Author Topic: Bagley: "Aytons prediction that he will go #1 is disrespectful"  (Read 1236 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23737698/deandre-ayton-draft-prediction-disrespectful

"I definitely believe I'm the No. 1 pick," Bagley said, "and if the Suns take me I'll definitely show them why."

Ayton took it a step further when he worked out for the Suns on Wednesday, saying "I know I'm going No. 1." He said that Phoenix would be his only pre-draft workout.

"Deandre, he's going to do what he's going to do. That's his plan," Bagley said. "All I can do is control what I can control and do what I love to do and just show different teams what I'm capable of doing. I can't really worry about what other people are doing at this point. This is an important time in my life right now, something I've been working toward my whole basketball career."

Bagley hears all the speculation that Ayton will go No. 1 and said he uses it as motivation.

"It's disrespectful and I use it as drive every single day," he said. "At the end of the day, this is all talk right now. Eventually we'll have to go on the court and we'll have to play. That's where all the talking ends."

Asked if he would have a "life-long" chip on his shoulder against the Suns if Phoenix didn't pick him, Bagley answered, "I'm a competitive person. You never want to come in last. You always put the work in to be great and to get to that next level. That's just the type of player that I am. So, to answer the question, yes."

Fans in Phoenix have known about Bagley for years. He grew up in suburban Chandler, leading his high school to the state championship as a ninth grader. From there, Bagley shifted to other basketball-oriented schools. He and Ayton were even teammates for a season at Hillcrest Prep in Phoenix.

Re: Bagley: "Aytons prediction that he will go #1 is disrespectful"
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:53:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:54:10 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Awesome! I'm so glad to see these young guys are already starting a heated rivalry even before entering the league. The NBA has been sorely missing some legit rivalries nowadays.

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 12:18:40 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Ha, that's funny.