Author Topic: 95% Chance' Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving Join NY” Stephen A  (Read 9215 times)

Re: 95% Chance' Kevin Durant, Kyrie Irving Join NY” Stephen A
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2019, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Smith is now saying it is the Knicks and only the Knicks. He said he got texts from people close to Kyrie saying first of all, he is never going to LA to play with Lebron and that is beyond ludicrous and second, Durant and Kyrie to Knicks is a done deal barring something crazy happening. Will be funny when Kyrie does not go to NY..we can come back to Smith's razor sharp reporting quoting anonymous family members and friends of Kyrie as their source. :)

Decided not to link to his new article as well as we don't need to support that guy!

« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2019, 01:12:19 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
Smith is now saying it is the Knicks and only the Knicks. He said he got texts from people close to Kyrie saying first of all, he is never going to LA to play with Lebron and that is beyond ludicrous and second, Durant and Kyrie to Knicks is a done deal barring something crazy happening. Will be funny when Kyrie does not go to NY..we can come back to Smith's razor sharp reporting quoting anonymous family members and friends of Kyrie as their source. :)

Decided not to link to his new article as well as we don't need to support that guy!

So what about when it does happen? What should we do then?

« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2019, 01:13:08 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Build around the young guys.
Tell Rozier to leave
Either make the picks or package them for a vet or to trade up.

Wait out the Warriors.

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2019, 01:14:01 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Lol already changing his story. What a dummy. Why people give this guy any attention is beyond me.

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2019, 01:17:05 PM »

• Don Nelson

If Kyrie is gone, I first try a hail mary to see I can steal Durant from GSW with a sign and trade and see if that stops Kyrie bolting. If that fails, I would wait until 2021 when we can sign 2 max contracts and choose from some of those amazing free agents from that class and let Brown and Tatum grow a bit more in their game.

« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2019, 01:17:23 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Help Kyrie pack his bags. If he prefers to go to the Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.show that is the New York Knicks and play second fiddle to KD, then he clearly isn’t the player to lead us to the promised land.

Besides, unless we trade for AD or get some other kind of major addition in conjunction with Kyrie resigning, then I don’t want him back anyways. He’s not good enough himself to get us where we need to go.

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2019, 01:17:51 PM »

• Don Nelson

Lol already changing his story. What a dummy. Why people give this guy any attention is beyond me.

It is amusing. If a blind man throws a thousand darts at a dart board, one might hit the bullseye eventually.

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2019, 01:21:29 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff

Help Kyrie pack his bags. If he prefers to go to the ****show that is the New York Knicks and play second fiddle to KD, then he clearly isn’t the player to lead us to the promised land.

Besides, unless we trade for AD or get some other kind of major addition in conjunction with Kyrie resigning, then I don’t want him back anyways. He’s not good enough himself to get us where we need to go.

Yes, I agree. It just seems funny to me that people are calling Stephen A. not credible at all, but then in their next sentences are saying Kyrie is definitely going to re-sign/do something else.

Anyone who thinks Kyrie is excited to come back to Boston is not credible in my book. Also he made a promise to stay in Boston less than a year ago and changed his mind. The guy is clearly immature and doesn't know what he wants. I want him gone.

« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2019, 01:38:59 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Help Kyrie pack his bags. If he prefers to go to the ****show that is the New York Knicks and play second fiddle to KD, then he clearly isn’t the player to lead us to the promised land.

Yes, I agree. It just seems funny to me that people are calling Stephen A. not credible at all, but then in their next sentences are saying Kyrie is definitely going to re-sign/do something else.

Anyone who thinks Kyrie is excited to come back to Boston is not credible in my book. Also he made a promise to stay in Boston less than a year ago and changed his mind. The guy is clearly immature and doesn't know what he wants. I want him gone.

People need to be realistic. I took a job once that I loved at first, I saw myself there for a really long time. But things changed and going to work every day was a trudge and I was extremely unhappy. Was I immature for exploring other options?
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2019, 01:42:13 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
People need to be realistic. I took a job once that I loved at first, I saw myself there for a really long time. But things changed and going to work every day was a trudge and I was extremely unhappy. Was I immature for exploring other options?

No, you weren't.

However, if you showed up to key meetings with a pout on your face, if you deflected the blame constantly even though you told all your shareholders you were the brains behind the operation, and if you talked bad about your co-workers to anyone that would listen...then I would call you immature.

That seems to be what Kyrie did.

« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2019, 01:57:13 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
I mean, Kyrie should probably come out and say that he hasn’t decided yet and is still considering re-signing with Boston. Right?

He should say something in the next week. Let people know where he stands. Let fans know.

I doubt he will though. Usually he lets the media storm last for awhile first. I think he enjoys all the attention - no matter how hard he contests that publicly - because there have been lots of occasions in the past where he could have shut down stories in the press but chose not to for inordinately long times.

Literally no FA has had to respond to rumors to "let people know where he stands" ahead of FA. Not Lebron, not KD, not Gordon. Why is one guy judged by a completely different set of standards?

If he doesn't say something in May, he likes the attention? Meanwhile, he's dropped off the grid, he's not doing media rounds and his family isn't subtweeting or posting passive aggressive things on other social media platforms like other guys. Okay.

True, but no other player made a televised announcement to fans earlier in the season stating that they would be staying. Not saying anything at this point, is saying something...
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2019, 01:58:46 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I mean, Kyrie should probably come out and say that he hasn’t decided yet and is still considering re-signing with Boston. Right?

He should say something in the next week. Let people know where he stands. Let fans know.

I doubt he will though. Usually he lets the media storm last for awhile first. I think he enjoys all the attention - no matter how hard he contests that publicly - because there have been lots of occasions in the past where he could have shut down stories in the press but chose not to for inordinately long times.

Literally no FA has had to respond to rumors to "let people know where he stands" ahead of FA. Not Lebron, not KD, not Gordon. Why is one guy judged by a completely different set of standards?

If he doesn't say something in May, he likes the attention? Meanwhile, he's dropped off the grid, he's not doing media rounds and his family isn't subtweeting or posting passive aggressive things on other social media platforms like other guys. Okay.

True, but no other player made a televised announcement to fans earlier in the season stating that they would be staying. Not saying anything at this point, is saying something...

Technically, it wasn't a televised event. It was a season ticket holder event.

And there was always the qualifier, "if you guys would have me back..."
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Does not explain away the Nike commercial...

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2019, 02:07:55 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Does not explain away the Nike commercial...

As I said before, he could've had every intention of resigning (he may still, we don't know), but he's allowed to reconsider his options if things changed for him. A 4 or 5 year deal would take him through his prime, he should spend it in a situation he actually wants to be in and the CBA gives him and every other player that freedom. A verbal commitment does not a contract make.
2021 Houston Rockets

« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2019, 02:15:07 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

So he went from saying 95% chance to 100%? That’s not really changing his prediction.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.