Author Topic: Shams: CP3 in Covid-19 Protocol. Out Indefinitely.  (Read 3215 times)

Re: Shams: CP3 in Covid-19 Protocol. Out Indefinitely.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 11:53:03 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
If he is not vaccinated, I don't feel bad at all and frankly it seems like karma.  Serves him right for not getting the shot. 

If he is vaccinated, it is a terrible break and just another in a long line of missed time from great players (and players in general) this year.

Pretty much this.

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 12:05:26 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
According to Jalen Rose CP3 is vaccinated. It could be a case of breakthrough Covid if he has indeed tested positive.

https://twitter.com/jtylerconway/status/1405174092383375363

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2021, 12:22:21 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
According to Jalen Rose CP3 is vaccinated. It could be a case of breakthrough Covid if he has indeed tested positive.

what’s the data on breakthrough? most of what i’ve seen is data showing substantially decreased hospitalizations deaths and/or symptoms

i haven’t seen how much it prevents you from getting it, anyone have reliable info?

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2021, 12:28:42 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

what’s the data on breakthrough? most of what i’ve seen is data showing substantially decreased hospitalizations deaths and/or symptoms

i haven’t seen how much it prevents you from getting it, anyone have reliable info?

You can certainly test positive if vaccinated, but very likely won't get sick and are probably not infectious to others. It sounds to me like the NBA hasn't updated their covid protocols to reflect updated covid information and CDC recommendations. If  someone has been fully vaccinated and its been more than 2 weeks since they received their second shot, chances  of them infecting others around them are extremely low to nearly impossible. Even if you have the virus, your immune system once vaccinated keeps it at a low enough level in your body that it's really unlikely that you infect others.

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2021, 12:29:02 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Depends on the vaccine.  It seems the J&J vaccine is less good at preventing infection than the other two (see the outbreak on the Yankees as a good case study) although it does a good job of mitigating symptoms.

If he has it and is vaccinated, it’s highly unlikely he’ll have significant symptoms, and would be able to return to team activities pretty quickly, and might not even miss a game.

It will be curious if the rest of the Suns players are also vaccinated, and if they have a cluster, like the Yankees did, of asymptomatic cases.

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2021, 12:43:10 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
CP3's bad luck is just unreal.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2021, 01:39:29 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Put an N95 on him and let him play.

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2021, 01:56:58 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
As if the huge number of injury altered playoff series were not bad enough ...

Nine all stars on playoff teams have missed at least one game due to injury already. Crushes the previous record. What a cursed year.

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2021, 01:58:15 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I hope the dude is vaccinated.  I wouldn’t want to see him miss out on the pinnacle of his career because he made a stupid decision not to receive medical treatment.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2021, 05:26:29 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
I hope the dude is vaccinated.  I wouldn’t want to see him miss out on the pinnacle of his career because he made a stupid decision not to receive medical treatment.

https://twitter.com/gambo987/status/1405182955752878092?s=21

My understanding is Chris Paul was vaccinated along with several other players back in February at the Fairgrounds.

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2021, 06:25:17 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

https://twitter.com/gambo987/status/1405182955752878092?s=21

My understanding is Chris Paul was vaccinated along with several other players back in February at the Fairgrounds.

Good.  Hopefully he makes a quick recovery.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2021, 06:50:04 PM »

Kiorrik

After vaccination (depending on which vaccine) you're 40-60% less likely to spread the virus.

Source article (which has a link to the research) https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/mounting-evidence-suggests-covid-vaccines-do-reduc

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2021, 07:38:04 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Heck, the winner of last couple of “COVID-19” seasons, this season included; should get an asterisk.

Hard to tell who the best team really is with the plethora of injuries or/and suspensions due to COVID-19 protocols.

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2021, 08:51:13 PM »

Offline JLssg4

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 4
I urge some of you to reflect a bit on what you've posted here.  Seems a little bit inappropriate to be predicating your (emotional) response to this news on whether he got a shot or not.  Hopefully this is just a false positive (though somewhat unlikely with new cycle counts being limited to 28), or he gets through it with no complications. 

If an experimental cancer treatment came out, would you say someone that succumbed without partaking (before the treatment was tested by time) deserved it?  A few years down the road you'll have this learning experience naturally...think of this as an opportunity for a head-start.

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2021, 06:28:04 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Depends on the vaccine.  It seems the J&J vaccine is less good at preventing infection than the other two (see the outbreak on the Yankees as a good case study) although it does a good job of mitigating symptoms.

If he has it and is vaccinated, it’s highly unlikely he’ll have significant symptoms, and would be able to return to team activities pretty quickly, and might not even miss a game.

It will be curious if the rest of the Suns players are also vaccinated, and if they have a cluster, like the Yankees did, of asymptomatic cases.

Just to touch on this briefly, the ONS (UK office for National Statistics) just published findings on this (excuse the insane URL):
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/conditionsanddiseases/articles/coronaviruscovid19infectionsurveytechnicalarticleanalysisofpositivityaftervaccination/june2021

We don't have the J&J vaccine here in large numbers yet, which is why it isn't included.

The big takeaways:

• Only 0.5% of those sampled who had had a first dose of vaccine later tested positive for coronavirus 0.8% for those having the Pfizer vaccine and 0.3% for the AstraZeneca vaccine. After having had a second dose of vaccine, only 0.1% tested positive (with Pfizer and AstraZeneca both on 0.1%).
  • The risk of a new infection after vaccination was “highest during the first 21 days after the first vaccination”. After that the risk “strongly decreased”.
  • People who did get infected after a vaccination were “less likely to have symptoms and less likely to have a high viral load” than other infected people.
  • The risk of testing positive after a vaccination was higher for people under 40, for people working in patient-facing healthcare roles and in care homes, for people in larger households, and for people in poorer areas.

The raw figures show the risk of infection actually going up after the first vaccination, “peaking at around 16 days, followed by a strong decrease to around one month”. But the ONS offers a few possible explanations, including:

People being infected before having their first vaccination but not realising it;
exposure to Covid-19 at vaccination centres;
change in behaviour following vaccination;
prompts to get vaccinated because of knowledge of individuals around them testing positive.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.