Poll

If Wiseman or Okongwu are not available by the 6th or 7th pick... still trade up?

No.  Keep the 14, 26, 30 picks
5 (25%)
yes and draft - Hayes
5 (25%)
yes and draft - Haliburton
3 (15%)
yes and draft - Okoro
0 (0%)
yes and draft - Achiuwa
2 (10%)
yes and draft - (insert name)
5 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: If Wiseman or Okongwu are not available by the 6th or 7th pick...still trade up?  (Read 6922 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
In this draft I lean toward taking three swings instead of one. But this roster being what it is, if the Celtics did value a single player in the top 10 I'd be ok with it.

Who are your 3 picks?

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Danny has to hit at least a double in this draft

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Killian Hayes would be my target if we trade in the 6-9 range if Okongwu is gone.

I like Okoro, and Vassel but I don't know if I would feel comfortable giving up 3 firsts for those guys though.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
In this draft I lean toward taking three swings instead of one. But this roster being what it is, if the Celtics did value a single player in the top 10 I'd be ok with it.

Who are your 3 picks?

14. Kira Lewis or RJ Hampton
26. Bolmaro
30. Best available big

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Who are your 3 picks?

14. Kira Lewis or RJ Hampton
26. Bolmaro
30. Best available big

If you draft Lewis why also Bolmaro? Isnt he also a pg?

Best big at 30 is probably Isaiah Stewart.  The more you think about it, he wouldnt fit under CBS

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
We need more size and we need more scoring.  Nobody is talking about him but I'd go for Toppin in that 6-10 range.  His defense is questioned.  But he is a solid 6'9 power forward who can score from all parts of the floor. 

Great wingspan at 7'2, good pick and roll game that will translate well to the NBA, and can stretch the defense with the 3-ball.  Kind of an ideal big man for a Brad Stevens offense.
https://ca.nba.com/news/nba-draft-2020-obi-toppin-scouting-report-strengths-weaknesses-and-player-comparison/17xgbpjulp22613erolxqvmrsd

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
We need more size and we need more scoring.  Nobody is talking about him but I'd go for Toppin in that 6-10 range.  His defense is questioned.  But he is a solid 6'9 power forward who can score from all parts of the floor. 

Great wingspan at 7'2, good pick and roll game that will translate well to the NBA, and can stretch the defense with the 3-ball.  Kind of an ideal big man for a Brad Stevens offense.
https://ca.nba.com/news/nba-draft-2020-obi-toppin-scouting-report-strengths-weaknesses-and-player-comparison/17xgbpjulp22613erolxqvmrsd
Less than ideal defensively though. Imo it's really difficult to build a championship calibre team if one of your main bigs are sieves defensively - you'll have to surround him with really good defenders and still run the risk of getting high PnRed to death (at least with guards it's a bit more difficult for opposing teams to hunt the mismatch, it often ends up in isolation possessions that aren't necessarily great offence if your defence knows how to stunt and help).
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I hear what you're saying.  But offense only bigs still have value when they are relatively young.  Just look at Kevin Love, he was a key piece in the Cavaliers Championship team.   And defensively you could argue that Love was a liability with his lumbering feet. Of course the Cavs had Lebron who was the main piece but their big three was Lebron, Love, and Irving.

Can the Celtics win with a big 3 of Tatum, Brown, and Toppin?  Don't forget we also have Kemba Walker so we kind of have a big 4.  You can hide defensive weaknesses, but if you don't have the scoring down the stretch you can't win games.  And I feel like the Celtics lack any kind of big man scoring quality and Toppin would provide that.  There were stretches against the Heat when the Celtics went ice cold from the perimeter and they had no big guy they could just give it to score some easy buckets inside.  Meanwhile Bam Adebayo got a ton of easy scores inside against us based on size alone.