Author Topic: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021  (Read 180020 times)

Re: NBA trade rumors/FA signings 2021
« Reply #1335 on: September 21, 2021, 04:53:44 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There was a reason his agents hid him.   They certainly helped him getting drafted and his livelihood but people now know what Exum is and he so much less than one game in 2013 at the Nike Hoop Summit in Portland.  We understand why they live hid him

« Reply #1336 on: September 24, 2021, 07:07:41 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz
 today announced the team's 2021 training camp roster.

Memphis converted Yves Pons to a two-way contract and signed Shaq Buchanan and Sean McDermott. In addition, the Grizzlies waived Carsen Edwards and Daniel Oturu.

« Reply #1337 on: September 24, 2021, 07:52:43 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I’m never was a fan of Edwards but hope he can latch on with someone in camp..I alway said he was a oversea player
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1338 on: September 24, 2021, 10:08:55 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz

Memphis converted Yves Pons to a two-way contract and signed Shaq Buchanan and Sean McDermott. In addition, the Grizzlies waived Carsen Edwards and Daniel Oturu.
interesting that Oturu's already been kicked to the curb.  people were pretty high on this guy in that draft and thought he slipped too far to 33. 

« Reply #1339 on: September 24, 2021, 11:01:20 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz

interesting that Oturu's already been kicked to the curb.  people were pretty high on this guy in that draft and thought he slipped too far to 33.

I think Oturu would be eligible for a 2 way contract (I may misunderstand the limitations if so ignore everything that follows).  He may hook on with a team that can let him develop.  He has the size and athleticism to be an NBA play from the scouting reports.

« Reply #1340 on: September 24, 2021, 12:31:09 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz

I think Oturu would be eligible for a 2 way contract (I may misunderstand the limitations if so ignore everything that follows).  He may hook on with a team that can let him develop.  He has the size and athleticism to be an NBA play from the scouting reports.
type of player I would have liked to have seen us pick up in some manner for this season.

« Reply #1341 on: September 24, 2021, 12:37:45 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz

type of player I would have liked to have seen us pick up in some manner for this season.

Didn't we though?  Bruno Fernando is pretty much the same only a little bigger and has played a little more.  Bruno is probably at least a slightly better version of Oturu.

« Reply #1342 on: September 24, 2021, 12:42:59 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz

Didn't we though?  Bruno Fernando is pretty much the same only a little bigger and has played a little more.  Bruno is probably at least a slightly better version of Oturu.
is he?  Fernando looked ok in summer league.  not a world beater but someone that could be useful at the end of the bench.  Oturu could be better, could be worse, could be the same but would offer another bite at that Energetic PF apple we could really use.

« Reply #1343 on: September 24, 2021, 02:48:54 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Golden State sign Avery Bradley
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1344 on: September 24, 2021, 03:07:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I never understood how some draftniks, even many on this site and some who annually start the draft threads here, were drooling over Oturu. Kid seemed very limited to me. 2nd rounder seemed right to me.

Second rounders mostly never become anything and Memphis decided to drop him now. To me that speaks volumes about what he could become.

Carsen Edwards probably should have been cut by Boston after that first season. It was clear he would be nothing. But the C's kept him another year...probably because of the guaranteed money they gave him.

« Reply #1345 on: September 24, 2021, 03:10:30 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz

is he?  Fernando looked ok in summer league.  not a world beater but someone that could be useful at the end of the bench.  Oturu could be better, could be worse, could be the same but would offer another bite at that Energetic PF apple we could really use.

So far, statistically, Oturu has clearly not been better than Fernando.  In the future, who knows.  Oturu, age 22, was a pick 33 in 2020, Bruno, age 23, pick 34 in 2019.  Oturu 6'-8", 240 lbs, Bruno 6'-9", 240 lbs.  I could list more similarities but they are a lot alike, but so far, Bruno is a little better.  Bruno played almost 13 min/gm in 56 games including 13 starts in his rookie season (4.3 pts / 3.5 rebs, more than what we got from Grant Williams) for ATL but then played a lot less his second season.  The next season, ATL drafted a PF (Okongwu) in the first round and got Capela.  Bruno was odd man out.

True that Oturu could be a worthwhile end of the bench guy in the same way that I feel Bruno is.  I like Bruno.  He is a young athletic big, why not take a chance on him.  I think Bruno has more potential than say Semi or Grant.  But I don't think we need two of them at the end of the bench (actually 3 if you count Grant Williams).

« Reply #1346 on: September 24, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Grizzlies PR
@GrizzliesPR
The @memgrizz

So far, statistically, Oturu has clearly not been better than Fernando.  In the future, who knows.  Oturu, age 22, was a pick 33 in 2020, Bruno, age 23, pick 34 in 2019.  Oturu 6'-8", 240 lbs, Bruno 6'-9", 240 lbs.  I could list more similarities but they are a lot alike, but so far, Bruno is a little better.  Bruno played almost 13 min/gm in 56 games including 13 starts in his rookie season (4.3 pts / 3.5 rebs, more than what we got from Grant Williams) for ATL but then played a lot less his second season.  The next season, ATL drafted a PF (Okongwu) in the first round and got Capela.  Bruno was odd man out.

True that Oturu could be a worthwhile end of the bench guy in the same way that I feel Bruno is.  I like Bruno.  He is a young athletic big, why not take a chance on him.  I think Bruno has more potential than say Semi or Grant.  But I don't think we need two of them at the end of the bench (actually 3 if you count Grant Williams).
For all the crap Grant gets here, I would take him over Fernando and Oturu every day. He can pass. He can make threes. He plays good positional defense. He has a much, much higher BBIQ. And his blocks and steals on on the same level as Oturu.

« Reply #1347 on: September 24, 2021, 04:42:22 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
"Veteran Avery Bradley has agreed to a contract with Golden State, The Athletic's Shams Charania and Anthony Slater reported Friday, citing league sources."

« Reply #1348 on: September 24, 2021, 06:51:00 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

« Reply #1349 on: September 24, 2021, 09:53:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
"Veteran Avery Bradley has agreed to a contract with Golden State, The Athletic's Shams Charania and Anthony Slater reported Friday, citing league sources."

Cool for Bradley, but I was hoping that IT would get the position.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes