Author Topic: Wiggins won't get vaccinated may be banned from playing home games  (Read 21373 times)

Re: Wiggins won't get vaccinated may be banned from playing home games
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2021, 11:38:45 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Shot selection has always been an issue for Wiggins.

(I definitely stole that)
good one -- TP

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2021, 11:40:52 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Maybe Wiggins can use San Francisco’s mayor’s argument:

“My drink was sitting at the table,” said Breed. “I got up and started dancing because I was feeling the spirit and I wasn’t thinking about a mask.”

Don't feel as though you have to be micromanaged about mask wearing. Like, we don't need the fun police to come in and try and micromanage and tell us what we should or shouldn't be doing. We know what we need to do to protect ourselves

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/20/politics/london-breed-violating-san-francisco-mask-order/index.html

That is my biggest issue with mask mandates, often those instituting them don’t follow them. Rules for thee but not for me.
that's the case with most rules/laws and those with power/money.  doesn't mean the rule breakers shouldn't suffer the consequences.

however, the mask requirements are actual beneficial for the public health. 

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2021, 11:40:53 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
At this point, Wiggins does have the "right" to choose to be unvaccinated but if he makes that choice, he also has to accept the consequences.  In this case, his employer has determined that it is bad for business to have their star athletes catching and spreading the virus so they have exercised their right to require their employees to be vaccinated.

I don't think the NBA/Warriors should be forced to accept a religious exemption, even if it was real.  Say someone worked where it was necessary for cleanliness reasons to not have long hair or a beard.  If a person claimed that their religion didn't allow them to cut their hair or beard, should that company be forced to continue to employ that person?

Wiggins will be creating a less safe environment for other employees and customers.  Why should an employer be forced to accept that even if the religious objection is legitimate (which in most cases it probably isn't)?

And as to masks, they significantly reduce the spread of the virus from an infected person to the rest of the world.  Masks offer some limited protection for the person wearing the mask from getting infected.  I am surprised people are still poo-poo'ing masks.

my limited understanding as an employer is yes

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2021, 11:47:38 AM »

Online 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
In the last month....I know of 7 people who have been vaxxed and have gotten Covid (all were fine). A good friend of mine was double vaxxed, got Covid and we're pretty sure he gave me Covid over 2 weeks ago--I took Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin and Zinc Sulfate, Barely had a fever for a couple of days and am 100% now.

I'm not anti-vax, I just did my research....Nobody could tell me the long term effects of this Vaccination, because NOBODY knows, it's too new. Make your own decisions.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »

Offline heyvik

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 75
In the last month....I know of 7 people who have been vaxxed and have gotten Covid (all were fine). A good friend of mine was double vaxxed, got Covid and we're pretty sure he gave me Covid over 2 weeks ago--I took Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin and Zinc Sulfate, Barely had a fever for a couple of days and am 100% now.

I'm not anti-vax, I just did my research....Nobody could tell me the long term effects of this Vaccination, because NOBODY knows, it's too new. Make your own decisions.

What exactly does that mean to you? Did you personally talk to health professionals? Did you do internet searches? Watch videos on YouTube?
This phrase baffles me because unless you yourself do human clinical trials, then you are basically listening to others, who may be listening to others who may not be qualified, or have nefarious motives to manipulate information - IJS

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2021, 12:46:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It's his decision and his choice.   I've have it and got vaccinated twice, but I don't think it is right to force my views on science on others because it is his body. 

… Minding your own business is a lost thing in America.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 02:44:56 PM by Roy H. »

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2021, 01:19:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

What exactly does that mean to you? Did you personally talk to health professionals? Did you do internet searches? Watch videos on YouTube?
This phrase baffles me because unless you yourself do human clinical trials, then you are basically listening to others, who may be listening to others who may not be qualified, or have nefarious motives to manipulate information - IJS

He means nobody can tell you the long term effects because  NOBODY knows silly billy.

« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2021, 01:26:05 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

He means nobody can tell you the long term effects because  NOBODY knows silly billy.
Yeah except there haven't been long term side effects for any vaccines in a very long time.  These vaccines are all based on existing methods and those methods do not produce long term side effects.  The side effects that do develop, develop basically immediately (some of them can last long term - i.e. mycarditis can linger for years and maybe forever, but you know if that was a side effect very quickly).  That is how the science works. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2021, 02:33:02 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Yeah except there haven't been long term side effects for any vaccines in a very long time.  These vaccines are all based on existing methods and those methods do not produce long term side effects.  The side effects that do develop, develop basically immediately (some of them can last long term - i.e. mycarditis can linger for years and maybe forever, but you know if that was a side effect very quickly).  That is how the science works.

We do know two things, though. That safety in vaccine series' are not linear. That is, getting a third of fourth booster of an existing shot doesn't just mean that you add the risk profile of the first ones with each subsequent one. The second thing we know is that in order to utilize COVID vaccines, we will need subsequent shots beyond the first two and almost certainly beyond the first three as well. So we will find out.

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2021, 03:02:23 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

I think that right there tells us where the information is coming from.  I am curious, did a Doctor recommend and prescribe Hydroxychloroquine?

At any rate, no matter how much I disagree with your conclusion on the vaccine, I do agree that it is your choice.  People can choose to get a tattoo on their face, something I would also disagree with, it is just a question of accepting the consequences of your choices.    As a non-vaccinated person, you are a greater risk to other people than a vaccinated person.  You say you think you got COVID and if you did, you may have spread it to others.  Had you gotten vaccinated, you may not have gotten it and if you did end up being a rare breakthrough case, you would be less likely to spread it.

Some of those consequences could be lack of access to business who choose for the safety of their customers and employees to limit their business to only vaccinated people.   Lack of employment options as some employers may not want the greater risk for other employees or customers.  Other parents may not want you to go to a school event where unvaccinated kids are present as there would be greater risk to them.

If you accept the consequences and act accordingly, you can skip the vaccine and keep the hydroxychloroquine handy if that is what you want.  But you have to accept those who are not going to want to share a restaurant with you, sit next to you at work, or have you around their kids and respect, not resent, their choices.

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2021, 03:37:44 PM »

Offline SDceltGuy

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 49
As a non-vaccinated person, you are a greater risk to other people than a vaccinated person.  You say you think you got COVID and if you did, you may have spread it to others.  Had you gotten vaccinated, you may not have gotten it and if you did end up being a rare breakthrough case, you would be less likely to spread it.

Some of those consequences could be lack of access to business who choose for the safety of their customers and employees to limit their business to only vaccinated people.   Lack of employment options as some employers may not want the greater risk for other employees or customers.  Other parents may not want you to go to a school event where unvaccinated kids are present as there would be greater risk to them.

If you accept the consequences and act accordingly, you can skip the vaccine and keep the hydroxychloroquine handy if that is what you want.  But you have to accept those who are not going to want to share a restaurant with you, sit next to you at work, or have you around their kids and respect, not resent, their choices.

I dont want to sit next to you if you have a cold - but closing off society to a group of people without any symptoms (many with natural immunity) is not how we have ever operated as a society.  As a vaxd person you can still get/spread it, so why do I have to sit next to you?  As a heathly person that has already had it and recovered - I likely have better protection than you thus you are a bigger threat to me than i am to you.  At some point we just need to get back to normal, assume the reasonable risks of living life.

Covid has been so politicized it has made people entirely irrational as many demonstrate here on CS - begging the govt to lock them in their homes.  Polling has shown that people dramatically over estimate risks associated with Covid.  Once politics gets involve it ultimately means one group employing the state to use violence to force their prerogative on the out of power group.  The stakes get very high. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 04:43:39 PM by SDceltGuy »

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2021, 04:07:52 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
As a non-vaccinated person, you are a greater risk to other people than a vaccinated person.  You say you think you got COVID and if you did, you may have spread it to others.  Had you gotten vaccinated, you may not have gotten it and if you did end up being a rare breakthrough case, you would be less likely to spread it.

I dont want to sit next to you if you have a cold - but closing off society to a group of people without any symptoms (many with natural immunity) is not how we have ever operated as a society.  As a vaxd person you can still get/spread it, so why do I have to sit next to you?  As a heathly person that has already had it and recovered - I likely have better protected than you thus you are a bigger threat to me than i am to you.  At some point we just need to get back to normal, assume the reasonable risks of living life.

Covid has been so politicized it has made people entirely irrational as many demonstrate here on CS - begging the govt to lock them in their homes.  Polling has shown that people dramatically over estimate risks associated with Covid.  Once politics gets involve it ultimately means one group employing the state to use violence to force their prerogative on the out of power group.  The stakes get very high.

That's the thing. We don't know how everything will play out, but it's completely possible we end up with a large unvaccinated population that is less of a risk than a large population of people who have received vaccinations. I just wonder if people think the consequences should be the same (but applied inversely) toward the more risky population at that time.

Let's ask the star bellied sneetches.

« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2021, 04:28:54 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I got mild myocarditis from Covid, and after each vaccine but it resolved itself each time.   My was worse after the virus and the second shot.

Conclusions: Myocarditis (or pericarditis or myopericarditis) from primary COVID19 infection occurred at a rate as high as 450 per million in young males. Young males infected with the virus are up 6 times more likely to develop myocarditis as those who have received the vaccine.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34341797/

Since April 2021, increased cases of myocarditis and pericarditis have been reported in the United States after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna), particularly in adolescents and young adults. There has not been a similar reporting pattern observed after receipt of the Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine (Johnson & Johnson).

In most cases, patients who presented for medical care have responded well to medications and rest and had prompt improvement of symptoms. Reported cases have occurred predominantly in male adolescents and young adults 16 years of age and older. Onset was typically within several days after mRNA COVID-19 vaccination, and cases have occurred more often after the second dose than the first dose. CDC and its partners are investigating these reports of myocarditis and pericarditis following mRNA COVID-19 vaccination.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/clinical-considerations/myocarditis.html

This is not entirely true, people have made VAERS reports prior to Covid,  Here are some from the Flu Vaccine from 1990 not Covid related.  Rest Assured they are rare but you can look here.

https://openvaers.com/openvaers

The things is this vaccine was rushed through fast without normal trials or as extensive trials.  Here is the Vaers data

Data released Sept. 17 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) showed that between Dec. 14, 2020 and Sept. 10, 2021, a total of 701,561 adverse events following COVID vaccines were reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). The data included a total of 14,925 reports of deaths — an increase of 419 over the previous week.

There were 91,523 reports of serious injuries, including the reports of deaths, during the same time period — up 3,352 compared with the previous week.

Excluding “foreign reports” filed in VAERS, 559,462 adverse events, including 6,756 deaths and 43,073 serious injuries, were reported in the U.S. between Dec. 14, 2020 and Sept. 10, 2021.

Of the 6,756 U.S. deaths reported as of Sept. 10, 12% occurred within 24 hours of vaccination, 17% occurred within 48 hours of vaccination and 31% occurred in people who experienced an onset of symptoms within 48 hours of being vaccinated.

In the U.S., 378.2 million COVID vaccine doses had been administered as of Sept. 10. This includes: 216 million doses of Pfizer, 148 million doses of Moderna and 15 million doses of Johnson & Johnson (J&J).

More data, please note the outcomes to a bad vaccine reaction are very similar to covid itself and age does play a factor.

https://vaersanalysis.info/2021/08/20/vaers-summary-for-covid-19-vaccines-through-8-13-2021/

DON"T TAKE THIS AS MEDICAL ADVICE, YOU SHOULD ONLY GET MEDICAL ADVICE FROM YOUR DOCTOR  THIS IS JUST DATA.

My doctor recommended I get the vaccine after having it and I did, I had the myocarditis and it is better now in my case.   I have a job that I have to work with people in the community and visit their homes.   I have not got covid since my initial infection.   I've heard that having prior covid and getting the vaccine provides even more protection.  I take reasonable precautions

Medicine should not be politicized period.  Greatt post SDceltGuy  TP to you

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2021, 04:48:29 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
How do you THINK you got Covid? If you think you have it, go get tested, otherwise you don't know.  I've heard this nonsense from people in my circles. Then two that said it, got Covid, one was hospitalized for a week and now has heart issues. The other was sick as a dog at home for two weeks. Both ended up giving it to loved ones, including my nephew who is a teenager.

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2021, 04:50:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That is my biggest issue with mask mandates, often those instituting them don’t follow them. Rules for thee but not for me.

which means these politicians dont even believe masks are necessary/effective - and they laws they pass and enforce are just for show/politics.
That is not at all what it means.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)