Author Topic: No one passing to Ray?  (Read 1317 times)

No one passing to Ray?
« on: November 14, 2009, 05:33:28 PM »

Offline Poseidon

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • Ray Allen είναι ο άνθρωπος.
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this, but I see Ray open all the time for a jumper and then one of our players just forces up a shot. As you can see, Ray is not attempting many 3s anymore because of this, and has to go 1 on 1 to get his points. Of course, Ray is classy and wont complain, but I'm sure he is getting mad when there is no one within 20 feet of him and a shot is forced. Thoughts?
"I could justify it all day long if I wanted to, but the truth is, I locked it because I wanted to."- Jeff

Re: No one passing to Ray?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
I can't say that I've noticed this.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
I think it's more of the fact that Ray is trying to not just shoot three's. He's trying to be more of a complete player.

OR they don't want him to score so we can sign him for cheaper.

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 07:18:33 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1692
I think it's more of the fact that Ray is trying to not just shoot three's. He's trying to be more of a complete player.

OR they don't want him to score so we can sign him for cheaper.

I think defenders are just closing out on him faster, so he's going to the hole instead. 

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 07:34:01 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
He;s not really open.  Defenders have learned that the best way to stop Ray on this team is by playing the passing lanes on the weak side.  This has also been a problem with House.  

This is one of the big reason Orlando was able to shut down Rondo last year as well.  Take away his passing lanes, and he is much less effective.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 07:42:32 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Ray has a much more complete game so far this year. He goes to the paint and shoots mid-range way more than shooting 3's. I like this because he gets even more dangerous this way.

I've noticed that many times he is alone in the corner and the ball handler doesn't give him the ball. It often happens when Pierce goes to the lane, either he doesn't see Ray or prefers to go to the hole.