Author Topic: Backup Point Langford?  (Read 2666 times)

Re: Backup Point Langford?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2021, 03:01:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think Langford is a long way off from having as complicated a role as backup point.

If he's still on the team, I would expect them to have him focus on defending, hitting spot up jumpers, and getting out in transition.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2021, 07:50:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I'm ready to trade Langford and TT for a cheaper back-up center.

Romeo Langford has shown me nothing other than an ability to get injured and a rare flash on defense.
Back-up 5? We've got Horford, TimeLord, Brown and TT currently. That's a lot of back-up 5s!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2021, 07:58:21 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73

Romeo Langford has shown me nothing other than an ability to get injured and a rare flash on defense.
Back-up 5? We've got Horford, TimeLord, Brown and TT currently. That's a lot of back-up 5s!

Hahaha. They are ALL back up 5's even though one of them is liable to start for us opening.

Also, we could add Taco and perhaps Kornet and Grant W too!! We are cornering the market on backup 5's!!

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2021, 08:14:09 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

That about sums it up for me...

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2021, 08:17:56 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Not going to lose any sleep over Langford, but it'd be nice to see him having a full Summer to finally work on his game and participate on team workouts. I think he's a talented young man, but we'll see where things go. If he has to be "thrown-in" to make a trade work, so be it. I'm not sure if a cheaper back-up center is what I'd want in return though... nor what we need.

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2021, 08:24:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Romeo is going to be a really good player in the NBA.  Hopefully for the Celtics.  He had two snake bitten seasons.  Kid is a ball player.  Surprised how others are not seeing this.  Look at how well he played vs Nets, finally healthy, and given playing time. He was arguably our second best player.

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2021, 09:14:14 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91
Romeo is going to be a really good player in the NBA.  Hopefully for the Celtics.  He had two snake bitten seasons.  Kid is a ball player.  Surprised how others are not seeing this.  Look at how well he played vs Nets, finally healthy, and given playing time. He was arguably our second best player.

Well, IF he was the 2nd best player, it’s due to all the injuries ahead of him, but he definitely looks like a player.

Too many people make quick decisions and are then never open to changing them at the risk of being wrong. Romeo’s trending up.

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2021, 09:15:54 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Na', second best was Smart or Fournier. Then I'd give the nudge, on limited minutes, to Jabari.