Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2021  (Read 313367 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2021
« Reply #2070 on: June 17, 2021, 08:51:23 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Alvan Adams another guy who had his best year as a rookie and then (roughly speaking) maintained his performance steadily throughout his career without major growth. He did not have as much physical gifts as Simmons but he was a plus athlete in his own right.

Interesting parallel between the two -- neither were scorers. Neither guy was comfortable being a shot-creator. Both players were facilitators. They wanted to share the ball and play team basketball. Not be an individual shot-creator.

Alvan Adams was an undersized center who played in the high post which is actually the role I see Ben Simmons as best suited for. Either as the undersized center or as an interior four next to a stretch five where Simmons is the only interior big. Where Simmons is used as a facilitator of halfcourt offense rather than the creator of the halfcourt offense. And an opportunistic scorer / post threat. Adams had a very good 15-18 foot jump-shot to go along with his passing.

Simmons needs a little 10-12 footer and a decent free throw %.

Okafor and tyreke Evan’s were best as rookies. I was actually once viscously insulted on this board for saying Okafor was garbage and would never produce those stats again. Lol fun times.

On this site? Never...  :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2021, 09:10:32 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2071 on: June 17, 2021, 09:08:29 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Bucks are actually going to Lopez in the post and attacking the rim often. Guess the coach finally figured out that he has a huge advantage down low.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #2072 on: June 17, 2021, 09:09:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Bucks are actually going to Lopez in the post and attacking the rim often. Guess the coach finally figured out that he has a huge advantage down low.

It only took them 6 games to figure it out

« Reply #2073 on: June 17, 2021, 09:10:23 PM »

Kiorrik

Even Giannis isn't settling for 3s! This is good!

I think Harden is the one player in the game that I like the least but - honestly, it's sad seeing someone get a steal and be unable to run for a fast break at all. Maybe it's because I've played with injuries like that or something but it's kinda heartbreaking.

« Reply #2074 on: June 17, 2021, 09:12:15 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

lol....may be too late.

« Reply #2075 on: June 17, 2021, 09:14:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Finally looks like Giannis is pacing himself and not playing possessed from the jump ball.

« Reply #2076 on: June 17, 2021, 09:20:13 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Pat Connaughton takes some bad shots
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2077 on: June 17, 2021, 09:20:53 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Better late than never, I suppose..lol

« Reply #2078 on: June 17, 2021, 09:25:35 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

I think Harden is the one player in the game that I like the least but - honestly, it's sad seeing someone get a steal and be unable to run for a fast break at all. Maybe it's because I've played with injuries like that or something but it's kinda heartbreaking.

I never liked watching Harden, but I didn’t have a problem with him until he forced his way out of Houston. The intentional weight gain, sabotaging games and then telling the media in the postgame interview that his teammates just aren’t good enough. It was completely disgraceful.

« Reply #2079 on: June 17, 2021, 09:29:13 PM »

Kiorrik

I never liked watching Harden, but I didn’t have a problem with him until he forced his way out of Houston. The intentional weight gain, sabotaging games and then telling the media in the postgame interview that his teammates just aren’t good enough. It was completely disgraceful.

Same.

Still does me in, seeing someone play while hurt. Dude it's such a crap feeling, to play like that. Knowing you can school these fools, but you can't.

« Reply #2080 on: June 17, 2021, 09:31:28 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
This game looks like a old school 80s playoff game a lot of points in the paint.

« Reply #2081 on: June 17, 2021, 09:33:09 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Harden is warming up

« Reply #2082 on: June 17, 2021, 09:39:52 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Same.

Still does me in, seeing someone play while hurt. Dude it's such a crap feeling, to play like that. Knowing you can school these fools, but you can't.

Yeah, I get that. Definitely feel for certain players when they are giving it their all, but are just so dinged up. Donovan Mitchell is a prime example. James Harden, though... nah.

« Reply #2083 on: June 17, 2021, 09:46:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
I like PJ Tucker. He’s fiery and his defense is still really solid considering he’s 35 years old.

« Reply #2084 on: June 17, 2021, 09:53:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
You know the NBA wants a game 7