Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 575215 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #915 on: December 14, 2021, 04:28:22 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Bulls should either forfeit or the league should let them call up a bunch of players from the GLeague to fill in slots.  Hornets shouldn't have to suffer because Bulls can't field a team.  Last year should have been a 1 time thing on that.  Now it is just the cost of doing business.
a forfeit would seem to be a reasonable response.  the question I have though is how are the fans compensated for the player's reckless disregard of covid protocols?  sure, ticket refund is obvious and probably a refund to the media outlets covering those forfeited games but I think there needs to be more and it needs to come out of the players' pockets to drive home the point that they need to pay attention to the protocols.  perhaps refund tickets at double the cost and the media outlets at 1.5 times the broadcast rights for the game.  hit them in the wallet and you'll see the players toe the line with staying as healthy as possible.
The players could be following protocols and still be getting exposed to COVID and catching it. Once one player gets it, you got think most of the team will if not caught in time and the player isolated.
are they though?  most people are just out and about without masks nowadays.  I've been vaxxed and boosted and admit to not masking unless I'm going into a business that has a sign posted that requires it.  I still keep my distance and have been fortunate not to catch this but if I was in a made a living at something that required I be around other people I'd be a lot more diligent about masking in public.

« Reply #916 on: December 14, 2021, 04:55:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bulls should either forfeit or the league should let them call up a bunch of players from the GLeague to fill in slots.  Hornets shouldn't have to suffer because Bulls can't field a team.  Last year should have been a 1 time thing on that.  Now it is just the cost of doing business.
a forfeit would seem to be a reasonable response.  the question I have though is how are the fans compensated for the player's reckless disregard of covid protocols?  sure, ticket refund is obvious and probably a refund to the media outlets covering those forfeited games but I think there needs to be more and it needs to come out of the players' pockets to drive home the point that they need to pay attention to the protocols.  perhaps refund tickets at double the cost and the media outlets at 1.5 times the broadcast rights for the game.  hit them in the wallet and you'll see the players toe the line with staying as healthy as possible.
The players could be following protocols and still be getting exposed to COVID and catching it. Once one player gets it, you got think most of the team will if not caught in time and the player isolated.
are they though?  most people are just out and about without masks nowadays.  I've been vaxxed and boosted and admit to not masking unless I'm going into a business that has a sign posted that requires it.  I still keep my distance and have been fortunate not to catch this but if I was in a made a living at something that required I be around other people I'd be a lot more diligent about masking in public.
Players are still around family, friends and people they work with who could be exposing them to the disease. You make it sound like the only time they are exposed is if they are out in public. That's definitely not true. Players most likely are getting at home or from another player they play with....or maybe against.

And someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you are an NBA player and have gotten the vaccine, you only get tested once a week. That's why whole teams can get infected. If someone gets it from their kid and brings it into the locker room the day after team testing, it can infect almost the whole team before the next testing date.

« Reply #917 on: December 14, 2021, 07:50:01 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1455
Steph Curry just passed Ray Allen for the most 3pt shots made in NBA history.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #918 on: December 14, 2021, 07:51:44 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Classy move by Thibs calling a timeout so Steph could enjoy his moment.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #919 on: December 14, 2021, 07:54:26 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Giannis just entered the H&S protocols. So basically all of our guys were exposed to him last game. Let’s hope none of the Cs got infected.

« Reply #920 on: December 14, 2021, 07:56:05 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1415
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Giannis just entered the H&S protocols. So basically all of our guys were exposed to him last game. Let’s hope none of the Cs got infected.

Richardson has been in H&S protocols, so looks like the rest of the squad has been exposed twice.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #921 on: December 14, 2021, 08:12:59 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2718

Just when we finally started looking good with a full roster!

« Reply #922 on: December 14, 2021, 08:17:48 PM »

Kiorrik

Half the Nets including harden into the health and safety protocols.

This gonna be a doozy.

« Reply #923 on: December 14, 2021, 08:19:24 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2718
Half the Nets including harden into the health and safety protocols.

This gonna be a doozy.

This is a ton of players across the league testing positive lately, in a league were 90+% of the players are vaccinated. I wonder if any of them have boosters and if the NBA should mandate boosters.

« Reply #924 on: December 14, 2021, 08:57:08 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Stephen Curry surpasses Ray Allen as the new 3-point king in the Mecca of Basketball

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #925 on: December 14, 2021, 08:57:58 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008

Richardson has been in H&S protocols, so looks like the rest of the squad has been exposed twice.

We might actually be thin on the roster on Christmas matchup

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #926 on: December 14, 2021, 10:52:03 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Is it like cold weather cities? What is happening here. Philly, Charlotte, bulls now bucks. We are next? Lebron
Missed one game

« Reply #927 on: December 14, 2021, 11:07:34 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1558
Players are still around family, friends and people they work with who could be exposing them to the disease. You make it sound like the only time they are exposed is if they are out in public. That's definitely not true. Players most likely are getting at home or from another player they play with....or maybe against.

And someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you are an NBA player and have gotten the vaccine, you only get tested once a week. That's why whole teams can get infected. If someone gets it from their kid and brings it into the locker room the day after team testing, it can infect almost the whole team before the next testing date.
The NFL tests vaccinated players every Monday, I don't think the NBA tests them at all unless they have symptoms or a close contact with someone that is positive.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #928 on: December 14, 2021, 11:14:21 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

that very well may be but the people I personally know who've caught Covid all had one thing in common - a reckless disregard for the infectiousness of this disease and all but one had a ridiculous distrust of the vaccine.  not saying the players are not getting vaccinated but I'd question how much effort they put into avoiding contact with people.

« Reply #929 on: December 16, 2021, 09:35:48 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 418
Sabonis wants out of Indiana.. go get him Brad, please!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin