Author Topic: Catholic ads on Celticsstrong  (Read 28207 times)

Re: Catholic ads on Celticsstrong
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2021, 08:49:07 AM »

Offline mobilija

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 610
I keep getting the ad asking me if Im struggling with a **** addiction...I wonder why....

Then I love it when after that ad I get the one about helping the pesecuted priests, hilarious.

Im thinking of taking out and ad to "protect families from NRA and anti-gun regulation"

Edit: LOL at being censored writing P O R N but getting hit w ads about it
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 09:03:09 AM by mobilija »

« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2021, 09:17:03 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I keep getting the ad asking me if Im struggling with a **** addiction...I wonder why....

Then I love it when after that ad I get the one about helping the pesecuted priests, hilarious.

Im thinking of taking out and ad to "protect families from NRA and anti-gun regulation"

Edit: LOL at being censored writing P O R N but getting hit w ads about it
LOL, at first I thought you purposely censored yourself.  That this was automatic but we see the word in the ad is really hilarious.

Anyway, I personally don't struggle at all.  In fact, it's quite easy.  :laugh:

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2021, 09:03:54 PM »

Kiorrik

Update on removing the ad;

We're on 237 year old software and the server is set up so that it hard cached some files.

This means it's changed, but the server is playing dumb and serving old files.

So, sometimes ads not there, sometimes ads there.

OH WELL.

« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2022, 02:03:24 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Sorry to bring this topic up again, but isn't this a little too much considering our site guidelines? I realize many of the ads on this site over the last couple of years have crossed a line, and of course I could use an ad blocker, but it would be nice if this site's ads were a little more on topic. Literally no other site that I visit is this 'all-out'. I do understand that this is not the mods' doing - just figured I would try again.

« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2022, 02:05:12 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Sorry to bring this topic up again, but isn't this a little too much considering our site guidelines? I realize many of the ads on this site over the last couple of years have crossed a line, and of course I could use an ad blocker, but it would be nice if this site's ads were a little more on topic. Literally no other site that I visit is this 'all-out'. I do understand that this is not the mods' doing - just figured I would try again.

PM Byennie.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2022, 02:18:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Fully agree. 

Right now I just see some palm trees on the ad banner.  They're an advertisement for something, no doubt, but I have no idea what. 

I'm also seeing a Pedigree ad in the annoying pop-up in the lower left.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2022, 03:02:53 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
I've never paid attention to or even noticed the content of any of the ads on this site. Ads are a distraction to be ignored - clickbait.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2022, 04:08:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
Fully agree. 

Right now I just see some palm trees on the ad banner.  They're an advertisement for something, no doubt, but I have no idea what. 

I'm also seeing a Pedigree ad in the annoying pop-up in the lower left.

Yeah, I just got the palm trees on the right, but as I'm typing this, I'm actually seeing a different version of the one I just posted at the top (same text, different picture)...and, haha, a 3rd one just appeared right now. Okay, Quantum Fiber just appeared in its place, thankfully.

I am all for leaving ads on this site, and I would say they've generally gotten better than they were at their worst, but even 'ethical healthcare' sounds a little suspicious. Again, not trying to be a snarky jerk, just thought I'd mention this one specifically because of the content is against site rules and even encourages the signing of a petition.

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2022, 06:56:45 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
Getting lots of Pope v. President abortion ads on my phone.  Ads are for signing a petition.   I don’t pay attention but yeah it’s not what I’d prefer to see and I don’t like the idea I might in some way be reinforcing or supporting these ads.   Am I?

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2022, 07:04:07 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Getting lots of Pope v. President abortion ads on my phone.  Ads are for signing a petition.   I don’t pay attention but yeah it’s not what I’d prefer to see and I don’t like the idea I might in some way be reinforcing or supporting these ads.   Am I?

If you're not clicking on anything, I can't imagine you're reinforcing them.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2022, 08:17:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
weird thing.  my VPN had been shut off and all the ads mentioned here were all appearing in this thread.  I turned on the VPN and now none of them are appearing. 

that said, having 2 ads pop up that bring up this site's "forbidden topic" is more than too much to allow.  should be able to push back on who can advertise on here

« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2022, 10:26:16 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I just saw that ad everywhere.   The one looks like it was from Celebrity Deathmatch.

« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2022, 10:29:37 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
While the Celtics are winning, don't touch anything! LOL.

« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2022, 10:56:17 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
I just saw that ad everywhere.   The one looks like it was from Celebrity Deathmatch.

I mean, you gotta admit, it would be a pretty epic fight. Biden is 6 years younger and probably a bit more feisty, but the pope literally has god on his side. I'm taking bets now ;)

« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2022, 02:25:37 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Lol.  Does anybody else have an ad for breast implants pop up in the lower right while they're on their desktop.  I just saw that one for the first time, twice in a row.  "Gummy implants".  Sounds odd, but intriguing.  Lol.

Also saw a spectrum ad, and an ad advocating against government-run power grids.