Author Topic: White Chocolate  (Read 1229 times)

White Chocolate
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:08:22 AM »

Offline mzepol

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 56
Anyone regret that the C's passed on J-Will in the off season? He's been playing pretty well with the Magic despite the two missed free-throws vs Miami. Weren't the C's among the teams that considered signing him?

Re: White Chocolate
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 06:42:39 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
I don't know if the C's considered him but I remember we were discussing him on CB. The general consensus was that we had reservations because he hadn't played in a year (Marbury, anyone?) but he turns out to be a very good backup point guard and I wish he was a Celtic.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 06:43:21 AM »

Offline houlana

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 21
man, he was shooting lights out.

i was very impressed. but i wana see him play a few more games before i regret the C's not signing him

he didn't even play last yr did he?

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 08:55:33 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
yeah, think of all the "should williams start over rondo" threads we could read here on cb.  :D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 12:03:26 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
He missed some key free throws at the end there, not gonna help fix that part of Rondo's game haha.

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 12:19:22 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
No, can only make decisions based on the information you have at the time ... and I would have gone ballistic if the C's were depending on Jason Williams heading into this season.

Also, Jason Williams is playing serviceable basketball but Eddie House is the better player.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2009, 06:54:41 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
over the summer i said i would have liked him to be our "insurance".  i admit to being biased though bc he has always been a "binky" of mine  :D

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
over the summer i said i would have liked him to be our "insurance".  i admit to being biased though bc he has always been a "binky" of mine  :D

he's also one of the guys I really like. I thought his play in the preseason was impressive given the fact that he hadn't played in a year. And now he's stepping up with Jameer out - it was a good move by Orlando. Would've loved to see him in green, but hey, can't always go our way...
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2009, 08:10:59 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
This would have been low risk high reward. I think this would have been the same thing as it was with, Cassell, PJ, and Marbury and could be the same thing with Iverson. I think you need to take the low risk high reward everytime because when it pays off it pays off and when it doesn't it won't hurt your team anyway. PJ Brown Payed off. Cassell and Marbury didn't. But neither Cassell or Marbury hurt our team in anyway IMO. If they had ended up being distractions or "cancers" than we could have just cut them anyway. If the high reward works out than it is just an extra bonus. I'm not saying the J williams has necessarily worked out yet (he's only started a couple games) but he is a back up point guard and I really don't see him being a worse back up than Anthony Johnson or many of the other back up pg's in the league.