Author Topic: "Surprise" picks at 16 that wouldn't surprise you  (Read 6610 times)

Re: "Surprise" picks at 16 that wouldn't surprise you
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2013, 12:03:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
some interesting choices here. but i think if ainge is thinking of drafting one of this crew, it is likely he will move down in the draft (20s) to pick up a second round pick from teams that want to move up to #16.

the cavaliers, oklahoma, or atlanta might be willing to give a second rounder to move up to #16. each has at least one second round pick AND a first round pick in the higher teens or twenties.

if ainge thinks the talent from #16 to #30 is about the same, why not trade #16 if it gets you a good player AND a second round pick.

this will be an interesting draft for ainge.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 01:53:55 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
my new surprise pick is Lucas “Bebe” Nogueira.

The Celtics worked him out in 2011 before he dropped out of that draft. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that they have been following him since then.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2013, 01:56:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
my new surprise pick is Lucas “Bebe” Nogueira.

The Celtics worked him out in 2011 before he dropped out of that draft. Wouldn't be surprised to hear that they have been following him since then.
His work out video made him look pretty good. I wouldn't be upset with that pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Coming totally out of left field would be DA drafting Archie Goodwin. Think about it highly rated in high school, good size for SG, good athlete, and he underperformed in college.

But at #16 thats not happening and shouldn't happen

My other picks for surprises would be

Ricky Ledo
Karasev
Erick Green

I think his current likely list is 1.Schroeder 2.Larkin 3.Adams 4.Dieng 5.Plumlee in that order

Yeah Goodwin's a good surprise choice for the reasons you mention.  Agree he seems to have dropped too far down to reach for.

And you, Soul Jax and now Chad Ford are onto Ledo as a surprise Danny pick...

BPA is my mantra for this range. If Ledo can show that his scoring will translate to the NBA then sign me up. His character issues scare me worse then someone like Kabongo's though. An anonymous Provience staff member had this to say on him...

"he's the single worst human being I'd ever been associated with on a basketball court", "program killer"

Sounds like sour grapes but its also not like he is ESL like Fab to help explain his academic failure. I'd question his character and desire, but in terms his ability to put the ball in the hoop hes a rare talent for this range.

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 03:12:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
BPA is my mantra for this range. If Ledo can show that his scoring will translate to the NBA then sign me up. His character issues scare me worse then someone like Kabongo's though. An anonymous Provience staff member had this to say on him...

"he's the single worst human being I'd ever been associated with on a basketball court", "program killer"

Sounds like sour grapes but its also not like he is ESL like Fab to help explain his academic failure. I'd question his character and desire, but in terms his ability to put the ball in the hoop hes a rare talent for this range.

This guy is bitter or "butthurt" as they call it
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"