Author Topic: So far, so good, Brad...  (Read 4920 times)

So far, so good, Brad...
« on: November 30, 2021, 10:14:58 PM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112

Re: So far, so good, Brad...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2021, 10:39:44 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Can expect much in year one of this poop show. Sucks to lose the first, but look how much Better Horford is that Walker.

Richardson way better than Moses. Only question is giving all that money to Marcus and my guy Bob who's always hurt.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 10:55:41 PM »

Kiorrik

Can expect much in year one of this poop show. Sucks to lose the first, but look how much Better Horford is that Walker.

Richardson way better than Moses. Only question is giving all that money to Marcus and my guy Bob who's always hurt.

We knew bobby was a risk tho. I think we're not overpaying him.

Marcus I feel was a great hire for several reasons. One's his on-court production, another his heart. People love to fall over his flaws but if you look at the stats he's an overal MAJOR plus.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 11:46:14 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Marcus I feel was a great hire for several reasons. One's his on-court production, another his heart. People love to fall over his flaws but if you look at the stats he's an overal MAJOR plus.

Hypothetically  if we could offer 80 million to Smart, Schroder or Lonzo Ball rank them one to three. I'll go first.

Lonzo #1
Denis #2
Smart #3

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 11:48:32 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Hypothetically  if we could offer 80 million to Smart, Schroder or Lonzo Ball rank them one to three. I'll go first.

Lonzo #1
Denis #2
Smart #3

Smart #1
Smart #2
Smart #3

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2021, 12:05:12 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Lonzo #1
Denis #2
Smart #3

Smart #1
Smart #2
Smart #3

Play the game the right way.  Smarts definitely not #1 on that list.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2021, 12:10:26 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Lonzo #1
Denis #2
Smart #3

Smart #1
Smart #2
Smart #3

Play the game the right way.  Smarts definitely not #1 on that list.

Maybe not, but he is who the Cs paid, so you gotta go with him.

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2021, 05:13:46 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I would had kept Moses Brown, he would fit nicely here..Dallas should be playing him & I expect they will

Kemba knees are shot & Fournier is just a streak shooting, so great job letting them go

Al is doing nicely here & Schroeder has been a steal, maybe MVP if this team so far

Extension for Smart & TimeLord wasn’t a smart move, hopefully trade both for a star player

C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2021, 05:38:04 AM »

Kiorrik

I would had kept Moses Brown, he would fit nicely here..Dallas should be playing him & I expect they will

Kemba knees are shot & Fournier is just a streak shooting, so great job letting them go

Al is doing nicely here & Schroeder has been a steal, maybe MVP if this team so far

Extension for Smart & TimeLord wasn’t a smart move, hopefully trade both for a star player

How do people keep saying sighing Smart wasn't a good move.

Dude's won us games this season. He had a couple bad plays, and people are judging him for that.

Seriously don't understand the blind hate. I'm not saying he's the perfect player but we certainly didn't overpay for someone literally everyone in the league wants on their team.

- His 3pt and FG attempts are down (that's what people wanted)
 - His turnovers are down.
 - His steals are up.
 - He's rebounding at a career high.
 - He's driving more and taking more 2pt shots
 - His 2pt shots are at a career high (49.5%)

His number of assists is the same. So fair enough, you want that higher. But you can blame that on everyone shooting terribly half the time cuz his assist% is up.

I dunno man. You're all weird for thinking he's a bad signing.

Also, over the last 6 games, he's been averaging 7.6 assists per game (for the season he has 5.7) on only 1.5 turnovers.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2021, 05:48:36 AM by Kiorrik »

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2021, 07:03:09 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Bobby is also a tradeable contract. I'm sure there will be plenty of teams interested in him if we choose to move on or make him part of a trade package.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2021, 07:05:53 AM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Lonzo #1
Denis #2
Smart #3

Steph Curry #1
Luka Doncic #2
Trae Young #3

If we're gonna talk about unrealistic/impossible moves, we should be aiming a lot higher.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2021, 08:00:12 AM »

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I've said this on other threads:

As much as I like Brad's move so far, I'm convinced that the Horford deal was in the works last season, under Danny.  Horford was being held out by OKC to avoid an injury to a tradeable asset.  Combine that with the fact that the deal happened very quickly when Brad was promoted to GM.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2021, 08:20:03 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

As much as I like Brad's move so far, I'm convinced that the Horford deal was in the works last season, under Danny.  Horford was being held out by OKC to avoid an injury to a tradeable asset.  Combine that with the fact that the deal happened very quickly when Brad was promoted to GM.

I’m much happier with An old Al , who is on the court actually playing ,  than paying Kemba star salary to sit and watch with no hope of him ever being the guy Danny thought he was getting.

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2021, 08:47:03 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254

Lonzo #1
Denis #2
Smart #3

Steph Curry #1
Luka Doncic #2
Trae Young #3

If we're gonna talk about unrealistic/impossible moves, we should be aiming a lot higher.

Lonzo was given an $85M contract, and we could have easily offered a better sign and trade. It is fair to wonder whether Lonzo would have wanted to be here or not, but as moves go, there was otherwise nothing unrealistic about it at all. This was a very, very big miss.

Both Smart and Ball are good but somewhat flawed players. The difference is that Ball is exceptional at precisely the things this team desperately needs: playmaking, transitional pace and ball movement. After a rocky start, Smart has been better than expected so far, but he's never going to be more than a utility guard. He will not solve our offensive woes.

This team has to take a chance at solving its core playmaking and pace issues. We have done other types of moves, and those are all well and good, but we aren't going anywhere without reaching for a guy like Ball. There are aren't that many players out there that you can count on to impact ball movement in a worthwhile way.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2021, 08:48:18 AM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Maybe but Brad had to approve it and gets credit for it since it occurred under his watch.