Author Topic: Shams: Jaylen out for Season (Torn Ligament in Wrist)  (Read 12994 times)

Re: Shams: Jaylen out for Season (Torn Ligament in Wrist)
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2021, 06:42:29 PM »

Offline CF033

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2021, 06:54:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I think this injury was from a couple of falls in earlier games. And was seemingly holding his wrist on several occasions when he hit the floor. The bump with Tatum was probably the straw that broke the camel's back, so to say.

Get well soon JB and then prepare for next year, because we know it'll be your best season yet.

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2021, 06:56:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Rest everybody.  Season is over.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2021, 06:57:12 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Let's just hope he's healthy for next season. I obviously will root for the Celtics every time they play, but a large part of me recognizes that the sooner this season ends the better.

We need a big overhaul.

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2021, 06:59:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
I think this injury was from a couple of falls in earlier games. And was seemingly holding his wrist on several occasions when he hit the floor. The bump with Tatum was probably the straw that broke the camel's back, so to say.

Get well soon JB and then prepare for next year, because we know it'll be your best season yet.

I've been screaming about the refs not protecting Jaylen all year, maybe a couple of years. He just gets the crap knocked out of him. The refs are supposed to protect the starS!!!!

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2021, 07:05:27 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

I've been screaming about the refs not protecting Jaylen all year, maybe a couple of years. He just gets the crap knocked out of him. The refs are supposed to protect the starS!!!!

Careful or the NBA will fine you $50k for complaining about officiating.

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2021, 07:05:32 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
Yep, hang em up till next year.
We are so much better than we were this snake bit season.
Easier to swallow given the seasons league wide weirdness. (Lakers and heat as 6-7 seeds?!)

But good things came out of it.
Timelord is good!
The rookies can play!

Now tank out and add a draft pick asset.
This off season is about loosing dead weight, adding some solid vets and resigning EF.

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2021, 07:06:11 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
It may explain why these guys played with no passion lately. They just want this season to end.

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2021, 07:10:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You and me both my friend. Have a TP.

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2021, 07:10:49 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Rest everybody.  Season is over.

Eh. I'm sure I'm going to get killed for saying this, but I don't feel like losing Jaylen is a huge gut punch. Yes, it sucks to lose him and I hope he has a speedy recovery, but I think a healthy Fournier helps replace some of Jaylen's scoring. On the other end, Jaylen has regressed defensively so it's not like we're losing a stalwart there. If Nesmith can keep up his play, we have better depth at the wing than we started the season with.

I still think this team survives the play-in.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2021, 07:14:04 PM »

Kiorrik

Same. Upsetting. Not surprising.

Bah.

« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2021, 07:15:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Apparently this is a pretty serious wrist injury:

https://news.hss.edu/novel-surgery-relieves-pain-and-restores-function-in-patients-with-common-wrist-injury/

It's common, but it also seems to routinely lead to arthritis and other negative symptoms.  Of course, JB isn't a mere mortal like the rest of us, so he'll get whatever is on the cutting edge of techniques.

Honestly, he should look into getting the procedure done by Dr. Wolfe himself. At the very least, he should have the surgery at HSS with team doctors observing.

Yeah, I’m no expert in these things, but they’re a world class facility.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2021, 07:15:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I guess at least the play-in games and any potential playoff games will give us a good look at Fournier and Nesmith, which should help us decide what to do this offseason.

I expect Rob Williams to sit out too. No reason to risk his long term health when we have no chance of competing in the postseason.

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2021, 07:16:04 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

You too!

TP

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Same. Upsetting. Not surprising.

Bah.

TP