Author Topic: Simmons to Golden State rumor Rusillo  (Read 7527 times)

Simmons to Golden State rumor Rusillo
« on: September 24, 2021, 01:29:29 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Wow this is crazy.  He's asking who leaked this rumor.  GS or Philly showing the type of package they want. Here it is.

Wiggins, Kuminga, Looney, and Wiseman plus two first for the scrub choke artist B Simmons. That's way too much IMO.  What say you.

Re: Simmons to Golden State rumor Rusillo
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 01:34:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Wow this is crazy.  He's asking who leaked this rumor.  GS or Philly showing the type of package they want. Here it is.

Wiggins, Kuminga, Looney, and Wiseman plus two first for the scrub choke artist B Simmons. That's way too much IMO.  What say you.

Can we get in on this trade and get Kuminga?

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 01:47:42 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I don't know about way too much.  Philly would be taking on an unvaccinated player with a bad contract who isn't that good anyway (Wiggins).  That offsets the future firsts which GSW expect to be 25 or worse.  That leaves Wiseman, Kuminga, Looney for Simmons.  I don't think that is horrible value for GSW.  Kind of rich I guess but GSW would be thinking they can unlock the full Simmons all NBA level talent.  Maybe they can.

Wiseman is an odd piece to be in this though.  He makes little sense alongside Embiid meaning there are limited minutes for him (I guess until Embiid is hurt).  A 3-way where Wiseman and/or Kuminga go somewhere and Philly gets a vet, established player, seems more plausible.

I don't see how the Celtics could get involved but if we did, I would target Wiseman.

Updating, how about Schroder for Wiseman?  PHI needs a good PG, we can use a TPE if needed.  I think we can trade Schroder if not combined with other players, right?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:57:17 PM by Vermont Green »

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 02:01:25 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I don't know about way too much.  Philly would be taking on an unvaccinated player with a bad contract who isn't that good anyway (Wiggins).  That offsets the future firsts which GSW expect to be 25 or worse.  That leaves Wiseman, Kuminga, Looney for Simmons.  I don't think that is horrible value for GSW.  Kind of rich I guess but GSW would be thinking they can unlock the full Simmons all NBA level talent.  Maybe they can.

Wiseman is an odd piece to be in this though.  He makes little sense alongside Embiid meaning there are limited minutes for him (I guess until Embiid is hurt).  A 3-way where Wiseman and/or Kuminga go somewhere and Philly gets a vet, established player, seems more plausible.

I don't see how the Celtics could get involved but if we did, I would target Wiseman.

Updating, how about Schroder for Wiseman?  PHI needs a good PG, we can use a TPE if needed.  I think we can trade Schroder if not combined with other players, right?

Schröder can’t be traded until December 15th, because he just signed in free agency with us.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 02:04:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Can we get in on this trade and get Kuminga?

How about getting Wiseman to eventually replace Horford?   

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 02:05:50 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
GSW would have been my first thought if Simmons is traded.  they have the expendable assets to get him if they see value in him.  definitely enough offense there to take the scoring pressure off of him.

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 02:10:21 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
There is zero chance GSW give all that up for Simmons. Zero. Just don’t see how Simmons makes sense with Green on the roster. Unless they plan on getting rid of him too.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 02:34:00 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Russillo literally said in his latest podcast that ''the Golden State thing isn't gonna happen, at least that price. I think there's some confusion or some disagreement out there on how bad they even want him. Again, I've always said this, if I'm Golden State, why am I fixing your problem at an exorbitant price?''.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgcR67L-6bU&t=452s

Fwiw, he also said that the Celtics are interested in Simmons. Here's the exact quote:

Quote from: Ryen Russillo
The Celtics are interested. I don't think Daryl (Morey) is gonna do that with the Celtics.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:44:47 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 02:58:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Geez awful trade for Warriors
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 03:10:16 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
That is pretty close to what the Sixers asked for around the draft, though now it appears Wiggins vaccination status is a real issue so that it might be worth revisiting.  And as currently constructed (though it doesn't work), the Warriors are dropping like 18 million in salary, which given their tax status is really significantly more money than that. 

As indicated, the trade doesn't actually work financially, the Warriors are sending over 51 million out and only getting back 33 million.  The Sixers can't do that, so it has to include other players leaving Philly unless they find teams to take players without taking anything back. Let's just assume they can't find anyone to dump off, so more salary needs to be added.  Adding Seth Curry works financially, so let's just go with that (and that saves the Warriors like 10 million off the cap, which is a huge amount of money given their tax status - which is why someone like Looney is included as he otherwise makes no sense to be the in trade).

So final trade Simmons, Curry for Wiggins, Wiseman, Kuminga, Looney, draft picks

Looking at the trade not with what the Warriors give up, but what they will have left

Starters - Curry, Thompson, Porter, Simmons, Green
Rotation -  Moody, Poole, Curry, Lee, Toscano-Anderson, Iggy, Bjelica

Definitely weak interior depth, but the starting 5 would be awesome (and they have very nice guard/wing depth) so you can see where that trade can be appealing to the Warriors.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 05:16:53 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Russillo = No sauces

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 07:53:30 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Update. Warriors ownership is not interested in Simmons at all.

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 08:58:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yeah, Lacob got fined days ago for saying his team had no interest in Simmons. Not sure when Rusillo dropped this rumor, but it died with Lacob's comments

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 09:05:10 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

Yeah, Lacob got fined days ago for saying his team had no interest in Simmons. Not sure when Rusillo dropped this rumor, but it died with Lacob's comments
Or was Lacob merely trying to end any potential locker-room issues based on rumors that may not come to fruition.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2021, 09:47:23 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Or was Lacob merely trying to end any potential locker-room issues based on rumors that may not come to fruition.

Haha