Author Topic: Nets (9-4) at Celtics (8-6) 11/28  (Read 57267 times)

Re: Nets (9-4) at Celtics (8-6) 11/28
« Reply #240 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1490
I am all for us standing up for our teammates, but Rondo lost his cool and it hurts the team.  I don't like Humphries, but I didn't see the his foul on KG as that bad.  Hard foul, but it didn't look like he went for his head like others are saying.

We need Rajon to be in the game.  He needs to realize he is too valuable to us to pull stuff like this.  Go help your team mate up like we always do, drop some f-bombs in humphries face, but don't start something physical that gets you ejected.

« Reply #241 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
What a way to end the streak.

I have mixed emotions about this. Should Rondo as the team leader keep out of this or be in front as he was?

Rondo needs to be cool enough to consider, that this could develop into something worse, like a bench-clearing brawl. 
On the other hand this team has not shown a lot of toughness, and it's about time, that we did.

« Reply #242 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:24 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Brook Lopez belongs on the brady bunch

Wallace is a thug

Humphries is a wimp
Here's a story...

« Reply #243 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
How many games will Rondo be gone?  My prediction is 5 games based on past history.

The replays I watched, I so him throw no punches. Some shoves, but no punches. You got to do some shoving when a 6'10  260 lb guy starts attacking you.

Shut up Donny!!!!!

Only shoves, but some pretty aggressive, repeated shoving.  Rondo also pretty obviously started it.  Rondo made sure that turned into a fight, not just a scuffle.  He's got a history of being hot-headed in games.  I think he's gone for at least 3, probably more.  The league does not tolerate fighting, especially fighting that spills into the stands.  They're very sensitive about that stuff.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #244 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
as far as the streak again bird mentality
remember when bird was chasing calvin murphy for most consecutive free throws and he finally missed one
his reply? time to start a new one

« Reply #245 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:20 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Disgusting.  That's how I'd describe the first half.

I am with the crowd that says Rondo needs to stand up for KG, but don't start a fight.  I mean, getting up in Humphries face gets you a tech, but at least you can still play.  Really sad to see the streak end in that fashion.

Gerald Wallace needs to be severely punished.  He just assaulted KG out of nowhere.  In my opinion, he needs a worse suspension than Rondo.  As for Rajon, I'm thinking 2, maybe 3 games.

We played very poorly, but I think we come out strong the second half.  This is the kind of moment where teams come together, and I'll bet there's going to be a whole lot of chippyness between our vets and Brooklyn's.

LET'S GO CELTICS!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #246 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:34 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Rondo instigated the brawl. League going to come down hard on Rondo. Brawl is a a serious despite the fact no punches were thrown.

It wasn't a brawl though. I didn't even see a punch thrown. This wont be that big of a deal. Maybe a 1-2 game suspension for Rondo. All he did was shove a guy.

« Reply #247 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:38 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'd love to see quiet mike gorman just haul off and beat donnie marshall
can we get rid of him please

I'd give you 10 TPs if I could.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #248 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:39 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
you need to think about heat of the moment/game....when you play..it is never that rational.....and it wasn't clean already...there is soo many more hits than you see on the ball play.....

« Reply #249 on: November 28, 2012, 08:57:52 PM »

Offline contramundum

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 36
So can we put the whole "Rondo only cares about the streak" thing to rest now?  His teammate got hit in the face, Rondo got mean, and as others in this thread have said, sort of Larry Birdish.  Rondo knew what he was doing and streak or not, he wasn't going to let that stand.  If you want to blame anyone, blame the refs for letting it get out of hand by not calling anything on anyone wearing a black jersey for nearly a whole half of basketball.

Sorry to the naysayers - but I love the fact that our point guard just went after a guy way bigger than him.  That's my freakin boy.  Immature?  I don't care.  We need to get tougher, and if you have to take a few swings and suspensions to get that going, then so be it.

« Reply #250 on: November 28, 2012, 08:58:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hopefully Rondo's ejection and subsequent fine / suspension will get this team fired up.  Hopefully being embarrassed by a division rival at home will help do the same.

But I'm worried about where this team could be after a few games without Rondo, especially with how inconsistent they've been with him in the lineup and playing well.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #251 on: November 28, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2536
He took a shot at KGs head while he was in the air.  That's a flagrant.

Rondo did the right thing.  You can't let guys punk your guys and get away with it.  We're losing by 20.  You need to make a statement that you're not going to roll over.

Amateurish.

Go follow womans basketball.  This is a mans sport.  You do not let your teammates take shots to the head while in the air go unpunished.

Rondo went up against a guy 8 inches and 100 pounds bigger than him and destroyed him. 

People who are going to gripe about Rondo doing this are the same that praise Bird for going to war for his teammates and laying it all on the line.  You can't have it both ways. 

Rondo has the same mentality as Bird.  I will take that any day.

The woman comment is unecessary (and ridiculous if the implication is that men are tougher than women because they fight), but I have no problem with what Rondo did tonight.  Hit didn't punch him in the face, he pushed him following Humphries getting in KG's face.  It wasn't tough or macho -- it was fiery and emotional -- and I think it got the team energized.  I am psyched for the 2nd half.

« Reply #252 on: November 28, 2012, 08:58:21 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Just caught up on DVR.  The seeds of that "fight" were sown by the refs.  Wildly inconsistent treatment of contact, and not just in Brooklyn's favor.  A lot of guys got clubbed with no whistle, then a soft one would be called the next time down.  That's a recipe for contact getting out of hand and players lashing out.

I don't mind Rondo for doing it, to be honest.  Stupid in the short term, of course, but that old fire is exactly what we've lacked lately.   Plus it was a glorified shoving match and nobody got hurt.  If it finally wakes the team up for the night or for the season I'm for it.

« Reply #253 on: November 28, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Donny has to go!   

http://www.csnne.com/pages/v3_contact_us

Start the emails, let's get rid of his bozo!

« Reply #254 on: November 28, 2012, 08:59:03 PM »

Offline butterbeanlove

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 191
Rondo is a leader. People want to say he doesn't do the things that will help your team win games, we're going to win this game and it's going to be because of Rondo stepping up right there.

Don't be surprised if we look back at this moment in two months and pinpoint it as the moment everything for us started to turn around.

Put me on Team Rondo.

Felger will talk about how this means he's not a leader. This is why I listen to Pandora on my commute.

Donny Marshall also needs an assumdectomy, but that's hardly news at this point.