4 (2.7%)
Someone else but not Mark Jackson or Jason Kidd
35 (23.6%)
Kara Lawson
12 (8.1%)
Rondo
8 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 147

Author Topic: Who's the New coach!  (Read 68479 times)

Re: Who's the New coach!
« Reply #405 on: June 17, 2021, 02:41:31 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
"If you're a Celtics fan who loved the 2008 championship season - you're gonna wake up to quite the treat tomorrow 👀"

Still waiting.....

Lol, I just came here to see if there was any breaking news, as I'm listening to the Felger and Mazz radio show. They were just laughing and talking about how Felger's wife just tweeted that she was talking to a friend of one of the players on the team, and that Sam Cassell will be named the Celtic's head coach.

« Reply #406 on: June 17, 2021, 03:10:09 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I still want Chauncy as HC, but think ownership will want to avoid blowback on his hire, and will probably go with Cassell. 

« Reply #407 on: June 17, 2021, 04:26:38 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
"If you're a Celtics fan who loved the 2008 championship season - you're gonna wake up to quite the treat tomorrow 👀"

Still waiting.....

Lol, I just came here to see if there was any breaking news, as I'm listening to the Felger and Mazz radio show. They were just laughing and talking about how Felger's wife just tweeted that she was talking to a friend of one of the players on the team, and that Sam Cassell will be named the Celtic's head coach.

Sixers are still playing, so did the Celtics even get permission to interview him yet? All this talk about a hire when an interview probably hasn't happened yet.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #408 on: June 17, 2021, 04:49:42 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

Still waiting.....

Sixers are still playing, so did the Celtics even get permission to interview him yet? All this talk about a hire when an interview probably hasn't happened yet.

Are they talking to him tomorrow night?

« Reply #409 on: June 17, 2021, 04:59:18 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
I'm fine with Sam Cassell...He knows how to Win in this league.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #410 on: June 17, 2021, 05:27:24 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Still waiting.....

Are they talking to him tomorrow night?

Is that a prediction?

« Reply #411 on: June 17, 2021, 06:46:24 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Marc D’Amico is saying that if u like the 2008 championship team, u will love this next coach.. so does he know something? Sam Cassell is likely the new coach

Don't think he said "next coach" in the tweet I saw. I thought more about KG or PP coming back in some capacity.

« Reply #412 on: June 17, 2021, 07:30:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Marc D’Amico is saying that if u like the 2008 championship team, u will love this next coach.. so does he know something? Sam Cassell is likely the new coach

Don't think he said "next coach" in the tweet I saw. I thought more about KG or PP coming back in some capacity.

He’s in charge of Celtics Twitter.  He was trolling up interest for some video about Ubuntu. 

But, in other 2008 Celtics news:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/06/15/paul-pierce-marijuana-business-the-truth-strand-edibles-hub-craft-celtics-nba/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #413 on: June 17, 2021, 07:31:54 PM »

Offline Stig

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 26
Rick Carlisle just resigned, should he be on the list?

« Reply #414 on: June 17, 2021, 07:39:36 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Mavericks were concerned about tension between Luka Doncic and Rick Carlisle

The tension between Carlisle and 22-year-old superstar Luka Doncic had increasingly become concerning within the Mavs organization, sources said. Doncic showed up Carlisle several times this season, such as making animated gestures on the court when he disagreed with a decision or yelling at Carlisle in front of assistant coaches and teammates. – via Adrian Wojnarowski, Tim MacMahon @ ESPN

« Reply #415 on: June 17, 2021, 07:44:53 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

The tension between Carlisle and 22-year-old superstar Luka Doncic had increasingly become concerning within the Mavs organization, sources said. Doncic showed up Carlisle several times this season, such as making animated gestures on the court when he disagreed with a decision or yelling at Carlisle in front of assistant coaches and teammates. – via Adrian Wojnarowski, Tim MacMahon @ ESPN

Sounds like a Luka problem, not that there’s ever accountability for stars.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #416 on: June 17, 2021, 07:56:41 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

Remember when Rondo showed up Carlisle?

« Reply #417 on: June 17, 2021, 08:11:02 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25
What are your thoughts on Jacque Vaughn?

« Reply #418 on: June 17, 2021, 08:12:33 PM »

Kiorrik

Remember when Rondo showed up Carlisle?

Would be kinda vindicating if Rondo was right :')

Imagine if that's the case. Rondo just actually being right all those times he's fought people hahaha

« Reply #419 on: June 17, 2021, 08:32:22 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
What are your thoughts on Jacque Vaughn?

Great player at KU, mediocre NBA player, quite unsuccessful NBA coach.

Career 28.8% winning percentage; .000% playoffs winning percentage