Author Topic: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)  (Read 67567 times)

Re: Simmons Wants Trade / Not Going To Report To Camp (CBS Report)
« Reply #315 on: October 11, 2021, 11:52:23 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Shams and Woj both reporting that Simmons return to the Sixers is looking more likely as the Sixers and Rich Paul have been discussing it all weekend and have gotten much closer to his return.

If Simmons comes back and actually gives effort, the Sixers will have played this perfectly.

So, essentially, ignore the crying baby and do not give into their demands and eventually, the baby stops crying.

Can you imagine if Simmons and Kyrie were ever teammates?  8)

« Reply #316 on: October 11, 2021, 12:38:34 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
This is all very embarrassing for Ben simmons.

« Reply #317 on: October 11, 2021, 01:15:56 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Yeah.  If he comes back he looks weak.  Just stay home, don't get paid, and wait for a trade.  Only way he can save any sort of face at this point.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #318 on: October 11, 2021, 01:27:12 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum

This whole situation reminds me of when George Constanza returns to his job on Monday, after quitting on Friday and pretending like he was just joking haha
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #319 on: October 11, 2021, 02:09:39 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
There was also a negative chant with a curse word that broke out against Ben simmons over the weekend at a wrestling event. He has also said he doesn’t like playing with Embid who is beloved in Philly. He has prove to ben a very sensitive player that hates criticism. How is he going to handle his home town crowd booing him in games. Can’t imagine he plays very well.

« Reply #320 on: October 11, 2021, 02:16:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Philly needs by to welcome him back, but quietly keep shopping him and then move him.

« Reply #321 on: October 11, 2021, 02:26:16 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Philly needs by to welcome him back, but quietly keep shopping him and then move him.

I think the team mostly will (although Embid seems fairly p---ed). I don’t think the fans will welcome him back and I don’t think simmons will be able to handle it.

« Reply #322 on: October 11, 2021, 02:28:48 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Not looking so Klutch now.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #323 on: October 11, 2021, 02:29:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not looking so Klutch now.
Well played...TP.

« Reply #324 on: October 11, 2021, 02:48:16 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
I'd love to trade for Ben Simmons.

Folks pay too much attention to noise made in a dispute. Too much focus on the cosmetic problems (TV back and forth) instead of the real problems (his shot).

Same.

He's an incredible defender and passer. He'd fit in perfectly.
Yep. And it's not just in his attitude, it's in his play as well. One of his best skills is as a passer so you'd think he should be able to make the players around him better but, as Embiid recently pointed out, the team was constantly trying to change things around Simmons to make him comfortable instead of Simmons elevating those players in some way.

He's an incredibly talent with some amazing skills so it won't surprise me if he finds success somewhere at some point but he has some serious growing up to do.

I agree strongly with this. I think Simmons will eventually be a valuable player for a team somewhere in the NBA.

« Reply #325 on: October 11, 2021, 04:13:48 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Shams and Woj both reporting that Simmons return to the Sixers is looking more likely as the Sixers and Rich Paul have been discussing it all weekend and have gotten much closer to his return.

If Simmons comes back and actually gives effort, the Sixers will have played this perfectly.

So, essentially, ignore the crying baby and do not give into their demands and eventually, the baby stops crying.

You forgot the most important part.  Withhold his money and wait for his bills to start coming due.  With 4 years left on his contract, Simmons didn't have much leverage. 

« Reply #326 on: October 11, 2021, 04:24:13 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

You forgot the most important part.  Withhold his money and wait for his bills to start coming due.  With 4 years left on his contract, Simmons didn't have much leverage.
Sure he did.  He could have just waited the Sixers out and made them fold, especially since they had already paid him 25% of his salary this year. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #327 on: October 11, 2021, 04:28:21 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

Sure he did.  He could have just waited the Sixers out and made them fold, especially since they had already paid him 25% of his salary this year.

yeah they paid him a month or two ago, but the one due a couple weeks ago they didn't give him, it's in escrow

« Reply #328 on: October 11, 2021, 04:32:22 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

I think the team mostly will (although Embid seems fairly p---ed). I don’t think the fans will welcome him back and I don’t think simmons will be able to handle it.
Won't be any issue with Embiid welcoming Simmons back especially if it happens before the season starts.  Embiid will post the reunion on his social media.  It will be interesting to see how the Sixers orchestrate his return with the fans.  I might bring him of the bench for the 1st game or two or maybe introduce him last in the starting line up with Embiid and the rest of the starters on court to greet him. 

« Reply #329 on: October 11, 2021, 04:39:12 PM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Won't be any issue with Embiid welcoming Simmons back especially if it happens before the season starts.  Embiid will post the reunion on his social media.  It will be interesting to see how the Sixers orchestrate his return with the fans.  I might bring him of the bench for the 1st game or two or maybe introduce him last in the starting line up with Embiid and the rest of the starters on court to greet him.

Do you think there is any chance he does not get a lot of boos? I honestly can’t remember a player in my lifetime being hated by the hometown fans this much.