Poll

Plan B - sign Kemba, Middleton or tradd for Beal (poll)

Sign Kemba
5 (20.8%)
Sign Middleton
2 (8.3%)
Trade for Beal
17 (70.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Plan B - sign Kemba or Middleton or trade for Beal (poll)  (Read 8405 times)

Re: Plan B - sign Kemba or Middleton or trade for Beal (poll)
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2019, 02:10:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I think there needs to be a PSA ... I was noticing on reddit that a lot of the fans that want kyrie to walk don’t seem to understand the salary cap. 

We aren’t going to have cap space either way.  If he walks, we are losing a top 25 player for nothing and have no ability to sign a suitable replacement in free agency.  It’s objectively bad unless you truly believe the delusion that removing our lone top 25 player somehow puts us in better position to beat a team like the bucks.  In which case, you must have a lot of faith in Terry Rozier.

I assumed this thread was created under the assumption that Kyrie walks.  We've got nothing better to discuss until July 1st. 8)
Kemba and Middleton can’t be signed.

The only way Boston could sign kemba:

- kyrie walks
- Rozier walks
- Theis walks
-  Morris walks
- horford opts out and leaves
- we use picks to salary dump Hayward

If those things all happen, you can talk about signing kemba or Middleton.  Otherwise, recognize that if kyrie leaves we are still over the cap and will not have the ability to sign a suitable replacement via free agency.  You’d be losing the teams only allstar for nothing.

Yeah I simply don't understand the Kyrie detractors... Yes, was he a prima donna? Check. Did he take reckless dumb shots, especially that heavily contested stepback fadeaway on Giannis at the left side? Check. Was he on and off with media, and hinting at his displeasure at how the team was, and not stepping up as a leader? Check.

But he's a top 25 player, that hasn't even eclipsed his prime... Also we would have his bird rights, which means we can go over the cap, and re-sign, and trade him later on in the future... There is NO point in letting Kyrie just walk away for nothing...

That being said, I'm just befuddled as to what really happened... I'm sure we will find out more information in the future about why the downfall of our team, and our chemistry fluctuated. But Kyrie wasn't like this last year... This is why I'm so confused. I have to believe the usual suspects were probably Tatum, (his comments saying that he thinks he could be the 'man,' in NOP,) Rozier for his disparaging commentary regarding his 'role.' And finally Morris who said he wasn't happy about his role, and believed he should be starting.

I just don't get it. I really think making ECF last year might've been the worst thing for our young players... Instead of working hard to build on their weaknesses, they took it as, "let me just chuck the most 3's," and hope everything falls into place.

Anyways, getting back on topic, I'm okay with Bradley Beal, but at what cost?

Not giving up Tatum or Brown for him, Beal is a great player, and All-star, but if I'm giving up Tatum or Brown, I'm expecting someone that can momentously change the tide of the game. Is Beal that type of player?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2019, 02:12:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I think there needs to be a PSA ... I was noticing on reddit that a lot of the fans that want kyrie to walk don’t seem to understand the salary cap. 

We aren’t going to have cap space either way.  If he walks, we are losing a top 25 player for nothing and have no ability to sign a suitable replacement in free agency.  It’s objectively bad unless you truly believe the delusion that removing our lone top 25 player somehow puts us in better position to beat a team like the bucks.  In which case, you must have a lot of faith in Terry Rozier.

I assumed this thread was created under the assumption that Kyrie walks.  We've got nothing better to discuss until July 1st. 8)
Kemba and Middleton can’t be signed.

The only way Boston could sign kemba:

- kyrie walks
- Rozier walks
- Theis walks
-  Morris walks
- horford opts out and leaves
- we use picks to salary dump Hayward

If those things all happen, you can talk about signing kemba or Middleton.  Otherwise, recognize that if kyrie leaves we are still over the cap and will not have the ability to sign a suitable replacement via free agency.  You’d be losing the teams only allstar for nothing.

I pretty much ignored the Kemba and Middleton part of this thread.  The Beal discussion is more realistic, especially if Horford is willing to restructure his contract.

Isn't it true if we lose both KI and AH we have the cap space to sign one max?  With a few renouncing the FA rights of Theis, morris, rozier etc. I mean at that point we only have GH under max money.

I mean that is a bad scenario doe to the talent drop kick off a cliff, but possible right.

Sure, we could, (although we cannot give anything past 7 year designated vets like Kawhi or Klay the max), but who are we signing that is max caliber kind of player that is worth the money, and would be willing to stay as the guy? Hate to say it, but Clippers/Nets seem like teams with great potential.

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
We don't need anyone under 6'9

Beal is on a team with alotta talent that goes nowhere

Don't like him and he seems like he has a nasty attitude...like most DC players.
What the heck? What talent does Washington have? Bobby Portis? Jabari Parker? Sam Dekker? Thomas Bryant? They won exactly as many games as their roster suggests.

Not sure where the attitude comments come from at all. He sells things to the refs, but that can be said for half the league

Because i'm burdened with noticing things most people don't...and wish I didn't.

And that team last year should've accomplished way more than it did.

Wall basically tells the media he's gonna party all night because he's a grown man after an important loss and I don't want any player on that team if you follow them a little with their attitudes.

I hate that team...and if Kyrie learned his act from lebron, need I say more?
Did you happen to notice Washington trading half their young talent, and buying out other guys? Or did you happen to notice that they had two starters injured for the whole season?

Jeesh. I guess any guy that has ever played in a junior position to a guy with poor leadership skills must be a bad guy, right? Lunacy

I said last year's team, and it's way more than that but I don't wanna get into it.

But I guess if you want shooters when we have to many and no quality bigs, ok.

We just died by the smallball 3, so the plan is to get more of them.  That's what's wrong with this fanbase.  Illogical

The guy who thinks Rozier is starting PG caliber and should be replacing Kyrie is talking about our fanbase being illogical.

Right, yeah okay buddy...

I'm not really a Rozier fan, but if you can't see how thoroughly Kyrie destroyed this team and how his teammates quit on him multiple times, and even when the season is on the line, a back yard slug would be a better point than Kyrie.

We're not talking scoring ability...and even then he got shutdown 4 games in a row...we're talking  about fit.

So buddy, if you stopped the Kyrie worship, you would see he failed where Rozier didn't if you have basic problem solving abilities.

You do realize Rozier pretty much shat on the Celtics? Lol. Talk about leadership problems too. But okay buddy LOL!!

Kyrie shat on them too...with Rozier-like numbers, buddy  :)

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
We don't need anyone under 6'9

Beal is on a team with alotta talent that goes nowhere

Don't like him and he seems like he has a nasty attitude...like most DC players.
What the heck? What talent does Washington have? Bobby Portis? Jabari Parker? Sam Dekker? Thomas Bryant? They won exactly as many games as their roster suggests.

Not sure where the attitude comments come from at all. He sells things to the refs, but that can be said for half the league

Because i'm burdened with noticing things most people don't...and wish I didn't.

And that team last year should've accomplished way more than it did.

Wall basically tells the media he's gonna party all night because he's a grown man after an important loss and I don't want any player on that team if you follow them a little with their attitudes.

I hate that team...and if Kyrie learned his act from lebron, need I say more?
Did you happen to notice Washington trading half their young talent, and buying out other guys? Or did you happen to notice that they had two starters injured for the whole season?

Jeesh. I guess any guy that has ever played in a junior position to a guy with poor leadership skills must be a bad guy, right? Lunacy

I said last year's team, and it's way more than that but I don't wanna get into it.

But I guess if you want shooters when we have to many and no quality bigs, ok.

We just died by the smallball 3, so the plan is to get more of them.  That's what's wrong with this fanbase.  Illogical

The guy who thinks Rozier is starting PG caliber and should be replacing Kyrie is talking about our fanbase being illogical.

Right, yeah okay buddy...

I'm not really a Rozier fan, but if you can't see how thoroughly Kyrie destroyed this team and how his teammates quit on him multiple times, and even when the season is on the line, a back yard slug would be a better point than Kyrie.

We're not talking scoring ability...and even then he got shutdown 4 games in a row...we're talking  about fit.

So buddy, if you stopped the Kyrie worship, you would see he failed where Rozier didn't if you have basic problem solving abilities.

You do realize Rozier pretty much shat on the Celtics? Lol. Talk about leadership problems too. But okay buddy LOL!!

Kyrie shat on them too...with Rozier-like numbers, buddy  :)

Also you claim you're not a Rozier fan, but here's another one of your terrible hot takes and 'nuggets.'

Okay so both point guards failed to meet expectations... Agreed. Thanks for playing!

I voted Terry, regardless of whether we keep Kyrie or not, and it seems I'm not alone.

Terry is purely an athlete who can barely dribble, can't get his own shot, and does not have good court vision.  Basically he's a non Point Guard who plays Point Guard.  And he has too many stupid defensive decisions.  He is however a good rebounder from that position.. that's it in my opinion.

As others have stated, if there is a deal for Davis and Davis wants Kyrie here, then I'm good with keeping Kyrie.

Actually Terry can get by anyone with a floater in the lane if he can't go all the way.

Obviously Brad preaches he not do that because Terry does that comfortably.  Terry is alot better than he was allowed to be.

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2019, 02:26:06 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I voted Beal, when/if he demands a trade and drives down his trade value

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
well the first two will require max space, we wont have that even if  both Kyrie, Horfrod and all the free agents leave we still wouldn't quite be there so they are kind of not realistic anyway. Beal meanwhile would require a hefty trade package which we likely would only have the assets for if the AD trade doesn't happen, and in that situation why bother. So in other words, none? This is the level of player we need, so why bother.

« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2019, 02:35:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
well the first two will require max space, we wont have that even if  both Kyrie, Horfrod and all the free agents leave we still wouldn't quite be there so they are kind of not realistic anyway. Beal meanwhile would require a hefty trade package which we likely would only have the assets for if the AD trade doesn't happen, and in that situation why bother. So in other words, none? This is the level of player we need, so why bother.

No and no

There are ways to open the cap space ... and shouldnt be too costly to do so

Also Beal is a fine player and good friends with Tatum

He is not a pure pg but could take on that role....

The way CBS likes to coach, a true pg is not even mandatory

« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2019, 02:37:17 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

If you say whats the point

Well drafting 3 players from non lottery area... thats going nowhere for at least a season or two (needs time for seasoning)

Celts need to regroup and try to get back to ECF sooner than later

« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

If you say whats the point

Well drafting 3 players from non lottery area... thats going nowhere for at least a season or two (needs time for seasoning)

Celts need to regroup and try to get back to ECF sooner than later

Its not an either or tho, you can package all those picks and you arent getting Beal. It require giving up a very similar package to the one AD would require simply because he is paid 26 million dollars. The package almost has to be two of Tatum/brown/Smart to make the money work, same as the AD trade. Thats not a gigantic upgrade that makes us contenders. In both of these situations there are money problems that mean to get those guys the rest of your roster gets worse. In other words its not so much there's "no point" as its just not happening.

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 02:53:58 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Kemba and Middleton aren’t legit suitors and I really do not care for Beal so it’s a wash for me.
Interested to hear why you don't care for Beal

Ok bear with me here;
I’m no scout or anything but nothing Beal does jumps out at me. He seems a bit out of control at times and I feel like he only scored as much as he did because of the lack of talent on the roster. I feel like if brown had the same opportunity he would produce like numbers. Not the same numbers but like numbers as Beal did. Lastly he is a guard and Celtics have enough guard issues as it is. I don’t see Beal being a massive upgrade from what we have already.

With that being said! Brown is hard for me to part with because I just see something In him. Something beyond even what Tatum can do. Now will he become what I believe he can be.. only time will tell,  but JB has potential to be better than both Tatum and Beal. Wait till he matures a little more. I was also a person who was hesitant on believing Kawhi was “great” and thought he was overrated and saw that Brown was going to turn into Kawhi... lol now since then I see who Kawhi is now and understand how wrong I was then. But still doing sleep on Jaylen.

« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2019, 02:57:42 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

No and no

There are ways to open the cap space ... and shouldnt be too costly to do so

Also Beal is a fine player and good friends with Tatum

He is not a pure pg but could take on that role....

The way CBS likes to coach, a true pg is not even mandatory

Friends or not.. they won’t be on the Celtics together. They can be best buds on the Pels though.

« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2019, 02:58:45 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Kemba and Middleton aren’t legit suitors and I really do not care for Beal so it’s a wash for me.
Interested to hear why you don't care for Beal

Ok bear with me here;
I’m no scout or anything but nothing Beal does jumps out at me. He seems a bit out of control at times and I feel like he only scored as much as he did because of the lack of talent on the roster. I feel like if brown had the same opportunity he would produce like numbers. Not the same numbers but like numbers as Beal did. Lastly he is a guard and Celtics have enough guard issues as it is. I don’t see Beal being a massive upgrade from what we have already.

With that being said! Brown is hard for me to part with because I just see something In him. Something beyond even what Tatum can do. Now will he become what I believe he can be.. only time will tell,  but JB has potential to be better than both Tatum and Beal. Wait till he matures a little more. I was also a person who was hesitant on believing Kawhi was “great” and thought he was overrated and saw that Brown was going to turn into Kawhi... lol now since then I see who Kawhi is now and understand how wrong I was then. But still doing sleep on Jaylen.

TP. I feel the same way. Wouldn't even give up Brown for Beal straight up.

I like Beal, but I think LAL is gonna go after him. And they will probably give up Hart, and Ingram + picks to do so.

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2019, 03:10:15 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
This love affair with Beal that people have on here slays me. You do realize all of the things that people hate Irving for, Beal does the same type of stuff?
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2019, 03:20:21 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

This love affair with Beal that people have on here slays me. You do realize all of the things that people hate Irving for, Beal does the same type of stuff?

I’m missing it to

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2019, 03:25:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Where is all this cap room coming from?