Author Topic: Kanter Returns  (Read 11453 times)

Re: Kanter Returns
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2021, 12:28:29 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 538
https://twitter.com/dangercart/status/1422950359820083204?s=19

This organization may just be...bad?

Yeah... that doesn't paint our brain trust in the best light at all.
It's looking to me like Brad's short term goal is undo all the damage that Ainge did the past couple of seasons and not lock into any over-priced long term deals. Time will tell if he knows what he's doing.

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2021, 12:28:46 PM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I don't hate this.  Wonder if we're getting close to a TT deal then?
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

We dumped Barnes to clear money for Kemba, not Kanter. Then we dumped Kanter to get the full MLE, which we wasted on TT (that part sucks). We're getting a pick and players for TT, though, so that's hardly a dump, and then signing Kanter for way less than any of the other contracts listed there.

It's not a great look, but it's not as bad as Dangercart is trying to make it seem

Yeah, it’s about finances more than foolishness.  Ownership is the one setting the budget, not Danny / Brad.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2021, 12:29:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't hate this.  Wonder if we're getting close to a TT deal then?

Gotta wait two more days for it to be official.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2021, 12:30:02 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
$2.7 million. They got him cheap.

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

We dumped Barnes to clear money for Kemba, not Kanter. Then we dumped Kanter to get the full MLE, which we wasted on TT (that part sucks). We're getting a pick and players for TT, though, so that's hardly a dump, and then signing Kanter for way less than any of the other contracts listed there.

It's not a great look, but it's not as bad as Dangercart is trying to make it seem

Well I'm not sure the fact we had to pay to dump the guy who we signed by paying to dump Baymes makes things better... but mostly it's just a symptom of persistent incompetence wearing down your asset base

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2021, 12:31:54 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
What’s more surprising is Brad didn’t really play Enes when he was here. So why is he now bringing this guy back? These are perplexing moves.

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2021, 12:31:59 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald

Well I'm not sure the fact we had to pay to dump the guy who we signed by paying to dump Baymes makes things better... but mostly it's just a symptom of persistent incompetence wearing down your asset base
They dumped Baynes to clear space for Kemba.

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2021, 12:32:24 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

Yeah, it’s about finances more than foolishness.  Ownership is the one setting the budget, not Danny / Brad.

Ya to be clear I dont blame Brad for this, Aimge absolutely was kind of bad the last few years and I'm starting to think ownership may be cheap. That's not Brad's fault. But man, I'm tired of dumb signings. This is a vet min, so whatever, but it just sort of outlines the stupidity of the last few years.

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2021, 12:33:04 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Yesssss Stevens didn’t use him right
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2021, 12:33:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
What’s more surprising is Brad didn’t really play Enes when he was here. So why is he now bringing this guy back? These are perplexing moves.

To defend Embiid.

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2021, 12:33:52 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo

They dumped Baynes to clear space for Kemba.

Yes. Isnt that what I just said? The point is they are locked in a pay/dump contract cycle. This is fine, cuz it's the min, it just sorts of highlights thier past mistakes.

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2021, 12:35:39 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
Yesssss Stevens didn’t use him right
His type of player I think is obsolete under the current rules.  Greg Monroe also just signed for the minimum.  But I like the move because he's cheap and you know what you're getting from him night to night.

I'm sure Brad as coach came to appreciate that given what he's had on his bench the past couple of seasons. His ability to score points can only help.

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2021, 12:37:07 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
A rotation of Horford/Kanter/Timelord is pretty solid. Now we need a good power forward and a good PG. Maybe the TT deal solves one of that or even both. Is Fernando a center? Because if he is then the Kanter signing might mean he’s no longer coming over?

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2021, 12:38:18 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 121
I actually don't hate this.  I don't love it either, but I don't hate it... Which is more then I can say for most the moves so far.

Kanter certainly doesn't move any needles, but I was very concerned about the lack of insurance for Horford and Timelord (who are both high risk at this point) and was also worried about our rebounding with TT and Moses being dumped.  Kanter is a cheap addition who will address both of those concerns, so I'll put it down as a win.