Poll

Plan B - sign Kemba, Middleton or tradd for Beal (poll)

Sign Kemba
5 (20.8%)
Sign Middleton
2 (8.3%)
Trade for Beal
17 (70.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: Plan B - sign Kemba or Middleton or trade for Beal (poll)  (Read 8412 times)

Re: Plan B - sign Kemba or Middleton or trade for Beal (poll)
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 12:54:10 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
We don't need anyone under 6'9

Beal is on a team with alotta talent that goes nowhere

Don't like him and he seems like he has a nasty attitude...like most DC players.
What the heck? What talent does Washington have? Bobby Portis? Jabari Parker? Sam Dekker? Thomas Bryant? They won exactly as many games as their roster suggests.

Not sure where the attitude comments come from at all. He sells things to the refs, but that can be said for half the league

Because i'm burdened with noticing things most people don't...and wish I didn't.

And that team last year should've accomplished way more than it did.

Wall basically tells the media he's gonna party all night because he's a grown man after an important loss and I don't want any player on that team if you follow them a little with their attitudes.

I hate that team...and if Kyrie learned his act from lebron, need I say more?
Did you happen to notice Washington trading half their young talent, and buying out other guys? Or did you happen to notice that they had two starters injured for the whole season?

Jeesh. I guess any guy that has ever played in a junior position to a guy with poor leadership skills must be a bad guy, right? Lunacy

I said last year's team, and it's way more than that but I don't wanna get into it.

But I guess if you want shooters when we have to many and no quality bigs, ok.

We just died by the smallball 3, so the plan is to get more of them.  That's what's wrong with this fanbase.  Illogical

The guy who thinks Rozier is starting PG caliber and should be replacing Kyrie is talking about our fanbase being illogical.

Right, yeah okay buddy...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I'd be a huge fan of bringing Beal to Boston if Kyrie leaves.  Horford could make this plan easier if he opted out and re-signed at somewhere closer to $20 million per year.  Ainge really wouldn't need to send out much in salary to make a deal work.  Next years cap is projected to jump to $109 million. 

Here's some questions for everyone.  I'm not sure how I feel about them yet.

1. Would you move Tatum for Beal if the rest of the deal made sense? 
2. How would everyone feel about a swap of draft assets in the deal?  Washington gets more of our current picks while Ainge negotiates for some of their picks in future seasons.  Protections would obviously apply on the Washington picks.
3. Do we think Beal, Brown, and Hayward would fit together as primary scoring options?

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 01:00:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
I'd be a huge fan of bringing Beal to Boston if Kyrie leaves.  Horford could make this plan easier if he opted out and re-signed at somewhere closer to $20 million per year.  Ainge really wouldn't need to send out much in salary to make a deal work.  Next years cap is projected to jump to $109 million. 

2. How would everyone feel about a swap of draft assets in the deal?  Washington gets more of our current picks while Ainge negotiates for some of their picks in future seasons.  Protections would obviously apply on the Washington picks.
3. Do we think Beal, Brown, and Hayward would fit together as primary scoring options?

Tatum for Beal... I think I would pass on that... We still would need a competent PG.

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 01:02:41 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Tatum for Beal... I think I would pass on that... We still would need a competent PG.
Draft Darius Garland!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2019, 01:04:36 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton

I'm not too worried about the PG spot.  Ainge has plenty of assets to work with in order to find one.  I also lean towards no unless the Wizards are willing to part ways with a potential top 5 pick in the future.  I'm sure Washington wouldn't surrender anything without top 1 or 2 protection.  It would suck to see Tatum leave but I think Washington could sweeten the deal enough to make it worth it.  In return, Ainge would send some combination of our existing first picks.

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2019, 01:05:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I think there needs to be a PSA ... I was noticing on reddit that a lot of the fans that want kyrie to walk don’t seem to understand the salary cap. 

We aren’t going to have cap space either way.  If he walks, we are losing a top 25 player for nothing and have no ability to sign a suitable replacement in free agency.  It’s objectively bad unless you truly believe the delusion that removing our lone top 25 player somehow puts us in better position to beat a team like the bucks.  In which case, you must have a lot of faith in Terry Rozier. 

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2019, 01:09:39 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
I think there needs to be a PSA ... I was noticing on reddit that a lot of the fans that want kyrie to walk don’t seem to understand the salary cap. 

We aren’t going to have cap space either way.  If he walks, we are losing a top 25 player for nothing and have no ability to sign a suitable replacement in free agency.  It’s objectively bad unless you truly believe the delusion that removing our lone top 25 player somehow puts us in better position to beat a team like the bucks.  In which case, you must have a lot of faith in Terry Rozier.

I assumed this thread was created under the assumption that Kyrie walks.  We've got nothing better to discuss until July 1st. 8)

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30

Don't like him and he seems like he has a nasty attitude...like most DC players.
What the heck? What talent does Washington have? Bobby Portis? Jabari Parker? Sam Dekker? Thomas Bryant? They won exactly as many games as their roster suggests.

Not sure where the attitude comments come from at all. He sells things to the refs, but that can be said for half the league

Because i'm burdened with noticing things most people don't...and wish I didn't.

Wall basically tells the media he's gonna party all night because he's a grown man after an important loss and I don't want any player on that team if you follow them a little with their attitudes.

Did you happen to notice Washington trading half their young talent, and buying out other guys? Or did you happen to notice that they had two starters injured for the whole season?

Jeesh. I guess any guy that has ever played in a junior position to a guy with poor leadership skills must be a bad guy, right? Lunacy

I said last year's team, and it's way more than that but I don't wanna get into it.

We just died by the smallball 3, so the plan is to get more of them.  That's what's wrong with this fanbase.  Illogical

The guy who thinks Rozier is starting PG caliber and should be replacing Kyrie is talking about our fanbase being illogical.

I'm not really a Rozier fan, but if you can't see how thoroughly Kyrie destroyed this team and how his teammates quit on him multiple times, and even when the season is on the line, a back yard slug would be a better point than Kyrie.

We're not talking scoring ability...and even then he got shutdown 4 games in a row...we're talking  about fit.

So buddy, if you stopped the Kyrie worship, you would see he failed where Rozier didn't if you have basic problem solving abilities.

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2019, 01:20:16 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I'm not really a Rozier fan, but if you can't see how thoroughly Kyrie destroyed this team and how his teammates quit on him multiple times, and even when the season is on the line, a back yard slug would be a better point than Kyrie.

We're not talking scoring ability...and even then he got shutdown 4 games in a row...we're talking  about fit.

So buddy, if you stopped the Kyrie worship, you would see he failed where Rozier didn't if you have basic problem solving abilities.
Dude, what? Terry Rozier is a sub 40% shooter from the field and from 3, and is a bad passer. Good riddance
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2019, 01:20:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

You do realize Rozier pretty much shat on the Celtics? Lol. Talk about leadership problems too. But okay buddy LOL!!

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2019, 01:26:47 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

I assumed this thread was created under the assumption that Kyrie walks.  We've got nothing better to discuss until July 1st. 8)
Kemba and Middleton can’t be signed.

The only way Boston could sign kemba:

- kyrie walks
- Rozier walks
- Theis walks
-  Morris walks
- horford opts out and leaves
- we use picks to salary dump Hayward

If those things all happen, you can talk about signing kemba or Middleton.  Otherwise, recognize that if kyrie leaves we are still over the cap and will not have the ability to sign a suitable replacement via free agency.  You’d be losing the teams only allstar for nothing.

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2019, 01:29:23 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton

- kyrie walks
- Rozier walks
- Theis walks
-  Morris walks

If those things all happen, you can talk about signing kemba or Middleton.  Otherwise, recognize that if kyrie leaves we are still over the cap and will not have the ability to sign a suitable replacement via free agency.  You’d be losing the teams only allstar for nothing.

I pretty much ignored the Kemba and Middleton part of this thread.  The Beal discussion is more realistic, especially if Horford is willing to restructure his contract.

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2019, 01:47:22 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
I picked Beal but we be last place Washington deal him to..they hate us and same division
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2019, 01:59:08 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Emphasis on the point that if Kyrie leaves the Celtics cannot replace him with a similar player because they're over the cap.

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 02:08:07 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16

- kyrie walks
- Rozier walks
- Theis walks
-  Morris walks

I pretty much ignored the Kemba and Middleton part of this thread.  The Beal discussion is more realistic, especially if Horford is willing to restructure his contract.

Isn't it true if we lose both KI and AH we have the cap space to sign one max?  With a few renouncing the FA rights of Theis, morris, rozier etc. I mean at that point we only have GH under max money.

I mean that is a bad scenario doe to the talent drop kick off a cliff, but possible right.