Author Topic: KD & Beal?  (Read 1814 times)

KD & Beal?
« on: April 07, 2019, 10:35:14 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
Assuming KD leaves Golden State...I’m also of the mindset that this whole “KD is going to New York” narrative is beneficial to the Celtics. If the Warriors think Durant will go to the Knicks, why would they risk losing him for nothing?

This might sound cold blooded but I’d consider swapping Hayward and picks (Not the MEM pick) for KD. I think Hayward is going to continue to play well throughout the playoffs. We need him to be aggressive in looking to score.

For Golden State, just as important as the talent they get back in any Kevin Durant trade, is their cap space situation. The Warriors had a one-offseason opportunity to use their remaining cap space to add a max free agent. They lucked up that offseason when they signed KD.

But with Steph Curry’s extension, and Klay/Draymond soon due for paydays, they won’t have the means to add much talent without KD. Subtracting Durant’s contract off the cap doesn’t allow GS to put that $30M to good use.

Hayward would either give GS a complimentary 3rd scorer OR the Warriors could trade him for role players/expirings, while putting an emphasis on cutting their luxury tax bill (& while adding a few picks in the process)

————
————

If Beal is made available this offseason by a new Wizards GM, the Celtics should make an offer.

How about a Rozier sign & trade, with Jaylen Brown as the centerpiece of the deal, plus picks?

With John Wall likely out the majority of next season, the Wizards could  actually use a guard like Rozier.

————
————

A lot of factors have to come into play for this to happen, but how many titles could Kyrie, Beal, Tatum, KD, & Horford win?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:07:20 PM by CsBanner18 »

Re: KD & Beal?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 10:36:51 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Doubt Wiz would trade Beal to us..we be last team they deal with
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
It doesn't really matter what the Warriors want to do; if Durant wants to go to NYK, he can just leave.

But why KD and Beal? Wouldn't KD and AD be even better? Like, if you are trading Hayward and picks to GSW, you still have Tatum, players, picks to make an AD deal. In fact, you are probably a lot more likely to convince KD to opt in and accept a trade to BOS that way. With Kyrie, Horford, and one of Smart/Brown still on the team, you would really have a super team!

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2019, 11:47:36 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Doubt Wiz would trade Beal to us..we be last team they deal with

Why? Not if we offer them a package they like

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2019, 01:15:26 PM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2484
Would the value the Warriors get in return be enough to offset the fact that they would be installing us as new title favorites for years to come?

If I'm the Warriors the last thing I want to see is KD wearing Celtic Green.

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2019, 12:23:52 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Boston will almost certainly be an apron team, and thus won't be able to acquire anyone in a sign and trade.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2019, 01:33:22 PM »

Offline CelticsPoetry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
Boston will almost certainly be an apron team, and thus won't be able to acquire anyone in a sign and trade.
What is an apron team?

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 12:05:38 PM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21

Ok, so Rozier is the one who would need to be signed, and then traded...to Washington.

Durant would have to opt into his final year (similar to Cp3 getting traded from LA to Houston) in order for Golden State to trade him. He can threaten to opt out and sign with another team, one that has cap space (like the Knicks). However, it’d benefit the Warriors if he opts in and gets traded for assets in return.

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 12:07:43 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can see the argument for and against. It's a tough call

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 01:49:28 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I thought you couldn't include another player in a sign and trade package.

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 02:24:23 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
If I'm the new Washington GM, I'm using Beal to get out of Wall and hitting the reset button.
The only color that matters is GREEN