Author Topic: Trade idea - Orlando - Boston  (Read 4837 times)

Re: Trade idea - Orlando - Boston
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2019, 12:51:10 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
and comparing them college to college.

Bamba had a higher fg%
BolBol had a higher 3pt %
BolBol more usage, more shots more points/game
Bamba more rebounds/game
Bamba more blocks/game

Bamba, has a longer wingspan, 7 foor 9 inches to be exact, and was 10lbs heavier at 4 inches shorter.

Bamba has shown he can play at the NBA level, and that the potential is there.

Bamba played a full college season.

BolBol brok his foot, which is the first place that crazy tall people start getting hobbled.

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2019, 12:54:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Why not just draft Bol Bol?  He's much better offensively than Bamba. And you don't have to give up so much.

I believe bol bol will be a huge bust.

That frail body will not make it in the nba. It couldnt survive half a season in college.

What they said about Durant 12 years ago. He seems to do okay.

Durant put up monster numbers in University. Monster. And played the entire time. And isnt a center.

Just biologically speaking, someone 7 foot 1 or however tall that kid is, and weighing only 87 pounds is going to have major foot, joint and back issues. compound that with he has to body up with much stronger people in the nba and I dont know. cannot see it.

Perhaps he can develop much much more footspeed and can move out the the sf spot as opposed to being a bigman, but I just dont see it.

And if anyone actually thought BolBol would turn out like Durant he would be rated #1, not 10th

I was just comparing the fact that Durant was reed thin (and still is, by the way), when you criticized that attribute of Bol.  I was not trying to say that Bol is as good as Durant.

I doubt Bol will play the 5, he is too good a shooter and ball handler. It is very unusual to see a guy with his length have such a good shooting touch, and good handle.  I can't think of anyone who ever has.

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 12:57:20 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Why not just draft Bol Bol?  He's much better offensively than Bamba. And you don't have to give up so much.

That frail body will not make it in the nba. It couldnt survive half a season in college.

What they said about Durant 12 years ago. He seems to do okay.

Durant put up monster numbers in University. Monster. And played the entire time. And isnt a center.

Just biologically speaking, someone 7 foot 1 or however tall that kid is, and weighing only 87 pounds is going to have major foot, joint and back issues. compound that with he has to body up with much stronger people in the nba and I dont know. cannot see it.

Perhaps he can develop much much more footspeed and can move out the the sf spot as opposed to being a bigman, but I just dont see it.

And if anyone actually thought BolBol would turn out like Durant he would be rated #1, not 10th

I was just comparing the fact that Durant was reed thin (and still is, by the way), when you criticized that attribute of Bol.  I was not trying to say that Bol is as good as Durant.

I doubt Bol will play the 5, he is too good a shooter and ball handler. It is very unusual to see a guy with his length have such a good shooting touch, and good handle.  I can't think of anyone who ever has.

He is too slow for sf, to small for center imo.

So lets say a PF...that is still a bang position.

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 01:04:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
No

I like rozier for Issac

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 01:08:44 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Bamba had a higher fg%
Bamba more rebounds/game
Bamba more blocks/game

Bamba, has a longer wingspan, 7 foor 9 inches to be exact, and was 10lbs heavier at 4 inches shorter.

BolBol brok his foot, which is the first place that crazy tall people start getting hobbled.

Bamba is owned by the Magic. You have no idea what it would take to acquire him in a trade.  Bol may very well be available with one of our picks (SAC or MEM if it does not roll over).   

If I had a choice between Bamba and Bol, based upon what I know, I'm not sure which one I'd take.  Bamba is clearly the better choice defensively. But is he any better than Williams in that regard? Not so far, from what I have seen.

Bol offensively has a considerably higher upside than Bamba. Much better shooter, both from 3 point range and 2 point range.  And is a much better ball handler and play maker.  Surely you will concede that.

PS  Bol Bol has a 7'8" wingspan, are you kidding by saying that Bamba wins because his wingspan is an inch longer?  Weak

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2019, 01:10:02 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
No

I like rozier for Issac

That ship sailed a long time ago.  Isaac is not going for Rozier. We would probably have to offer Brown to get a conversation started with ORL.

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2019, 01:10:45 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Bamba is one of the rare high picks this year that truly looks like a bust.
Why him out of all the guys?

Bamba is probably the big that Orlando is most ready/likely to make available - but that's also why I'd be reluctant. Orlando plays a lot better when he's not in, and I'm reading that they think he's still a long way away - assuming he gets there. This reduces my interest quite a bit.

Ditto on both. I'd take a flyer on him but not at the expense of 2 first rounders. We can use our resources better and we can also acquire better talent with them.

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2019, 01:14:11 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Maybe yes, maybe no.

Don't forget the Celts have 3 1st rounders (maybe 4, depending on where the Griz pick lands.)

They can pick the BPA with the Kings pick.

Bol Bol will still likely be available with the Clippers pick (OR maybe even the Celtics pick.)

I'd be more than willing to take a risk on Bol Bol with a pick in the late teens/early twenties.

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2019, 01:16:50 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Why spend any serious resources on a project center like Bamba?

At this point I dont' know why any franchise spends a pick higher than 20 on a pure center who isn't a sure thing two way player.

Centers are still very valuable but it seems like you're just as likely to get a contributor in the late 1st as in the lottery.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
No

I like rozier for Issac

I like a Big Mac Value meal for Rozier  ;)

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 02:46:36 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
No

I like rozier for Issac

I like a Big Mac Value meal for Rozier  ;)

I'd settle for a Taco Bell chalupa. Heck, I might send out the chalupa.

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2019, 03:15:39 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Bamba had a higher fg%
Bamba more rebounds/game
Bamba more blocks/game

Bamba is owned by the Magic. You have no idea what it would take to acquire him in a trade.  Bol may very well be available with one of our picks (SAC or MEM if it does not roll over).   

If I had a choice between Bamba and Bol, based upon what I know, I'm not sure which one I'd take.  Bamba is clearly the better choice defensively. But is he any better than Williams in that regard? Not so far, from what I have seen.

Bol offensively has a considerably higher upside than Bamba. Much better shooter, both from 3 point range and 2 point range.  And is a much better ball handler and play maker.  Surely you will concede that.

PS  Bol Bol has a 7'8" wingspan, are you kidding by saying that Bamba wins because his wingspan is an inch longer?  Weak

Bol is at his peak efficiency offensively, and is better than Bamba, no doubt.

But Bamba has good insticts and already has better footwork and better post play.

Bamba wins because he is not in that 7 foot 5 lanky range with wingspan.

I will take a 6'11 player with a 7'9" wingspan everyday over a 7foot 5 with 7'8 every day.  Alot less risk with Bambas body breaking down than bol Bols.

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2019, 03:16:35 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
And I have adjusted the original trade, I thought I had typed in the LAC pick, not the Sacramento pick.

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2019, 07:44:17 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

But how does Bamba make the the Celtics better today? If you watch the Detroit Series, Thon Maker is getting destroyed. Bamba reminds me a lot of Thon Maker. These young guys are cool and all but it’s tine us Celtics fans to understand that going young is called rebuilding. Even if no AD or no Kyrie it’s time to still look for guys with playoff experience or just good Vets in general.

Bamba, JJJ, Josh Jackson,Ayton and anyone else 22 and younger whose name is not Doncic will not get us any closer to another Banner.

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2019, 09:11:23 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
And I have adjusted the original trade, I thought I had typed in the LAC pick, not the Sacramento pick.
Which makes it even less likely that the Magic would do the deal.   They're giving up the 6 pick in the last draft and the best pick for Williams, who I really like but who was a late 1st pick, Rozier, who is just not that good and a couple of worse picks.