Author Topic: Zion's Family Wants him Out of New Orleans  (Read 9445 times)

Zion's Family Wants him Out of New Orleans
« on: June 17, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Re: Zion's Family Wants him Out of New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2021, 01:13:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
If Zion was proactive, he would force his way out now. All the warning signs are there. He has a terrible GM who is running that team and harming Zion's career. Get out now. Don't wait 6-8 years before making the call. Do it now!

Unfortunately, few players are brave enough to withstand the negative fallout from such proactive decisions.

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2021, 01:16:16 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
If Zion was proactive, he would force his way out now. All the warning signs are there. He has a terrible GM who is running that team and harming Zion's career. Get out now. Don't wait 6-8 years before making the call. Do it now!

Unfortunately, few players are brave enough to withstand the negative fallout from such proactive decisions.
Is this supposed to be ironic? That sounds terrible for the NBA.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2021, 01:21:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm not sure the GM is bad, but some of his moves definitely did not work.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2021, 01:21:28 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Good for the players. Good for the Fans. An added difficulty for owners.

Force owners to hire competent front office personnel and hold them accountable when they do not -- like every other business owner in the world is.

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 01:24:16 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

Force owners to hire competent front office personnel and hold them accountable when they do not -- like every other business owner in the world is.
Players forcing their way to big markets is good for the fans? Nah, I don't think so. Also it's absurd to call their GM bad after less than two years.

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 01:25:36 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Couldn't read the article but I'll guess his rumored destinations are LA, NY and MIA haha. Boston's prob on top of the "don't want to go" list

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2021, 01:26:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
this is ridiculous on so many levels...it has to stop....having said that, I find it kind of hilarious that these players are out of control. Actually they are in control. Owners, Governors, or whatever you want to call them have been reduced to helpless sycophants.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2021, 01:27:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Couldn't read the article but I'll guess his rumored destinations are LA, NY and MIA haha. Boston's prob on top of the "don't want to go" list

The game will be destroyed....just please please stay out of soccer.

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2021, 01:28:01 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Players forcing their way to big markets is good for the fans? Nah, I don't think so. Also it's absurd to call their GM bad after less than two years.

Yes, absolutely = Good for fans.

There will be some pain but much better to have short lasting pain than long lasting chronic pain. Better to deal with the loss of a star than have bad management ruin your team for 6-8 years and then oftentimes lose the star anyway because of it.

Better to get the bad over and done with. Move on.

And of course, this is fixable for New Orleans. Just fire the GM and keep Zion. You don't have to lose the star. You only lose the star by supporting an incompetent front office / coaching staff over the welfare of the players.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2021, 01:28:52 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
They should sell that franchise and then move it.

That said, if young star players are going to start forcing their way out before their rookie deals are even up, the NBA is in a very precarious spot.

Why should small market teams feel that they will ever be able to obtain and hold onto young star players?

Does the NBA care? 

Is Silver's vision of the NBA a league where ~20 small market teams spend up to the 90% of the cap on middle of the road players and compete to win about half their games, while the other 8-10 teams in bigger markets horde all the stars and aim to win meaningful games in the post-season?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2021, 01:31:15 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
They should sell that franchise and then move it.
Man, I wouldn't do that. New Orleans would be #2 on my most attractive cities to live in behind Miami out of NBA cities.

New Orleans can become a free agent destination. Small market - big market = no, too simplistic. Great weather, fun city, interesting culture. Lots of music. Nightlife. New Orleans has lots going for it. It is one of the best / most attractive small markets out there (particularly for young rich famous athletes).

They (the team, the franchise) just need to stop self-harming and that starts with hiring a competent front office.

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2021, 01:31:26 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

There will be some pain but much better to have short lasting pain than long lasting chronic pain. Better to deal with the loss of a star than have bad management ruin your team for 6-8 years and then oftentimes lose the star anyway because of it.

And of course, this is fixable for New Orleans. Just fire the GM and keep Zion. You don't have to lose the star. You only lose the star by supporting an incompetent front office / coaching staff over the welfare of the players.

The player’s family running the team has to take the cake...lol where is my popcorn.

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2021, 01:33:06 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker

How are they bad management? You never actually explained that part. Also I see you crossed out "big markets". Do you think that somehow counters the point? Your vision of the NBA is frankly trash to me, and would probably make me stop watching. Tatum should just force his way out of Boston and call it a day at this point.

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2021, 01:33:54 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
What’s incompetent about David Griffin?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes