Author Topic: Drummond?  (Read 12548 times)

Re: Drummond?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2021, 11:14:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I think it’d be a great get if we land Drummond. Your team stinks if he’s your best or even 2nd best player. He’ll be our team’s 4th or 5th best player.

His talent level is high but it’s his focus that’s been his problem.

He could be a good fit here. I won’t hate it, I just hope he doesn’t take minutes from Timelord. If he takes TT’s totally fine.

The pitch is this. Andre its you and timelord will split the minutes and Tristan gets third string minutes.

Not sure why anyone cares about Thompsons minutes

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2021, 11:18:11 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I think it’d be a great get if we land Drummond. Your team stinks if he’s your best or even 2nd best player. He’ll be our team’s 4th or 5th best player.

He could be a good fit here. I won’t hate it, I just hope he doesn’t take minutes from Timelord. If he takes TT’s totally fine.

The pitch is this. Andre its you and timelord will split the minutes and Tristan gets third string minutes.

Can players bought out after the trade deadline appear in the playoffs?

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2021, 11:28:45 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Can players bought out after the trade deadline appear in the playoffs?
Yes.  April 9 is the deadline to be bought out for playoff eligibility. 

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2021, 12:11:31 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Idk if Brad Stevens want him since he can't shoot 3's lol

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2021, 12:13:59 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Granting he chooses us, is there even a possibility of resigning him next year? I mean if it’s a rental then it won’t make sense for Drummond because we’re not really in championship contention at the moment?

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2021, 01:21:25 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I don't think there's much of a difference between TT and Drummond, I'd much rather have Otto Porter Jr from the buyout market.

Is Porter getting bought out?

I think there’s a very large difference between Thompson and Drummond.  I don’t think that he’ll pick us though.

For reference:

https://stathead.com/basketball/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&player_id1=thomptr01&p1yrfrom=2021&player_id2=drumman01&p2yrfrom=2021
Yeah there are some solid rumours out there saying that he'll be bought out.

I meant different as to what they'll bring to the team. Drummond's inefficient volume scoring and high-cost passing (he racks up assists by being a ballhandler instead of being a low time of touch high post guy like Robert) doesn't scale well next to our guys, and the only notable advantages he has over TT are defensive rebounding and blocking shots at the cost of defensive versatility at the perimeter on our team.

Does that mean Drummond's a bad player? No, in fact he's probably better than TT even in such a role, but the difference isn't as big as their box stats indicate and I'm not willing to sacrifice a shot at getting a wing who can start for us to acquire a slight upgrade on our backup C.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2021, 01:35:00 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Significant talent on the cheap = Good

I'll leave Zarren to figure how to make the numbers work.

Wonder if you could play him with TL at the  4 operating on the high post to eat up some backup PF behind JT. TL is a good passer and  would set high screens for Kenya,  JB, and MS or EF when Tatum sits. Fewer minutes for GW and Semi.

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2021, 06:26:46 AM »

Offline yelkao

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 17
He should go to the Hornets.

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2021, 07:17:35 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
He should go to the Hornets.
He be great there
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2021, 07:41:14 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 574
If the Celtics could sign him, could they buy out Thomas? Does that save them money?
I’m old. I don’t really follow nor understand salary cap ramifications

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2021, 08:27:03 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
If the Celtics could sign him, could they buy out Thomas? Does that save them money?
I’m old. I don’t really follow nor understand salary cap ramifications

Thompson? No. He is signed through next year so we would have to eat that salary. Makes a lot more sense for the Cs to hold on to him and at least trade him this summer. And if we are unable to come up with a better C option for 21-22, then he is more than capable in a back-up role.

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2021, 09:16:49 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Big, lumbering, back to the basket, power-types don't seem to particularly flourish with Brad (Kanter and Monroe come to mind).

Agree. Don't think he fits in well with Brad's switch everything philosophy. Look at Kanter, in the 45 games he's played for Portland, playing 26 mpg he's had a 20-20 and a 19-19 game and a total of 26 double doubles, as well as 12 games of 15+ rebounds and 3 games of 20+ rebounds. Compare that with his tenure with us, he had 9 double doubles in 58 games averaging 16 mpg.

For those salivating about Drummond gobbling up 20 rebounds a night for us, I suspect the same thing will happen to him as what happened to Kanter. He'd be sacrificing a lot of minutes to play for us as well.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2021, 09:21:37 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Big, lumbering, back to the basket, power-types don't seem to particularly flourish with Brad (Kanter and Monroe come to mind).

Agree. Don't think he fits in well with Brad's switch everything philosophy. Look at Kanter, in the 45 games he's played for Portland, playing 26 mpg he's had a 20-20 and a 19-19 game and a total of 26 double doubles, as well as 12 games of 15+ rebounds and 3 games of 20+ rebounds. Compare that with his tenure with us, he had 9 double doubles in 58 games averaging 16 mpg.

For those salivating about Drummond gobbling up 20 rebounds a night for us, I suspect the same thing will happen to him as what happened to Kanter. He'd be sacrificing a lot of minutes to play for us as well.

Oh, it totally doesn't make sense for him. We basically already made the move we needed by picking up Wagner. But, if Drummond wants to come here, then I am all for it. He is too good of a player to not pay the minimum to. We can't keep him beyond this year anyway so it's not like he would be 'ditching' us in FA when he leaves.

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2021, 09:42:33 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Drummond would make some sense if Thompson was traded, not Theis. But adding him would kind of make Thompson and Drummond redundant on the team given their skillsets and CBS scheme.

I'm hoping they can find a way to get Otto Porter Jr.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2021, 11:25:56 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Drummond would make some sense if Thompson was traded, not Theis. But adding him would kind of make Thompson and Drummond redundant on the team given their skillsets and CBS scheme.

I'm hoping they can find a way to get Otto Porter Jr.

I just don't see Otto Porter getting bought out. He's on a 28 million/year deal. He's never going to sniff that kind of money again.