Author Topic: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)  (Read 67214 times)

Re: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)
« Reply #360 on: October 19, 2021, 12:23:17 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
31s
Simmons’ reluctance to physically and mentally engage with the Sixers since his return has been a consistent theme, sources tell ESPN.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2021, 12:25:31 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
·
31s
Simmons’ reluctance to physically and mentally engage with the Sixers since his return has been a consistent theme, sources tell ESPN.

Now he needs to put on 30 pounds and start going to strip clubs unmasked.  It worked for Harden.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2021, 12:37:42 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
If you are just going to get suspended and not try, why bother showing back up.  That will only make it harder for the team to trade you.  What a moron.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2021, 12:50:29 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
If you are just going to get suspended and not try, why bother showing back up.  That will only make it harder for the team to trade you.  What a moron.

Money and disruption. Fines are less than not showing up at allnd more easily disputed if it gets there. Plus the added benefit (for Simmons and Klutch) of bringing the drama right into the facility/team, impacting the product on the court, all while paying him max money.

It couldn't be happening to a better team! Trust the process Haha. I love it!!

« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2021, 12:52:59 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Money and disruption. Fines are less than not showing up at allnd more easily disputed if it gets there. Plus the added benefit (for Simmons and Klutch) of bringing the drama right into the facility/team, impacting the product on the court, all while paying him max money.

It couldn't be happening to a better team! Trust the process Haha. I love it!!

Yeah, it’s a lot easier to get an arbitrator to reduce / overturn a “conduct detrimental “ suspension than it is to get paid for not showing up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2021, 12:55:02 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
So the Sixers are winning this battle, right?

Ben Simmons suspended for refusing to participate in next stage of practice

Adrian Wojnarowski: Ben Simmons was tossed early in practice, essentially for a refusal to participate in the next stage of the session, sources tell ESPN. – via
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2021, 12:56:37 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Adrian Wojnarowski: Ben Simmons was tossed early in practice, essentially for a refusal to participate in the next stage of the session, sources tell ESPN. – via

Classic lose-lose. Although I still think the winner will be the team that trades for him.

« Reply #367 on: October 19, 2021, 01:00:03 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2919

Honestly, good on them and Doc. I think they’re playing this right. You have to take a stand somewhere for the entire league’s sake. You let this kind of behavior stand and this is just going to become more and more frequent, even at these early stages of contracts. And selfishly it’s good for us for them to take this hard line to not encourage any of our young star guys to do this, though I would say there’s pretty significant differences in character amongst these guys and Simmons/Klutch.

« Reply #368 on: October 19, 2021, 01:01:44 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Must have been practicing shooting open 3's next.

« Reply #369 on: October 19, 2021, 01:18:53 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
SportsCenter
@SportsCenter
·
21m
"At this point I don't care about that man, honestly. He does whatever he wants."

–Joel Embiid on Ben Simmons

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2021, 01:21:05 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Part of me hates when players in general do this.

Part of me loves that this is happening to Morey. Morey played hardball and called Simmons bluff, but Simmons still has some cards up his sleeves.

Its dirty and, like I said, part of me hates it, but part of me still enjoys it.

« Reply #371 on: October 19, 2021, 01:39:43 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 984

Part of me loves that this is happening to Morey. Morey played hardball and called Simmons bluff, but Simmons still has some cards up his sleeves.

Its dirty and, like I said, part of me hates it, but part of me still enjoys it.

Yeah, I’m in the same place.  In general I don’t like it, but I wish success for neither Simmons nor the Sixers, and right now neither side is getting what they want.

« Reply #372 on: October 19, 2021, 01:40:34 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592

Out of this whole situation and everybody involved, Morey is the guy you enjoy seeing lose?

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #373 on: October 19, 2021, 01:42:00 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Embiid, Doc, and Sixers fans all publicly blamed Simmons for losing to Atlanta in the playoffs. I had the feeling that none of them wanted Simmons on the team going forward. So Simmons took the hint and publicly asked to be traded. This may be the one instance where I think the player (Simmons) is in the right to demand a trade (unlike what Harden did).

The Sixers have handled this whole thing horribly. They’re sticking to trade demands, that even perennial MVP candidates couldn’t command. Until the team lowers their trade demands, this will be a black cloud over this team all season. The coaches and players will not want to play in this toxic environment for too much longer. At some point, the owner needs to step in and tell Morey to trade Simmons, and not worry about getting so much back in return. Is the owner willing to accept 50 cents on the dollar in trade value terms?

« Reply #374 on: October 19, 2021, 01:45:00 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
He should have been tossed from yesterday's practice also based on the clips I saw.  He was going through the motions in sweatpants and a hoodie with a phone or something sticking out of his pocket.  Everyone else was in shorts and engaged.  Simmons was wandering around the periphery of the practice at times.  It didn't look like he was doing enough to be considered back on the team and qualify for receiving paychecks.