Author Topic: NFL 2021 Season  (Read 174668 times)

Re: NFL 2021 Season
« Reply #735 on: November 02, 2021, 05:35:34 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
It appears Henry Ruggs got drunk and killed someone this morning as he has been charged with dui resulting in death.
He's done. What a moron. Heard that the sentence in Nevada is 2 to 20 years for serious injury or death with DUI, and I assume he's not getting the minimum.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #736 on: November 02, 2021, 05:39:37 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
It appears Henry Ruggs got drunk and killed someone this morning as he has been charged with dui resulting in death.
He's done. What a moron.

He deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life. This is way beyond the game, he killed an innocent person because of his idiotic decision making.

It’s even more pathetic when you remember that the NFL has a ride share system to prevent this. What a selfish buffoon.

« Reply #737 on: November 02, 2021, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
He's done. What a moron.

He deserves to rot in prison for the rest of his life. This is way beyond the game, he killed an innocent person because of his idiotic decision making.

It’s even more pathetic when you remember that the NFL has a ride share system to prevent this. What a selfish buffoon.
Hell, society has ride share options, they're called Uber and Lyft. Both have premium options for those needing the feel of a limo service. If you are drunk, their is just no excuse for getting behind the wheel of a car. Not with taxis, limos, Uber and Lyft available to you.

« Reply #738 on: November 02, 2021, 05:48:13 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
He's done. What a moron.

Hell, society has ride share options, they're called Uber and Lyft. Both have premium options for those needing the feel of a limo service. If you are drunk, their is just no excuse for getting behind the wheel of a car. Not with taxis, limos, Uber and Lyft available to you.

Very true. It just amazes me that these millionaires get a free system and still can’t make the right decision. So disgusting…

« Reply #739 on: November 02, 2021, 05:54:15 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Horrible. Even more so when you look at his Twitter profile. His header image is the gravestone of Roderic D. Scott, one of Ruggs' close friends growing up, who died aged 17 in a car accident.

You would think that such an experience would make someone hyper-aware of these kinds of things. Sadly, not the case here.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #740 on: November 03, 2021, 12:30:31 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
156 mph? Holy crap.  Also, a dog was killed too? Awful.

David Charns
@davidcharns
·
15m
#BREAKING; Former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was traveling 156 mph before a crash that killed a woman and her dog, sources tell the I-Team.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #741 on: November 03, 2021, 12:44:19 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406

David Charns
@davidcharns
·
15m
#BREAKING; Former Las Vegas Raiders wide receiver Henry Ruggs III was traveling 156 mph before a crash that killed a woman and her dog, sources tell the I-Team.

Loser - I hope he gets the max sentence

« Reply #742 on: November 03, 2021, 12:49:53 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Aaron Rodgers has covid and will miss at least the next game.  He is apparently NOT vaccinated.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #743 on: November 03, 2021, 12:58:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be
Aaron Rodgers has covid and will miss at least the next game.  He is apparently NOT vaccinated.

So he lied?

« Reply #744 on: November 03, 2021, 01:59:15 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32542413/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tests-positive-covid-19-source-says

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league ruled that Rodgers would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

The reigning NFL MVP said this past August that he was "immunized" when asked about his vaccination status.

"You know, there's a lot of conversation around it, around the league, and a lot of guys who have made statements and not made statements, owners who have made statements," Rodgers said at the time. "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision. I'm not going to judge those guys. There are guys that've been vaccinated that have contracted COVID. It's an interesting issue that I think we're going to see played out the entire season."

He later added: "I think I like to learn about everything that I'm doing, and there was a lot of research that even went into that. But like I said, there's been people that have tested positive, and I think it's only vaccinated people here. It's going to be interesting to see how things work moving forward. Obviously there could be some issues with vaccinated people only testing every couple weeks and then non-vaccinated testing every day."

Packers coach Matt LaFleur on Wednesday would not comment on any player or coach's vaccination status. He was asked whether Rodgers' use of the word "immunized" may have been misleading.

"That's a great question for Aaron," LaFleur said. "I'm not going to comment on it."

So it sounds like he didn't get the vaccine, but had something else done, maybe antibody injections. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #745 on: November 03, 2021, 02:10:00 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32542413/green-bay-packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tests-positive-covid-19-source-says

Rodgers, 37, had an alternate treatment prior to the start of training camp, sources told ESPN, and he then petitioned the NFL for that treatment to allow him to be considered the same as someone who received one of the approved vaccinations. After a lengthy back-and-forth, the league ruled that Rodgers would not get the same consideration and would be considered unvaccinated.

The reigning NFL MVP said this past August that he was "immunized" when asked about his vaccination status.

"You know, there's a lot of conversation around it, around the league, and a lot of guys who have made statements and not made statements, owners who have made statements," Rodgers said at the time. "There's guys on the team that haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision. I'm not going to judge those guys. There are guys that've been vaccinated that have contracted COVID. It's an interesting issue that I think we're going to see played out the entire season."

He later added: "I think I like to learn about everything that I'm doing, and there was a lot of research that even went into that. But like I said, there's been people that have tested positive, and I think it's only vaccinated people here. It's going to be interesting to see how things work moving forward. Obviously there could be some issues with vaccinated people only testing every couple weeks and then non-vaccinated testing every day."

Packers coach Matt LaFleur on Wednesday would not comment on any player or coach's vaccination status. He was asked whether Rodgers' use of the word "immunized" may have been misleading.

"That's a great question for Aaron," LaFleur said. "I'm not going to comment on it."

So it sounds like he didn't get the vaccine, but had something else done, maybe antibody injections.

I read that as he'd had a prior Covid infection.

« Reply #746 on: November 03, 2021, 02:12:34 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 983

David Charns
@davidcharns
·
15m

156 mph?  I'd heard the rumor he was drag-racing, and that speed seems to bear it out.  I wouldn't wonder if there's a charge they can file that is even steeper than the DUI.

« Reply #747 on: November 03, 2021, 02:17:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

David Charns
@davidcharns
·
15m

156 mph?  I'd heard the rumor he was drag-racing, and that speed seems to bear it out.  I wouldn't wonder if there's a charge they can file that is even steeper than the DUI.
Vehicular homicide comes to mind, though maybe that is what DUI resulting in death is called in Nevada

« Reply #748 on: November 03, 2021, 02:24:38 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

David Charns
@davidcharns
·
15m

Vehicular homicide comes to mind, though maybe that is what DUI resulting in death is called in Nevada

I also saw a report that there may have been an illegal handgun in his car also.

« Reply #749 on: November 03, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Why do ppl continue to drive while they out drinking?? Some ppl will never learn but unfortunately for Ruggs, he learn the hard way..my best friend was killed by a drunk driver in 1988
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin