Author Topic: wow bobby orr  (Read 1030 times)

wow bobby orr
« on: October 02, 2016, 05:33:28 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
what a sports city horford has come to,
we get spoiled seeing all past celtic greats around bostons organization,so to see  bobby orr  gets a" wow its bobby orr" from me
what a tribute to papi from athletes of boston
when i was a kid ted williams was my favorite baseball player and the the shift they played on him nd the long right field
then russell/cousy/sam jones and reds cigar
then bobby orr and that famous photo
-now i got papi and  brady to put up there
all these celebrations of sports excellence  is helping the celtics as a destination for free agents
this is best sport city in world

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:22:17 AM by rollie mass »

Re: wow bobby orr
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 10:59:41 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I remember be genuinely surprised when Horford signed. At least 10 teams must have been offering the max, including Atlanta. One wonders why he decided to move really (Teague thing maybe?), but the whole "sports mecca" thing seems to have had some effect at the very least. Certainly Jae and Isaiah had an effect, but possibly Papi and maybe even Hanley.

Really excited to see what happens this year: the most excited since '07.

Gotta think that Blake would seriously consider a move east if the Clips fall apart this year.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Re: wow bobby orr
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 124
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
I know others will disagree but here goes:  We don't need all the distraction and turmoil Blake would bring.  We are doing great with our current plan:  building thru the draft.  Kinda glad Durant didn't come, would have ruined current chemistry with everyone deferring to him.