Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 185936 times)

Re: Hayward to opt in?
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2020, 01:47:28 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Is there a path for Hayward to opt out and leave? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if he just wants to leave Boston via free agency I think the Hawks and Knicks are basically his only options. Otherwise, he'd have to work with Boston on getting traded somewhere either after opting in or signing and getting traded.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2020, 01:50:57 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Is there a path for Hayward to opt out and leave? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if he just wants to leave Boston via free agency I think the Hawks and Knicks are basically his only options. Otherwise, he'd have to work with Boston on getting traded somewhere either after opting in or signing and getting traded.

Charlotte and Suns too I think.  I think Suns are a dark horse, especially if they don't work out the Chris Paul thing.

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
At this point if he opts in I'm expecting a trade

Agree. I expect Turner and Brogdon for Hayward and Langford and maybe we through in VP.  Numbers look good.

I think the Cs would be perfectly satisfied acquiring just Brogdon (not even Turner) in a Hayward deal. I don't see any chance Indy gives him up, but I would be psyched if it happened.

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 12:56:20 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
I wish Hayward would make his decision already.

Team has already paid him $91,599,092.00, the LEAST the guy can do is either opt in or out prior the [dang] draft.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 01:05:31 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Team has already paid him $91,599,092.00, the LEAST the guy can do is either opt in or out prior the [dang] draft.
Is he worried he will get traded if he opts in? Is he trying to dictate where to be traded to

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 01:10:09 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
  Oh my how Boston will hate Hayward for opting in. I’ve never seen a guy who hasn’t said a bad word once be so disliked here. Blamed for injury. Puke.

I agree.  I don't get all of this angst.  The guy is getting hurt.  Freak injuries that can happen to anyone.  I have no clue how this is going to play out and would not be surprised if Hayward resigns with the C's with a no trade clause.  I have never heard the Haywards talk about not liking Boston nor Boston (Team) not liking him.  Everything we have read is all Media click bait driven.  Maybe Hayward approached Danny and Brad about wanting to go home to Indiana.  I honestly feel that the Front office and Brad already know what is going on and will not be surprised when Danny states as such.  Gordon wanted to be here long term and finish what he started or Gordon wanted his wife and kids to be closer to family since he plans on retiring and living in Indiana after he plays.  I don't think that what is going on behind the scenes is actually knowns by anyone except the Haywards, Danny and brad.

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton

Is he worried he will get traded if he opts in? Is he trying to dictate where to be traded to

Yeah, Maybe
'21 Historical Draft

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2020, 01:42:57 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
  Oh my how Boston will hate Hayward for opting in. I’ve never seen a guy who hasn’t said a bad word once be so disliked here. Blamed for injury. Puke.

I agree.  I don't get all of this angst.  The guy is getting hurt.  Freak injuries that can happen to anyone.  I have no clue how this is going to play out and would not be surprised if Hayward resigns with the C's with a no trade clause.  I have never heard the Haywards talk about not liking Boston nor Boston (Team) not liking him.  Everything we have read is all Media click bait driven.  Maybe Hayward approached Danny and Brad about wanting to go home to Indiana.  I honestly feel that the Front office and Brad already know what is going on and will not be surprised when Danny states as such.  Gordon wanted to be here long term and finish what he started or Gordon wanted his wife and kids to be closer to family since he plans on retiring and living in Indiana after he plays.  I don't think that what is going on behind the scenes is actually knowns by anyone except the Haywards, Danny and brad.

Pretty much spot on.

The best outcome of all this would be for all the rumors to be nothing but hot air and for Hayward to stay in Celtic green.  I think most folks just don't get how much better of a team we have been when Hayward has been healthy and replacing his talent is not going to be easy if we lose him.   Pretty much every trade scenario I have seen speculated on leaves us as a worse team.

Obviously, if he truly does want to leave, we should try to get the best value we can out of that situation.  But it's very doubtful we'll end up in better shape.
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2020, 01:57:42 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
At this point if he opts in I'm expecting a trade
There could well be a major trade, but maybe involving Smart instead of him.

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2020, 02:33:13 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Pretty much spot on.

The best outcome of all this would be for all the rumors to be nothing but hot air and for Hayward to stay in Celtic green.  I think most folks just don't get how much better of a team we have been when Hayward has been healthy and replacing his talent is not going to be easy if we lose him.   Pretty much every trade scenario I have seen speculated on leaves us as a worse team.

Obviously, if he truly does want to leave, we should try to get the best value we can out of that situation.  But it's very doubtful we'll end up in better shape.

Yeah, it'd have to be a sure thing if Hayward did actually want to stay and we still traded him. Like Jrue AND Turner for Hayward/picks. If we can renegotiate his deal, that would be best for all parties involved. It would give Gordon some long term security and Cs fans could stop freaking out about how he is the worst max FA ever (because he wouldn't be anymore). What he brings to the team really is underrated and his game should age gracefully if he can somehow stay healthy.

I know salary will become a problem down the road, but perhaps if we hit on a PG at #14, it will allow us to deal Kemba after next season. Of course Marcus can always step into that role, as well. Anyway, just wanted to echo your statement that keeping Hayward would be ideal, but understand that if he wants to leave, then we should try to improve however we can.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2020, 02:33:28 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  With all these rumors with the #2 pick why is Gordon not brought up? Is he not the better player than Smart by a lot? Not that I’m saying GS would ever do that.
  But wouldn’t Hayward for there better than smart/ jrue/ or waiting in a big man? I’d think that Steph/ Klay/ Hayward/ Wiggins/ Draymond plus whoever stole 14 for insurance would be much better. Am I crazy?

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2020, 02:52:59 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
  With all these rumors with the #2 pick why is Gordon not brought up? Is he not the better player than Smart by a lot? Not that I’m saying GS would ever do that.
  But wouldn’t Hayward for there better than smart/ jrue/ or waiting in a big man? I’d think that Steph/ Klay/ Hayward/ Wiggins/ Draymond plus whoever stole 14 for insurance would be much better. Am I crazy?

I don't think you are crazy and that's why I'd rather Gordon stay.  If he truly has issues being 4th fiddle here then he would not be happy in GSW.  If the rumors are true it seems Gordon wants to be the man vs winning a championship.  Now to the other side.  I've never heard from Hayward any of this kind of concern other then feeling bad about being hurt so I don't even know if I believe the rumors he wants to leave.  It would not shock me if the offseason went like this.

Resign Tatum for max
Gordon Resigns for 4 x 80
non tax payer MLE used on Danilo Gallinari
14 and 26 traded for #9 (Killian Hayes)
30 and Poirier traded for a future protected pick
Bi Annual (if we have it) Harry Giles
Wannamaker let go
Javonte Green let go
Semi and Theis contracts guaranteed
Tremont - fully guaranteed contract 2 yrs with 2 non guaranteed years
Tacko on a 2 way
2nd round pick on a 2 way
Kanter Opts out

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2020, 03:58:38 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
I see other players are making opt in decisions.  When is Hayward's deadline? 

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2020, 04:20:40 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
I see other players are making opt in decisions.  When is Hayward's deadline?

This Thursday, Nov. 19th is the opt-in date for both Hayward and Kanter (according to Keith Smith on twitter).

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2020, 04:33:32 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
I will not be surprised at him waiting till after the draft then opting out, just to screw with the organization.

Guy is salty about the jays being better than him
'21 Historical Draft