Author Topic: First time I am worried  (Read 10469 times)

Re: First time I am worried
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2021, 05:15:07 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Guys are acting like we are a small market team, we are not.
Neither were the Knicks for the past 25 years.

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2021, 05:17:07 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
The alarm bells were going off for me when I heard Patty Mills signed with Brooklyn for two years 12 million.

Remember Udoka was Mills former coach, he signed with a franchise within reaching distance of Boston, so the location wasn’t an issue and he is exactly what the team needs. They also re-signed Boston native Bruce Brown Jr on a 1 year deal!

Brooklyn is a million miles from Boston.

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2021, 05:20:50 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
I can almost guarantee that as soon as Washington begin to lag in the standings or Beal looks upset, Warriors will be on the phone with their two recent pics, Wiseman, Wiggins and future 1sts.

Even if Beal’s preference is to play for Boston, after competing for a championship with Curry, a history of ownership spending well into the luxury tax and living in California…he will be staying.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2021, 05:22:37 PM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
Everyone just needs to take a chill pill.
Tatum and Brown are young superstars on great contracts. Throw Smart and Timelord in there as well, we just need to be patient.
Our team on paper doesn’t look half bad as it is. Horford, Timelord, JT, JB, Smart Rich are all high quality players. If Romeo, Nesmith and Prichard make the next step we will be contenders next year. And that is all without Brad making a single move.

I am pretty sure that Tatum will lead the league in scoring next year with Brown putting up better numbers than this year.
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2021, 05:24:48 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I agree that the "clear cap and keep things open to go after Beal next year" is a simple plan that doesn't seem to leave the team with a lot of great fallback options.

I disagree with the assumption that this is necessarily Brad's vision, though.

If either Tatum or ownership has made clear to Brad that being in play for Beal is a top priority, then Brad doesn't really have a choice.  He's outranked, in that case.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2021, 05:26:24 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
The alarm bells were going off for me when I heard Patty Mills signed with Brooklyn for two years 12 million.

Remember Udoka was Mills former coach, he signed with a franchise within reaching distance of Boston, so the location wasn’t an issue and he is exactly what the team needs. They also re-signed Boston native Bruce Brown Jr on a 1 year deal!

Brooklyn is a million miles from Boston.

Obviously I was exaggerating haha

I meant in relation to other NBA teams. I could understand if he didn’t want to live on the east coast or in such cold temperatures but for him to select the Nets over the Celtics is very telling.

Remember he will be behind Kyrie and Harden in their rotation, where Mills could have started for the Celtics in right matchups.

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2021, 05:27:44 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
As of now, we be fighting for a playoff berth..if Tatum or Brown goes down, we in the lottery
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2021, 05:29:36 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
just sell the darn team to somebody who wants to win...Tatum and Brown gonna leave.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2021, 05:30:28 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
The team is not going to be good next season.  To me sub .500 is a possibility though if Udoka is good, maybe he gets them to .500.  But they're not a contender for anything except a play in game.  On the other hand if Udoka stinks and clashes with a key player or 2, the lottery may be in play.

That's the thing though - I don't think they're going to be bad so long as they're healthy. If you have both Jays and a reasonable supporting cast there's really no reason to be any worse than in the 4/5 slot and the second round. Retain Fournier, get aggressive with the Thompson trade/exceptions, and you're a second/third round playoff team with a shot at the Finals if you catch the right break.

« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2021, 05:30:56 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 226
The good news is that we have two superstars in Tatum and Brown. The bad news is that it's only a matter of time before management realizes they are the McCollum and Lillard of forwards and can't possibly win a title together, and one is traded. Probably Brown.

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2021, 05:33:46 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
The good news is that we have two superstars in Tatum and Brown. The bad news is that it's only a matter of time before management realizes they are the McCollum and Lillard of forwards and can't possibly win a title together, and one is traded. Probably Brown.

Tatum and Brown are both 2way players. McCollum and Lillard are both one way players.

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2021, 06:00:34 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
As of now, we be fighting for a playoff berth..if Tatum or Brown goes down, we in the lottery

Exactly, not only has the Celtics talent regressed;

- Chicago has probably surpassed us
- Indiana under Carlisle will play to their ability
- Brooklyn, Milwaukee, Miami & Atlanta will all push further ahead.

That is just the East

Celtics will be fighting for a play-in-tournament yet again, with at best a swift 1st round exit in the playoffs. Wyc’s got to get that sweet, sweet playoff money.

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2021, 06:28:00 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Its funny how two weeks ago people were so upbeat and now its' all doom and gloom. Anyone who thought we were going to set the roster up to be competitive this year was fooling them selves.

Now a trade could come through between now and the deadline that changes things, you never know. But too many bad decisions by DA, some could have seen it, some who would have know, put us were we are now. Irving being a flaky deva, Kembas knee, and the J's being good faster than thuogh they would have been no one could see.

Irving and Kemba are self explanatory, But the J's hitting all star levels over the last two seasons, and being really good before that wasn't expected whent hey were drafted. It was suppose to be Haywards team, and at first with IT and Horford, but you get Irving and then Haywards injury, pushed the J's to have to be better, then with out the two major stars they go deep into the playoffs. This should have been the Vets team for a few years until the next contracts(now) and the keys would start getting handed off to them. But the kids took the keys and ran.

Handling Hayward last summer and not getting McBuckets and Turner was a bad move. They both would be better than a trade exception, and while Turner not the ideal center, worst case a decent trade chip for down the road.

Spending the trade exception last season was dumb too, desperate move for a nice player that didn't move the needle. They should have seen this team wasn't going to compete and held onto it and spent it on two or three players that could fill the bench.

A few years back we took over a store, I went in and started retraining and hiring. first day I knew two employees would need to be let go, hired two, train and fired the other two, and did that a couple more times over the next few weeks, then by the end of the month the store was cruzing.

This is were Stevens it at right now, cause the management made some mistakes, he has to clear things, strip it down and build with its strongest players. Coach was the beginning, we'll see how that works. Now going all in for FA next summer is a bold move, but right now it's the best one they have. If they got Ball for Smart, then we're sitting in a different position, but they didn't, so plan B. And you might be bad enough to get a lotto pic and do some thing on draft night, which give syou options.

How the team was even with Fournier wasn't going to do anything, and nothing we could get in addition would make us better than last year, not by a big margin anyways.  So why spend money and tie up cap and handcuff yourself next summer to be a middle of the road playoff team? One thing is Stevens has to make some deals we don't really win out on, get rid of DA's needing to win every trade stigma, so down the road we can get the deals we need.

Remember the last time we sucked with an allstar in a 22 win season, the following season was pretty dang good. Not saying it's going to happen, but sometimes you have to get bad to get good.

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »

Offline bogg

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 51
How the team was even with Fournier wasn't going to do anything, and nothing we could get in addition would make us better than last year, not by a big margin anyways. 

Don't necessarily agree. The Hawks went to the ECF this year and didn't even have to play against Giannis the whole time. The bar to advancing in the playoffs isn't as high as some are painting it out to be, but not being aggressive likely does cap them as a first-round team.

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2021, 06:55:31 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I think Beal will sign with Washington for another 4-5 years..they putting some good players around him with and I say he has control of who comes and goes
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin