Author Topic: If We Lose Out…  (Read 1753 times)

If We Lose Out…
« on: May 09, 2021, 07:51:13 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
If we lose all of our remaining games and flunk out of the play-in, what is the best lottery position we can get and what would be the associated odds of getting the first or second overall pick?

This season is a wrap, folks. Let’s try to add Cade Cunningham or Evan Mobley, even if it is a remote possibility…

Re: If We Lose Out…
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 07:58:00 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
If we lose all of our remaining games and flunk out of the play-in, what is the best lottery position we can get and what would be the associated odds of getting the first or second overall pick?

This season is a wrap, folks. Let’s try to add Cade Cunningham or Evan Mobley, even if it is a remote possibility…

Watch it be another mid teens pick

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 08:05:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Without calculating who is matched up with who, I think the worst we can do is tie for 11th best odds.  That would give us about an 8% chance of moving into the top four.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 11:02:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Yeah we're not getting a top 5 pick.

Is another pick from the 11-15 range going to make a real difference?  It could, but only if Danny doesn't take another project who might be ready for regular minutes a couple years from now.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2021, 02:51:36 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Yeah we're not getting a top 5 pick.

Is another pick from the 11-15 range going to make a real difference?  It could, but only if Danny doesn't take another project who might be ready for regular minutes a couple years from now.

Without seeing mock drafts, I wouldn’t be surprised if DA picked an undersized big with a great personality or an undersized guard with high energy. Regardless of where we’re picking.
- LilRip

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2021, 06:53:13 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
If?  The way this team is playing, that's probably more like, "when".

"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."