Beyond the Association > Other Basketball

WNBA to Boston - Wyc Hopes

(1/2) > >>

boscel33:
Interesting, specially where he gets to the point about the C's not owning the Garden.  I know that's pain point has been mentioned on the forum before, as it reduces the income stream.  Wish they had worked on building their own arena before they extended in 2021 for 15 years.

Have to say, WTH was Wyc thinking?  He should have been working on a plan before the extension to build.  He's from the area, he could have gotten it done.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/a-wnba-team-could-be-coming-to-boston/ar-AA1i75Nv?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2072b7e7a0614492bdcad13ecfcbf26a&ei=18

Kernewek:
I think the appetite for the Celtics having another arena is fairly low in Boston, but I could be wrong.

Here’s why I say that: For one thing, it’s unlikely he’d get the kind of deal that owners prefer for building new arenas. For another thing, where are you going to put them that is as convenient as the current Garden?

(Second one is an honest question, since I haven’t lived in Boston for a very long time and I didn’t live there for very long anyway).

Donoghus:
Would the Connecticut Sun be cool with a WNBA team in Boston?  Is Boston even on the WNBA radar?

Donoghus:

--- Quote from: Kernewek on October 12, 2023, 03:00:16 PM ---I think the appetite for the Celtics having another arena is fairly low in Boston, but I could be wrong.

Here’s why I say that: For one thing, it’s unlikely he’d get the kind of deal that owners prefer for building new arenas. For another thing, where are you going to put them that is as convenient as the current Garden?

(Second one is an honest question, since I haven’t lived in Boston for a very long time and I didn’t live there for very long anyway).

--- End quote ---

I think they'd face a steep uphill battle.  Especially to get it built in the city of Boston.

See Megaplex, New Fenway, 2024 Summer Olympics, etc....

boscel33:

--- Quote from: Donoghus on October 12, 2023, 03:04:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Kernewek on October 12, 2023, 03:00:16 PM ---I think the appetite for the Celtics having another arena is fairly low in Boston, but I could be wrong.

--- End quote ---

I think they'd face a steep uphill battle.  Especially to get it built in the city of Boston.

See Megaplex, New Fenway, 2024 Summer Olympics, etc....

--- End quote ---

They had the property for the New Fenway.  The buyer of the Dodgers had the land in South Boston on the harbor.  It would have been like San Fran.  That said, the best spot is probably the spot in Sommerville that the Revs are also trying to get for an all soccer stadium.  That and the site of the old Everett Power Plant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version