Author Topic: Dump Deadweight & Add Championship Pieces  (Read 2818 times)

Dump Deadweight & Add Championship Pieces
« on: May 11, 2021, 10:37:33 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Would love to see us drop our deadweight and move most of our guys with just one year left. In addition, I’ve got a feeling our big move is going to be Beal demanding a trade to Boston (and Russ will negotiate his way out of Washington, too). Given that our off-season is upon us, here is my hope:

https://tradenba.com/trades/e-jXzT1vf

Pritchard/Madar
Beal/Langford
Brown/Nesmith
Tatum/Parker
Wiseman/Green

Now THAT is a Big 3 that can hang with the Nets.

My dream would be the above PLUS winning the lottery to add Cade Cunningham as our next PG. Add some ring-chasing vets at the minimum for depth, alongside a couple reclamation projects like Dante Exum and Dragan Bender, and we are good to go.

Thoughts?

Re: Dump Deadweight & Add Championship Pieces
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2021, 10:44:01 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Thoughts?

Why do the other GM’s agree? Are we talking blackmail, ransom, or extreme intoxication?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2021, 10:46:28 AM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Thoughts?

Why do the other GM’s agree? Are we talking blackmail, ransom, or extreme intoxication?

That is exactly what we are taking about, Roy.

Perhaps in a different order, I was hoping "extreme intoxication" as the first option in advance of the illegal stuff.

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2021, 10:47:37 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Thoughts?

Wizards are getting almost nothing once Beal demands a trade to Boston to be with Tatum. They would be lucky to get Kemba and Timelord, frankly.

In terms of the Warriors, Draymond is not what he used to be and there’s a feeling that Wiseman might be toast. This is a risky trade for us considering we know exactly what we would be getting in a contract year for Smart and TT (high play, solid defense). But it’s worth the risk because if Wiseman bounces back, we’ve got a potential all-star center on the books, and our team desperately needs a champion mouthpiece like Dray. The Warriors need a change, as do we, plus we get to feel good about sending Smart/TT to one of the best franchises in the league.

The trade shows net gains of zero wins for all three teams, so this seems reasonable.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2021, 10:52:35 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Thoughts?

Perhaps in a different order, I was hoping "extreme intoxication" as the first option in advance of the illegal stuff.

I don’t know if hard liquor will do the job. Marijuana laced with methamphetamine? Or just stick to opiates / benzos?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2021, 10:54:10 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Thoughts?

I don’t know if hard liquor will do the job. Marijuana laced with methamphetamine? Or just stick to opiates / benzos?

D: All of the above.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 10:55:45 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Wizards not trading Beal.. Warriors May trade Wiseman if it’s the right deal for them
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2021, 10:57:25 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Thoughts?

Ah.  The choice most often selected by my clients. Followed quickly by “You have to keep me out of jail. I have kids to support”.

Sorry to derail the thread.  It was my shorthand of saying that I don’t think it’s realistic to land a star player and a number one overall pick for our leftovers.

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 12:03:08 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
The Wizards might trade Beal...for Brown, not Kemba. At this point, I think this team needs a shake up so JB for Beal straight up works. You get a top 15 player and JT’s BFF. Sucks to lose Brown. I love that guy.

Then turnaround and see what you can do with Kemba/Smart/TT. Maybe you can convince GS to give up Draymond etc. the team needs some vet leader with fire.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 12:42:46 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Thoughts?

Ah.  The choice most often selected by my clients. Followed quickly by “You have to keep me out of jail. I have kids to support”.

Sorry to derail the thread.  It was my shorthand of saying that I don’t think it’s realistic to land a star player and a number one overall pick for our leftovers.

A distinguished cocktail for distinguished behaviour.

In full agreement with your assessment. Unless we get very lucky I'm not sure we can move our 'inessential' pieces for players of value. I also think swapping out Jaylen & Smart for Beal and other pieces is a lateral move at best, but my assessment may not be based in reality.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2021, 12:56:56 PM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Yeah, if trading Kemba we'd have to take back ugly salary...like maybe Kemba, Smart and a pick/youth gets you Westbrook

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2021, 12:57:51 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
You know that Wiseman was pretty terrible in his rookie season, right?  He's not likely to help anyone win a championship next season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2021, 01:02:50 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
You know that Wiseman was pretty terrible in his rookie season, right?  He's not likely to help anyone win a championship next season.
Terrible?  He averaged 11.5/6 in 21 mpg.  Per 36 that is basically 19/10.  Even kept teams honest by shooting a 3 a game (hitting 31.6%).  As a 19 year old rookie big man.  It is no secret big men aren't as ready as guards (the physical strain is just different), and he still put up pretty respectable numbers.  I'd expect him to take a fairly big jump next year as big men often do from year to year when they are first starting out.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2021, 01:15:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Terrible?  He averaged 11.5/6 in 21 mpg.  Per 36 that is basically 19/10.  Even kept teams honest by shooting a 3 a game (hitting 31.6%).  As a 19 year old rookie big man.  It is no secret big men aren't as ready as guards (the physical strain is just different), and he still put up pretty respectable numbers.  I'd expect him to take a fairly big jump next year as big men often do from year to year when they are first starting out.

For a big man on a team with a winning record to average .042 WS per 48 is pretty awful.  That's a stat that's skewed toward bigs.

For comparison, Rob Williams in his rookie season averaged .201 WS per 48.

This isn't to say that Wiseman is a bad player or won't eventually be really valuable.  He's just a long way off.  In his rookie season he was a high usage big who averaged way more turnovers than assists, was a mediocre rebounder, and had basically a league average TS% despite being 7 feet tall and being a really excellent interior finisher.

Wiseman just took way too many shots outside of the paint despite not being very good at it, and had a poor assist to turnover ratio.  Those are pretty normal flaws for a high lottery pick rookie.  It's not a condemnation of Wiseman as a prospect at all.  But it does suggest he's gonna take time before he's really helping a team win.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2021, 01:48:27 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Of 304 players who played as many minutes as Wiseman, 538's Raptor had him ranked 302 with an overall RAPTOR of -8.3.