Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors  (Read 72202 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2021, 04:04:48 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Danny Ainge:

“That’s another thing is with all the free agents that we have in the market this year. There’s a lot of players in the last year of their contracts. We really don’t have interest in acquiring a player that’s going to be a free agent (in the offseason) that’s probably going to get a lot more money than we think he’s worth.”
Disappointing but not surprising
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2021, 04:31:27 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Danny Ainge:

“That’s another thing is with all the free agents that we have in the market this year. There’s a lot of players in the last year of their contracts. We really don’t have interest in acquiring a player that’s going to be a free agent (in the offseason) that’s probably going to get a lot more money than we think he’s worth.”

So no John Collins, for those playing along at home.

Or Lonzo Ball, or Lauri Markkanen...which is too bad, because I would love Ball and one of Collins/Markkanen.
Wouldn't necessarily include Lonzo in that list. Danny said we won't go after players that will probably become overpaid. I expect Dipo, Collins and Markkanen to become overpaid. Not sure what to expect of Lonzo. He's a very versatile player, but he cannot consistently create his own shot. The way the game has evolved, most teams want instant offense from their starting PG. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a team that would be willing to overpay Lonzo.

The Knicks seem like a fairly obvious choice to me. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2021, 04:37:15 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Danny Ainge:

Or Lonzo Ball, or Lauri Markkanen...which is too bad, because I would love Ball and one of Collins/Markkanen.
Wouldn't necessarily include Lonzo in that list. Danny said we won't go after players that will probably become overpaid. I expect Dipo, Collins and Markkanen to become overpaid. Not sure what to expect of Lonzo. He's a very versatile player, but he cannot consistently create his own shot. The way the game has evolved, most teams want instant offense from their starting PG. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a team that would be willing to overpay Lonzo.

Fair enough. I thought of them as well, only because they are the Knicks. They can overpay anybody. Still, I would assume they'd rather have Dipo over Lonzo. Or maybe DeRozan on a short-term max deal. They also have the option to offer a stopgap contract to Dinwiddie and go after multiple max free agents in 2022.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 04:50:57 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2021, 04:49:13 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Danny Ainge:

Would they? They have quickley.

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2021, 04:51:51 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Danny Ainge:

I thought of them as well, only because they are the Knicks. They can overpay anybody. Still, I would assume they'd rather have Dipo over Lonzo. Or maybe DeRozan on a short-term max deal. They also have the option to offer a stopgap contract to Dinwiddie and go after multiple max free agents in 2022.

Heard that the Knicks were very interested in Lonzo Ball. I forget which podcast or  article.  NYC is very attractive to Lonzo as well.

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2021, 05:10:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny Ainge:

I thought of them as well, only because they are the Knicks. They can overpay anybody. Still, I would assume they'd rather have Dipo over Lonzo. Or maybe DeRozan on a short-term max deal. They also have the option to offer a stopgap contract to Dinwiddie and go after multiple max free agents in 2022.

Heard that the Knicks were very interested in Lonzo Ball. I forget which podcast or  article.  NYC is very attractive to Lonzo as well.

yup, saw that also

As for the Celtics, T&R pushed Ainge for some update regarding the trade front

Ainge requested, to ask him next week lol

Sounds like something/anything will happen

My guess is a small move.    Mike Muscala or Jake Layman for a 2nd

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2021, 05:11:31 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Danny Ainge:

Fair enough. The Knicks are a good shout.

I actually think Lonzo may be a nice fit next to Quickley.

« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2021, 05:13:01 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Danny Ainge:

I actually think Lonzo would be a nice fit next to Quickley.

agreed

Quickley, Ball, Rose is not a bad backcourt trio to work with

not sure what the Knicks would have to give up for ball

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2021, 05:16:25 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Danny Ainge:

I actually think Lonzo would be a nice fit next to Quickley.

agreed

Quickley, Ball, Rose is not a bad backcourt trio to work with

not sure what the Knicks would have to give up for ball
They'd give up nothing. They can sign him via cap space. Danny said he won't go after players who will probably become overpaid in the upcoming free agency. This is why we talk about Lonzo.

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2021, 09:25:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Danny said he won't go after players who will probably become overpaid in the upcoming free agency. This is why we talk about Lonzo.

This what he is saying but could it be no one wants what he is offering because half the team belongs in the G League?

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2021, 05:52:41 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
According to KOC, we are interested in Aaron Gordon.

Quote from: Kevin O'Connor
Sources: The Rockets, Warriors, Celtics, Timberwolves, and Trail Blazers have all had talks with the Magic for Aaron Gordon.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1373750888167260161?s=20

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2021, 05:59:07 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Watching Gordon today, I was surprised how well he passed the ball out of the low post. That is something our team is really lacking.  I see his fit here, just don't know what the Magic trade demands would be.

I am also very intrigued by Lonzo Ball suddenly.  I don't think the market as RFA will be as robust for him as it will be for John Collins, plus I really like Ball's defense and playmaking. 

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2021, 06:02:21 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Watching Gordon today, I was surprised how well he passed the ball out of the low post. That is something our team is really lacking.  I see his fit here, just don't know what the Magic trade demands would be.

I am also very intrigued by Lonzo Ball suddenly.  I don't think the market as RFA will be as robust for him as it will be for John Collins, plus I really like Ball's defense and playmaking.
Rumor has it they are asking for a pick and a prospect. If you ask me, that would be an overpay for Gordon.

Since you mentioned Lonzo, here's one more quote from KOC.

Sources: The Hawks and Bulls are both pursuing a trade for Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball. Talks with Atlanta have revolved around Cam Reddish.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1373749487517175817?s=20

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2021, 06:08:03 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Since you mentioned Lonzo, here's one more quote from KOC.

Sources: The Hawks and Bulls are both pursuing a trade for Pelicans guard Lonzo Ball. Talks with Atlanta have revolved around Cam Reddish.

https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/status/1373749487517175817?s=20

Thanks. Is Cam Reddish available? He would actually be a great investment, he is really long (6'8", with 7'1" wingspan) who would fit in well with us.  He has a lot of room to develop, but if the Hawks are looking to sell him, I'd definitely want to see what it would take to get him.

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2021, 06:12:52 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
People still buy into KOC’s fiction, huh?

Cam Reddish for a pending RFA?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes