or 2:1 going the other way…

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2022, 12:19:47 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2929
Brad needed Bol Bol to fill the void left by Tacko. Haha

Didn't realize that Tacko (7'6") is a full four inches taller than even Bol Bol (7'2")  :o

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2022, 12:21:03 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

All of them, obviously.  But Dozier’s been a guy I’ve loved since his college days as the star of that surprising South Carolina final four team.  He can have Romeo’s and/or Nesmith’s roster spot next year.  Trade those guys and resign Dozier to a cheap multi-year deal please.

(I’m fully prepared for Dozier to be released before the season is out.  I can’t imagine Brad forcing Udoka to carry a dead roster spot into the postseason.)

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2022, 12:27:14 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Really wish we were getting Forbes.

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2022, 12:30:46 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
How does this help the cap?  Do the guys coming in simply make less than what’s going out?

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2022, 12:33:04 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
How does this help the cap?  Do the guys coming in simply make less than what’s going out?

Yeah, $3 million less.  We’re now officially about $2.8 million over the tax line.  If JB misses the All-Star game, we’ll be less than a million over.

We also get a $7 million TPE.

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2022, 12:34:17 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Yes.

Bit surprised there isn't a bit more excitement about Bol. He's had a couple of extremely good games...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2022, 12:35:44 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Per the story on ESPN, we’re only sending out Juancho.  The Spurs are getting a pick from Denver, so this is a pretty solid deal, all things considered (mediumish TPE and tax relief for an unusable player).

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2022, 12:36:08 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
So we traded one guy at the end of our bench for two guys who are likely out for the year with injuries. Once we trade Schröder we’ll be under the cap for sure.

Not something that will make fans excited but seems like a good business decision.