Author Topic: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)  (Read 187199 times)

Re: Woj: Hayward to Charlotte (4 years, $120 million)
« Reply #1635 on: January 09, 2021, 09:37:51 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
I think Hornets fans are pretty happy paying Hayward now that they've started their season 2 and 4...

He's putting up marginally better numbers than last season in an expanded role so i guess he got everything he wanted.

Happy for him.

Lol at your veiled insults. You are not fooling anyone. Hayward is much more than a good stats on a bad team guy. He was an all-star in a loaded western conference playing for a playoff team.he put up awesome numbers against the eventual champs GSW.

« Reply #1636 on: January 09, 2021, 09:48:08 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
I think Hornets fans are pretty happy paying Hayward now that they've started their season 2 and 4...

He's putting up marginally better numbers than last season in an expanded role so i guess he got everything he wanted.

Happy for him.

Lol at your veiled insults. You are not fooling anyone. Hayward is much more than a good stats on a bad team guy. He was an all-star in a loaded western conference playing for a playoff team.he put up awesome numbers against the eventual champs GSW.

That 1 season.

Jamal magloire was an allstar to once.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #1637 on: January 10, 2021, 12:22:25 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699

Happy for him.

That 1 season.

Jamal magloire never averaged more than 14 pts a game in a season over his entire career. His all-star season was in a weak eastern conference that was thin on talented bigs. Btw, wth happened to your pritchard predictions in november?

« Reply #1638 on: January 10, 2021, 10:42:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
it just made more sense to invest in Brown over the long haul given his age .

I wish he stayed for the sake of trying to get a ring and all the intangibles that so few players hold dear to anymore.

Charlotte is always stuck on the treadmill , look at Kemba all thise wasted years beating himself up and no playoffs . Nobody is going to go there just to be with Hayward , he is on the backside of his career ,now .  I would have wanted to finish up my career on a title seeking contender .  SMH ...each to his own.

Gordy s happy and mega rich ...he got all he wanted .

Good luck my friend.

« Reply #1639 on: January 10, 2021, 11:18:10 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Hornets look like a team that could legitimately compete for the 8 seed in the East.

Heat and Nets will obviously overtake them later in the season, but I imagine teams like the Knicks,  Cavaliers and maybe Magic also fall a bit going forward in the standings.

I'd say the Hayward move was good for both sides. Hayward gets a bit of a fresh start elsewhere as a #1 option where he's thriving and helping that team get to 5-5 (w/a 3-game W streak). Meanwhile Tatum and especially Jaylen have increased roles and are continuing to improve. If Hayward's still here idk if Jaylen pops off like he has over the last 2-3 weeks.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1640 on: January 10, 2021, 01:51:50 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Hayward went to Charlotte to be “the guy” only for Terry Rozier to actually be the best player on the team lol. Not gonna lie, Terry looks great.l so far this year. He’s putting up great numbers. Anyone ever wonder how the Cs would be if they just kept Rozier and built around Tatum/Brown/Rozier/Smart?

« Reply #1641 on: January 10, 2021, 02:01:02 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52

Happy for him.

That 1 season.

Jamal magloire never averaged more than 14 pts a game in a season over his entire career. His all-star season was in a weak eastern conference that was thin on talented bigs. Btw, wth happened to your pritchard predictions in november?

Magloire was still an allstar. Using allstar as a barometer for valuatuon of a player is useless.

I didnt make alot of pritchard predictions, imo, but I hated the pick amd have more than once admitted I was completely wrong on my take.

So not sure why you are bringing that up to try and make a case about Hayward.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #1642 on: January 10, 2021, 02:42:05 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Hayward went to Charlotte to be “the guy” only for Terry Rozier to actually be the best player on the team lol. Not gonna lie, Terry looks great.l so far this year. He’s putting up great numbers. Anyone ever wonder how the Cs would be if they just kept Rozier and built around Tatum/Brown/Rozier/Smart?

In hindsight I'd rather have Rozier at half the price of what Walker is costing.

But we were hoping that Irving would resign and basically took it for granted that Rozier would leave for a franchise to become a starting point guard instead of staying as a back-up in Boston. I think everyone was okay with that at the time.

« Reply #1643 on: January 10, 2021, 02:55:02 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I know it would have brought the counting stats down for all 3 wings but with Hayward along with Brown and Tatum last year we had a pretty elite offense when they all played together, and Hayward is such a good passer and secondary playmaker it helps makes it work.  It does make things a little more difficult with ball distribution when you add Walker to the mix, but would rather have Hayward than not and you have insurance if 1 of the 4 is hurt or off his game.  But he decided to follow the most money, and can’t blame Ainge for not matching that gigantic contract he got given his injuries in recent years.

« Reply #1644 on: March 18, 2021, 03:16:45 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Happy for him.

He's averaging 1ppg more this year than last lol

Not anymore

yeah, he seems to be in a groove now. His role is just different in Charlotte where is the 1 or 1A on offense whereas here he was our 4th option. people forget he had a really good season last year until he was injured in the playoffs.

I've gotta give it to him.  Even though the Hornets have a losing record, he's definitely getting his. 

There's no shame in realizing you're a good stats on a bad team guy.   

I wish him the best.
They have a better record than the Heat, Raptors and Rockets

Better record than us now  :angel:

Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #1645 on: March 18, 2021, 04:29:49 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Happy for him.

Not anymore

yeah, he seems to be in a groove now. His role is just different in Charlotte where is the 1 or 1A on offense whereas here he was our 4th option. people forget he had a really good season last year until he was injured in the playoffs.

I've gotta give it to him.  Even though the Hornets have a losing record, he's definitely getting his. 

I wish him the best.

Ouch. I wanted him to succeed, but not that much.

He's basically been as good as he ever was besides '16-'17. Good for him
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1646 on: March 18, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Happy for him.

Not anymore

I wish him the best.

Ouch. I wanted him to succeed, but not that much.

He's basically been as good as he ever was besides '16-'17. Good for him
They are 20-19 which is about where I thought they'd be.  The problem has been Boston has been worse.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1647 on: March 18, 2021, 08:46:44 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
I'll echo what Moranis said. It's not that CHA being a .500 team is all that surprising. Hayward is a very good player and he has been the perfect steadying presence that team needed. Reminds me of when we added Al. But LaMelo has also been much better much sooner than people thought. And of course, Terry.

On the other side, the Cs have been hit pretty hard by injuries and we actually lost Hayward (where they gained him). If we were healthy and Hayward was still on the team, I am confident we would be better than CHA currently is with Hayward. There is still a lot of time left in the season, but our team needs to flip a switch soon.

« Reply #1648 on: March 18, 2021, 09:12:18 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Even though Boston has more talent, you can tell even just watching a little bit of Charlotte games that those guys actually play for each other, play with energy/hustle and have fun doing so.

A stark contrast to here where frankly, most of the time this team is just boring, stagnant and mediocre. It's not just the wins-losses, but when you see Celtics games do you get the "fun feeling" you usually got watching some of the previous Celtics seasons even against tough opponents (like with Isaiah Thomas and our "underdog crew"). Or even last year,  bubble included?

Charlotte is kind of reminding me of that 2016-2017 Celtics team. Not to say they'll reach the ECF, but they are a fun team to watch and could make some noise. As others have mentioned, LaMelo has looked a lot better than expected and it's helping the others too given his skillset.  If Charlotte manages to avoid BKN/PHI/MIL first round, I could see them winning a playoff series actually.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1649 on: March 18, 2021, 09:14:28 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Hayward implemented Brad's system.  His loss hurts the most because it feels like a loss of system.  This became apparent last year in the Miami series, where we lost to a team less talented, but more trusting of their system. It is only more apparent now.