Author Topic: Every time I watch Bane it makes me a little sick.  (Read 37316 times)

Every time I watch Bane it makes me a little sick.
« on: March 10, 2021, 09:00:21 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I really wanted bane and Pritchard in the draft and now Bane is starting for The Grizz. I know there are those on here that have players that they feel this way about. Players with more talent than Bane. It's just he would've been such a good fit. We wouldn't be shopping for a shooter with size now. He's shooting 44% from 3 on almost 4 attempts per game....

It's also not like Tyler Herro were you are bummed because he was picked a spot before our pick.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 09:05:46 PM by liam »

Re: Every time I watch Bane it makes me a little sick.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 09:10:17 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Yeah this was a bad move by Ainge. I understand not wanting to draft 3 rookies but there are players that could have been cut to keep Bane.

And yes he would be a good fit here...

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 09:13:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure if you noticed but Bane's three point shooting has been trending way down since his hot start.

Maybe it's just a slump. Maybe it's falling back to a mean that was much lower than over 50% from three.

I think he'll have a good career as a shooter, but Nesmith, long term, I think has the higher ceiling. After taking Nesmith, Bane was redundant.

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 09:14:11 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Yeah this was a bad move by Ainge. I understand not wanting to draft 3 rookies but there are players that could have been cut to keep Bane.

And yes he would be a good fit here...

I just have to let it go...

Said no fan ever... ;D

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 09:23:35 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Not sure if you noticed but Bane's three point shooting has been trending way down since his hot start.

Maybe it's just a slump. Maybe it's falling back to a mean that was much lower than over 50% from three.

I think he'll have a good career as a shooter, but Nesmith, long term, I think has the higher ceiling. After taking Nesmith, Bane was redundant.

Agreed but Bane was more NBA ready.

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 10:09:43 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
The Grizz have both Bane and Tillman, and they're both killing it!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 10:32:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

That Grizz team has a lot of young talent.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 11:02:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yep, they're stacked. I try to watch them as much as I can given the binkies of mine that they have (chiefly Jonas V and Tillman). If they can stay healthy and develop their youth right they'll be great.

They just need to put Grayson Allen in the bin
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 11:22:28 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

Not sure if you noticed but Bane is playing much better that Nesmith.  Over 40% from three is good.  Hope you don't expect Nesmith to shoot over 50%. 

Nothing redundant about drafting Bane and Nesmith.  Nesmith could bust.  Drafting two chances at a useful role player with 40% 3pt potential isn't redundant.  Its maximize your chance for success in the draft.  If both hit, no reason they can't play together and you can always trade one of them.  Bane was clearly more NBA ready and more likely to be useful this season. 

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2021, 02:19:15 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Yep, they're stacked. I try to watch them as much as I can given the binkies of mine that they have (chiefly Jonas V and Tillman). If they can stay healthy and develop their youth right they'll be great.

They just need to put Grayson Allen in the bin

They also play grit and grind still.

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2021, 05:29:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The thing that is maddening to me about it is the guy is out there playing and making contributions.   When we have a bench full of guys who struggle to do that very thing.   It is however water under the bridge, nothing we can do about it.

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2021, 05:56:18 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Bane will 23 in June.  He's a few months younger than Tatum and Pritchard and 2 years older the Nesmith.  Bane wouldn't be getting minutes on the Cs like he does on Memphis.

I like the Cs young talent more the Memphis'.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2021, 07:54:22 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1763
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It stinks when late round players you could have selected are actually decent, but I don't think Bane would really make our break our franchise. We don't have any proof that we would have actually taken Bane either. Yes, he was the choice at #30, but he wasn't necessarily our choice. He would also not be playing half the game or be getting nearly the usage in Boston.

Besides, I just choose to look at it as the compensation we gave up for the Hayward TPE. We gave up two of our future 2nds to CHA, but we received two (better) 2nds in return for the #30 pick. We are still all square as far as our future picks go.

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2021, 11:03:42 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
It stinks when late round players you could have selected are actually decent, but I don't think Bane would really make our break our franchise. We don't have any proof that we would have actually taken Bane either. Yes, he was the choice at #30, but he wasn't necessarily our choice. He would also not be playing half the game or be getting nearly the usage in Boston.

Besides, I just choose to look at it as the compensation we gave up for the Hayward TPE. We gave up two of our future 2nds to CHA, but we received two (better) 2nds in return for the #30 pick. We are still all square as far as our future picks go.

I agree.  He's averaging 9.9PPG with Memphis in just over 23MPG.  Does he even come close to that in Boston?  Doubt it.  So who are you sitting for him, Pritchard?  OK, 7.7PPG in just over 21MPG.  There was no G League for them to be sent to as Maine opted out.  His playing time would be a fraction of what it is now in Boston.

Side note, Carey was the guy I wanted at 30.
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2021, 11:09:43 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I like him, but am not crying over not keeping him.  Let's see his body of work for a couple of years before casting judgment.