Author Topic: Welcome Juhann Begarin  (Read 3678 times)

Re: Welcome Juhann Begarin
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 04:53:45 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Funny it didn't seem like Stevens on draft night was going to bring him over, I wonder whats changed? I mean , Im interested to see what he can do against stronger talent, but did a move fall through, or did one open up?

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 04:57:33 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Funny it didn't seem like Stevens on draft night was going to bring him over, I wonder whats changed? I mean , Im interested to see what he can do against stronger talent, but did a move fall through, or did one open up?

They’re bringing him to Summer League, not signing him to a deal.  Summer League requires his French team’s permission, so on draft night they obviously had not received it yet (as he was just drafted).

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 05:15:31 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

They’re bringing him to Summer League, not signing him to a deal.  Summer League requires his French team’s permission, so on draft night they obviously had not received it yet (as he was just drafted).

Maybe, but why not just say, "we need to get see if his team will let him participate, and we'll go from there" They did that with Yam. But the way things are going most likely just what you said.

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2021, 07:01:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
If he plays well enough who knows, the same is true of Yam.  Another young raw bench, oh boy, oh brother (channeling Tommy)

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
If he plays well enough who knows, the same is true of Yam.  Another young raw bench, oh boy, oh brother (channeling Tommy)

Tommy would call them the new Havlicek and Cousey!!!!

RIP Tommy!

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 08:35:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Impossible for me to evaluate his skill. All signs point to him being very raw. But he seems to compete hard. He shows a ton of intensity in those highlights too. Plus I love that he asked to play summer league. Shows he believes in himself and wants to prove himself. If that confidence and the passion he plays with indicates a strong work ethic I don’t think you can ask for much more for pick 45. Those guys are all lottery tickets.

If we get an 18 yo athletic freak that competes his ass off I’ll take that any day of the week in the 2nd round. Expecting nothing, but all good signs so far.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.