Author Topic: coaching ?  (Read 852 times)

coaching ?
« on: November 26, 2009, 10:58:36 AM »

Offline drooldaddy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 7
I wonder how much of the C's recent problems you would attribute to coaching.

For example , the poor foul shooting of Rondo. Clyde Frasier noticed that Rondo shoots with his palm instead of finger tips. Do our coaches?

How about the fact that Perk is guaranteed at least one offensive foul a game setting a moving pick?

Any thoughts? Anything else you'd think coaching should handle

Re: coaching ?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 11:03:51 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Well, my biggest problem with coaching is that they have continued to allow this team to launch 3 after 3 at innopportune times, when they could take the ball to the hoop.  I think Doc needs to be able to curb that a bit.

As for the things you state, I don't put on shooting.  Rondo's FT form has been reworked this offseason by Mark Price.  When that happens, it takes a long time for the new form to really start working for you.  At this point, all the coaches can do is wait that out, and hope Price knew what he was doing.

As for the offensive foul, I think they have gone over that over and over again with Perk.  The problem is, he does the exact same thing every big man does, but since he has gained a reputation of fouling on those picks from earlier in his career, he gets called on it much more than other guys (like KG, who moves on EVERY pick).

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 11:37:22 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
I think doc would be getting more heat than rondo.  If rondo isn't playing correctly in terms of team scheme than its up to doc.  If sheed is throwing up to many 3's AND not hitting them that falls on doc.  If KG isn't ready to play, start sheed.  Get the defensive intensity going.  Doc's "strong point" is working well w/ vets.  I think ray, sheed, eddie and kg have not been playing at the level we all expect, hence the poor play.  Did the nba figure out our defense??  Or are the rotations slower  8)
I'd rather have my starters busting their butts and getting subs who will come in and work as hard.  If a starter isn't doing it sub them, period.  We don't need egos on our team, everyone from rondo to kg needs to know we need 100% level out there.
Perks screens!!!  At this point in his career he should have this down, 2 years sure I'd give him some slack but c'mon.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2009, 04:14:04 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
To me, the problem isn't all coaching.

It is leadership. 

The leaders of this team are not stepping up on a consistent basis. 

KG may not be 100% physically, but there is no reason he can not be 100% as the emotional leader of this team.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

It is leadership. 

KG may not be 100% physically, but there is no reason he can not be 100% as the emotional leader of this team.

a chance to bash doc and you didn't? a new leaf? I'm impressed
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2009, 04:34:25 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

It is leadership. 

True.  We have obviously been coasting at times this year.  Tommy put it perfectly last night- something like- "they think they have fire in their bellys, but it hasn't always translated to their legs." 
It doesn't help that the second most dominant personality(Sheed) that we have is a notorious coaster.