Poll

You alone decide: should Ime go?

Yes….right now!
21 (21%)
Maybe, but not right now.
33 (33%)
No, not even close to enough time to evaluate him.
38 (38%)
No way, love the guy.
8 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Voting closed: February 23, 2022, 05:45:52 PM

Author Topic: Ime has got to go!  (Read 83387 times)

Re: Ime has got to go!
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2021, 08:20:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
If anything, I'd argue Brown + Tatum should be more scrutinized especially since really, since about the Bubble they've played 100+ games and are at or around .500 (you can add Smart to that group too)
Agreed on the Jays deserving to be more scrutinized. Not necessarily for trades but in terms of where their games are currently at and what they need to do to take it to the next level.

Currently neither improves their teammates / elevates their team. Their contributions are all individualistic. That is a problem.

Yeah and also, all these years we kept hearing, "oh we need to get rid of [X] player, and Brad Stevens as coach", etc. etc.

Well, they've pretty much done all that and there's still a glaring issue on the court. Whether it's Ime or someone else I don't think much is changing with this nucleus. I'm still a believer in Jaylen + Tatum but they need to somehow acquire that 3rd star because Smart ain't it and without that 3rd piece, it just won't work.

Unless there's a way to get Popovich, Spo or Monty I have no clue what other coach can replace Ime and do much better. I'm not fully excusing Ime but he's only been here about 30 games and at some point you also have to start putting the blame on the players. Jaylen and Tatum have been here 5-6 years now, at some point they've got to deliver and become consistent leaders.

Remember, a lot of these issues were similar to what we had with Brad Stevens the past 1-2 years too. So are we saying both CBS and Ime are terrible coaches already? Come on now.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2021, 08:28:18 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If anything, I'd argue Brown + Tatum should be more scrutinized especially since really, since about the Bubble they've played 100+ games and are at or around .500 (you can add Smart to that group too)
Agreed on the Jays deserving to be more scrutinized. Not necessarily for trades but in terms of where their games are currently at and what they need to do to take it to the next level.

Currently neither improves their teammates / elevates their team. Their contributions are all individualistic. That is a problem.

Yeah and also, all these years we kept hearing, "oh we need to get rid of [X] player, and Brad Stevens as coach", etc. etc.

Well, they've pretty much done all that and there's still a glaring issue on the court. Whether it's Ime or someone else I don't think much is changing with this nucleus. I'm still a believer in Jaylen + Tatum but they need to somehow acquire that 3rd star because Smart ain't it and without that 3rd piece, it just won't work.

Unless there's a way to get Popovich, Spo or Monty I have no clue what other coach can replace Ime and do much better. I'm not fully excusing Ime but he's only been here about 30 games and at some point you also have to start putting the blame on the players. Jaylen and Tatum have been here 5-6 years now, at some point they've got to deliver and become consistent leaders.

Remember, a lot of these issues were similar to what we had with Brad Stevens the past 1-2 years too. So are we saying both CBS and Ime are terrible coaches already? Come on now.

There were some who said Brad was a bad coach, but the majority of us thought he was one of the best coaches in the league. I agree that you at least need to give Ime the year, but I'd love for Brad to want to get back out there.

Also - and I got blasted for this on Reddit - I'd rather we just kept Kemba and drafted Sengun at this point. It's nice to have Al back, but if we are going to be mediocre, I'd rather be mediocre with a high level prospect.

« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2021, 08:51:04 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
For those who are blaming Udoka:

Celtics are now (71-71, .500) over their last 142 regular and post season games dating back to well before the bubble.

February 29, 2020

Source: @bostonsportsinfo
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2021, 09:08:42 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Agreed. Ime is trash.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2021, 09:41:49 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Agreed. Ime is trash.

A little harsh don’t you think?

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2021, 11:28:23 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
I’m not a fan of Ime but it’s way too early to evaluate him. He hasn’t (seemingly) lost the locker room so there’s some hope.
- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2021, 11:30:57 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I understand peoples’ position that the players need to take responsibility for their hero ball crap, but it is Uchoka who needs to hold them accountable and bench their butts if they don’t do what they’re told, but he is not doing that.

The three players I mentioned in the OP who wanted Ime in the first place keep doing the same garbage.

1. Smart keeps heaving 3s.

2. Tatum keeps playing 1 on 2, 3 and sometimes 4.

3. Brown keeps attempting to dribble behind his back into double teams and turns the ball over on other bone-headed plays related to hero ball.

Whose job is it to make them stop this insanity (you know, doing the same stupid thing over and over again and expecting a different result)? It’s Ime’s job!

He is a terrible in game tactician….. a poor ATO guy, has no offensive schemes except for isolation ball, and worst of all, I think he is oblivious to things being wrong… The guy has got to go.

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2021, 11:41:18 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
The OP should deck his autocorrect it seems to be changing ‘d’ to ‘ch’ .

Looks like mine just did the opposite.

TP for the wit
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2021, 11:53:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The OP should deck his autocorrect it seems to be changing ‘d’ to ‘ch’ .

Looks like mine just did the opposite.

TP for the wit

lol TP to you.

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2021, 12:13:59 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
I understand peoples’ position that the players need to take responsibility for their hero ball crap, but it is Uchoka who needs to hold them accountable and bench their butts if they don’t do what they’re told, but he is not doing that.

You’re kidding, right? If Ime benched Tatum or Brown for this hero ball crap, it would be a media circus, a demand for a trade would probably follow, and then we’re out one of the two, having to sell low since they’re forcing their way out like PG-13 and Kawhi before them.

The smarter play is Udoka trying to get through to them, with both Udoka and Brad reassuring them they’re the guys no matter what. Brad could not do it and now Udoka is getting his turn to do it. If these two do not do what they’re told, though, eventually one of them will surely be sent packing very suddenly and seemingly unexpectedly (we’re not going to put up with .500 hero ball crap forever - it’s past 100 games at this point…).

Then we can progress and get on track…
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 12:19:13 AM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2021, 01:17:32 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Is it only hero ball when they fail?

The J’s need to learn how to finish, but if you don’t want the ball in your 2 best players hands in crunch time, who do you want to have the ball?

How many times did Giannis touch the ball in the last 2 minutes? How many times did The Truth have the ball and everybody else got out of the way? How many times did Lebron or Larry demand the ball? Once upon a time MJ passed the ball to Steve Kerr, who hit the game winning shot, but how many times did he play hero ball instead?

Isn’t the ball being in your best player’s hand when it matters exactly what you want?

If it’s only hero ball when it does not work, what is it called when it does? I think it’s usually called winning, but maybe I’m wrong

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2021, 01:31:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I’ve been disappointed.  I’m not sure if that disappointment is in Ime, or how the team has responded to him.  I expected more buy in.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 04:19:10 PM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2021, 02:37:34 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Do people realize if we fire a coach after 30 games when he is .500 with a lot of injuries and covid issues it would make us harder to attract coaches in the  future? We be running the team like a 12 year old.

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2021, 02:55:29 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Do people realize if we fire a coach after 30 games when he is .500 with a lot of injuries and covid issues it would make us harder to attract coaches in the  future? We be running the team like a 12 year old.

Not happy with Ime. But we are in that spot where we have to hope players/coach figure it out as we're stuck with Ime does and contrary to JB/JT trade rumors- we're running to the end with them as well.

« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2021, 04:13:55 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
I like Ime...

Players gotta do better....