Author Topic: Kanter Returns  (Read 11436 times)

Re: Kanter Returns
« Reply #105 on: August 04, 2021, 11:58:45 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I can’t see him being third string, nor do I see Robert Williams playing less.

Does that mean we may be seeing more Horford at the 4?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #106 on: August 05, 2021, 01:27:34 AM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
During his first stint with Boston, he became one of my favorite players in the whole league, so I'm happy he's coming back. Hopefully he gets utilized properly.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #107 on: August 05, 2021, 01:33:11 AM »

Online keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

No. It means your eyesight isnt very good, because he is definitely third string.

« Reply #108 on: August 05, 2021, 03:34:39 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
Question...

Rumor is that Kanter is going to be signed for one yeaar at $2.7M

According to Trade Machine we still havbe the $4.76M TPE from when we traded Kanter last year.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to talk Portland into doing a S&T for a highly protected second round pick or something so that we can then use Kanter's own TPE to trade for himself?  Because if we could do that my admittedly simply mind would find that hilariously amusing and I would hapilly give Brad Stevens a pass for this year just for that alone haha

On a more serious note reports seem to suggest we will use part of the MLE to sign Kanter, but at $2.7M couldn't we use the Bi-Annual exception to sign him so that we still have the MLE available for somebody else?   I don't recall us using the BIE last year, though I may be wrong. 

« Reply #109 on: August 05, 2021, 03:39:21 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum

No. It means your eyesight isnt very good, because he is definitely third string.

In fairness he did average 11 points and 11 rebounds in 25 minutes (on 60% shooting) last season for a playoff team.  Even with his defensive limitations taken in to consideration, that's better than 3rd string production.  Albeit his lack of a consistent midrange jumper does impact his position in the rotation I would think.

« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2021, 08:29:42 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Question...

According to Trade Machine we still havbe the $4.76M TPE from when we traded Kanter last year.

Wouldn't it be theoretically possible to talk Portland into doing a S&T for a highly protected second round pick or something so that we can then use Kanter's own TPE to trade for himself?  Because if we could do that my admittedly simply mind would find that hilariously amusing and I would hapilly give Brad Stevens a pass for this year just for that alone haha

On a more serious note reports seem to suggest we will use part of the MLE to sign Kanter, but at $2.7M couldn't we use the Bi-Annual exception to sign him so that we still have the MLE available for somebody else?   I don't recall us using the BIE last year, though I may be wrong.
Agree, absolutely hilarious!

Then sign Aron Baynes with the MLE.  We are getting the band back together! (but with a vastly improved JT and JB)

« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2021, 08:32:16 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Question...

The report rounded the wrong direction.  We’re signing Kanter to the minimum, which is a shade above $2.6 million for his level of experience, and it rounded up instead of down. We’re not using the MLE.

« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2021, 10:07:09 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
Question...

The report rounded the wrong direction.  We’re signing Kanter to the minimum, which is a shade above $2.6 million for his level of experience, and it rounded up instead of down. We’re not using the MLE.

Well [dang], I guess I can accept that haha

« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2021, 11:39:08 AM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17

Given the current roster construction, I can easily see them playing 2 bigs for 10-15mins per game.  Add in injuries and "rest days" and I could see kanter, rw3, and AH all averaging 18-24 mins/game.