Author Topic: Rumor: Suns Want Brogdon  (Read 4604 times)

Re: Rumor: Suns Want Brogdon
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2023, 02:05:15 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
is there anybody the suns arent interested in right now?

Chris Paul

Lol tp

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2023, 03:35:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
C’s probably wouldn’t love Ayton and his contract because he doesn’t spread the floor. They already have Williams.

I would love seeing them make a play for Porzingis. If Beal gets moved, there’s no reason to keep him in Washington. He shot .385 from deep, and you’d have to think he’d get better looks in Boston than he did with the Wizards. And he’s still only 27 so he fits with our timeline.

I know three-team deals rarely come to fruition, but Brogdon and assets to PHX, Ayton and assets to WAS, and Porzingis to BOS makes some sense for all teams.

Porzingas is also very fragile.   I would have Ayton for that reason.   

"

Same. Ayton > Porzingis due to health.

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2023, 04:15:41 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I know people keep looking for bigs who can shoot the three.    I don't mind that, but I would like some more tactical options on the court.   This endless live and die by three  is insane.   Why not get a big who can play in the post to force that zone MIA plays to react.   A big that can attack it by splitting the seams sneak behind it for lobsor kick it out when the zone collapses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbTuQjav_Z8

Ayton has a jump hook and is a lob threat.

How many times are we going to let our three point shooting be the sole factor in our winning or losing?

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2023, 04:18:53 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I am not very high on Ayton, but who knows, there are always reasons players don't have a bigger impact on certain teams.
If this rumor ends up being real, hopefully the C's know more about the situation than us fans.
As fans we like players on other teams better than our own probably because we watch our guys more and know their flaws.

Ayton is not a good fit for the Celtics He's got a lousy attitude and wouldn't play for a coach that everyone loves these days in Monte Williams (though I think he's overrated too). Supposedly it was personal between them. But the genesis was the perception that Ayton is lazy.

I wouldn't want this clown anywhere near the Celtics.  And Brogdon is fine as long as they can keep him healthy. Though with Joe calling the shots...that's far from a given.

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2023, 04:19:28 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
I am not very high on Ayton, but who knows, there are always reasons players don't have a bigger impact on certain teams.
If this rumor ends up being real, hopefully the C's know more about the situation than us fans.
As fans we like players on other teams better than our own probably because we watch our guys more and know their flaws.

Ayton is not a good fit for the Celtics He's got a lousy attitude and wouldn't play for a coach that everyone loves these days in Monty Williams (though I think he's overrated too). Supposedly it was personal between them. But the genesis was the perception that Ayton is lazy.

I wouldn't want this clown anywhere near the Celtics.  And Brogdon is fine as long as they can keep him healthy. Though with Joe calling the shots...that's far from a given.

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2023, 04:36:12 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 880
I saw a trade idea where IND gets Ayton, we get Turner, and PHX gets Brogdon (other small pieces involved). This gives us a more established (but still young) option at Center, PHX gets Brogdon as reported, and IND finally gets Ayton after PHX matched their max contract offer last offseason.

Also, Turner has 2 years/$40M left on his contract, so much more dealable in terms of salary.

We know that Indy likes Ayton, they signed him to an offer sheet.  How about:

Boston gets:   Turner + Nwora
Indy gets:      Ayton
PHX gets:      Brogdon + Gallinari

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2023, 10:14:36 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
Getting back to the Suns interest in Brogdon, it seems like there are 3 reasonably realistic pathways with this.  One is straight up with PHX, say something like:

Brogdon + Gallinari
for
Ayton

Another is to steer Ayton to IND where he had signed an offer sheet.  Perhaps:

Brogdon + Gallinari to PHX
Ayton to IND
Turner + Nwora to BOS

The last is something with WAS, thinking that PHX is also interested in Beal (which I have some doubts about but it has been reported I think).  I am going leave the Beal part alone but it is possible that WAS would take Ayton as an upgrade to Porzingis as part of their rebuild mode:

Brogdon + Gallinari to PHX
Ayton to WAS
Porzingis to BOS

If we trade Gallinari, it probably means we need to resign/match Grant.  Muscala could be sent out in place of Gallinari and all these still work.  Lesser player but less salary to PHX.

3 trades that swaps some of our combo guard depth for a starting level big.  Somehow, I think the IND deal is the most likely.  We know they like Ayton.  Turner and Nwora is a good return for us.  Assumes the report that PHX likes Brogdon is true, which seems reasonable.

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2023, 10:47:35 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 418
Love to have Turner on this team
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2023, 06:40:47 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I would probably think it safe to say that the Beal deal has kyboshed any Brogdon to Phoenix move, especially if it is true that Beal specifically wants to play with Ayton.

I assume we are still actively looking to move one of the guards (that isn't Pritchard), but maybe not. Could just be more bluster
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2023, 07:11:20 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Love to have Turner on this team

Please god. No.

« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2023, 07:14:47 PM »

Online cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 371
I would probably think it safe to say that the Beal deal has kyboshed any Brogdon to Phoenix move, especially if it is true that Beal specifically wants to play with Ayton.

I assume we are still actively looking to move one of the guards (that isn't Pritchard), but maybe not. Could just be more bluster

I think Pritchard is the guard they are looking to move. I doubt they would move Pritchard and THEN another guard. you go from 4 solid guards to one injury away from not having enough guards.

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2023, 07:57:10 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I think Pritchard is the guard they are looking to move. I doubt they would move Pritchard and THEN another guard. you go from 4 solid guards to one injury away from not having enough guards.
Does PP factor into our thinking that much? I rate him highly, and agree that he’s a solid guard. But Joe seems to not view him as much more than a 10th man.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2023, 09:16:03 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley

I agree that PHX has probably lost their interest in Brogdon.  More likely if they trade Ayton, it is to IND for Turner and a depth piece or two.  That now makes a lot more sense than Brogdon and say Gallinari.

I suspect that we are still exploring options to move one of Smart, White, Brogdon in order to get a big and balance the roster.

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2023, 07:25:40 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
If I can get Ayton for Brogdon and whatever else, yeah, I'm all over that, and not because I love Brogdon, but I do really like Pritchard and have since he was drafted.  He now becomes the shooter off the bench (40% from 3).  If Pritchard is dealt, so be it, think it's just another wasted first by this organization. 
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."