Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 78040 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2021, 10:27:24 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Ugh....

Gary Washburn: #Celtics list Jaylen Brown as OUT for tomorrow against #Mavericks with hamstring tightness. Josh Richardson (foot) is questionable.  – via Twitter
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 11:14:43 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #91 on: November 06, 2021, 05:02:24 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

A. Sherrod Blakely: Following the #Bulls loss on Monday, Celtics Rob Williams said Al Horford sat the whole team down, telling them to “embrace the loss and keep pushing.” Boston hasn’t lost a game since. – via Twitter ASherrodblakely
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #92 on: November 06, 2021, 08:34:11 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

A. Sherrod Blakely: Following the #Bulls loss on Monday, Celtics Rob Williams said Al Horford sat the whole team down, telling them to “embrace the loss and keep pushing.” Boston hasn’t lost a game since. – via Twitter ASherrodblakely

"Boston hasn't lost a game since" is a funny thing to say when it's been two games
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #93 on: November 06, 2021, 10:01:51 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

"Boston hasn't lost a game since" is a funny thing to say when it's been two games

Agreed. Lol

« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2021, 12:21:25 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
Celtics are 4-6, their worst 10-game start since the 2014-‘15 season, which they started the same.

The team is 20th in ORTG, 13th in DRTG, 20th in NETRTG, 22nd in EFG%, and 21st in TS%.

Udoka aimed for the team’s pace to be better. They’re currently 22nd.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2021, 12:32:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Celtics are 4-6, their worst 10-game start since the 2014-‘15 season, which they started the same.

The team is 20th in ORTG, 13th in DRTG, 20th in NETRTG, 22nd in EFG%, and 21st in TS%.

What are those numbers over the last three games? Those numbers 3 games ago were in the 28th-30th numbers. 3 games later they are in the 20th-22nd numbers. If they keep playing well, what will those numbers look like 3-4 games from now?

« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2021, 03:16:01 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

What are those numbers over the last three games? Those numbers 3 games ago were in the 28th-30th numbers. 3 games later they are in the 20th-22nd numbers. If they keep playing well, what will those numbers look like 3-4 games from now?
i agree. the last 3 games pleasantly surprised me. definite change, positive change, in many areas.

i am really curious how the team comes out against toronto, a very good team that whomped the celtics earlier this year, 115-83, though it was close for the first half.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2021, 03:36:22 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
On the bright side, the Lakers are showing their age and overall roster flaws already. Several key guys out for extended time including Lebron, and Westbrook is playing poorly, 1-13 last night in a blowout loss where they needed him to step up.

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2021, 02:43:10 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Via Sean Grande

Boston has a 97.1 defensive rating when Al Horford is on the floor, that would be 2nd in the NBA.

It's 111.9 without him, that would be 28th.

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2021, 03:07:52 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Via Sean Grande

Boston has a 97.1 defensive rating when Al Horford is on the floor, that would be 2nd in the NBA.

Really wished we'd snagged Hassan Whiteside somehow...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2021, 03:16:18 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
I was so exicted about Tatum saying that he wants to be on one of the all-defense teams, I just didn’t realize that he was aiming for the 32nd all-defensive team.

I am trying to be less critical of our team, but it’s hard not to be.
I loved our roster moves, I loved that Brad steped down (or up).
Ime has dissapointed me the most, nothing changed for us, all our problems stayed and even became worse. Our switch everything routine is mind blowing, how can a professional coach be okay with the game plan that leaves an opponent allstar guard or winger isolated with our center.

Tatum is a horrific defender, he doesn’t get critisized at all for that. He gets blown by by the smalls, overpowered by the bigs, and his off ball defense and overhelping is atrocious.

But i am still not blaming a single player for the start we had, it is the coach i am concerned about.
My quick fix plan:
-stop switching everything, be selective about it. Use the fact that we have some great guard defenders like smart, josh and dennis.
-let smart and dennis be more on ball true point guard ball handlers
-entice the drive and kick game
-stop with the 3pt love fest.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2021, 10:20:15 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Does anyone else wonder where the Jaylen Brown injury came from?  I don't recall hearing about this at all in the offseason, matter of fact, only thing I recall is the wrist healing and as soon as he was working out, how good he looked.

Just curious, where did I miss this "small" piece of news?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2021, 11:10:06 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Via Sean Grande

Awesome. That would explain why he wasn’t on the floor for the last 4 minutes of the Dallas game. Oh, wait...  ???

« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2021, 10:54:27 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
Via Tom Westerholm

The Celtics have outscored opponents by 16.2 points per 100 possessions with Jaylen Brown on the floor.

« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2021, 11:06:51 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227
Does anyone else wonder where the Jaylen Brown injury came from?  I don't recall hearing about this at all in the offseason, matter of fact, only thing I recall is the wrist healing and as soon as he was working out, how good he looked.

Just curious, where did I miss this "small" piece of news?

It happened during the Miami game. They even replayed it several times. He slipped while driving to the basket. It didn’t look that bad but he was ruled out for the rest of the game.