Author Topic: New Ringer Mock Draft - C's Trying to Trade  (Read 6488 times)

New Ringer Mock Draft - C's Trying to Trade
« on: November 03, 2020, 10:06:15 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
Reporting here that at 14, C's take RJ Hampton (which I like), but also trying to trade to get higher.

"The Celtics have offered their three first-round picks (nos. 14, 26, and 30) in trades to try and move up, according to multiple league sources. So far, no one is biting. If the Celtics stay here, Hampton would make sense because he could serve as a spark-plug scorer off the bench. If Gordon Hayward were to leave Boston, secondary shot creation would be needed sooner rather than later."

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/#mock
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

Re: New Ringer Mock Draft - C's Trying to Trade
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2020, 10:25:55 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Reporting here that at 14, C's take RJ Hampton (which I like), but also trying to trade to get higher.

"The Celtics have offered their three first-round picks (nos. 14, 26, and 30) in trades to try and move up, according to multiple league sources. So far, no one is biting. If the Celtics stay here, Hampton would make sense because he could serve as a spark-plug scorer off the bench. If Gordon Hayward were to leave Boston, secondary shot creation would be needed sooner rather than later."

Not a fan of the picks.

Two guards with questionable shooting capability at this time.

I hope that Jalen Smith is still available at 14

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2020, 10:46:12 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
I still firmly believe that team will end up dealing Hayward(Edwards and Poirier#30) to Dallas for Wright, THJ, #18, #31

Not sure if team keeps wright or flips him elsewhere, but the prize of the deal is THJ (off the bench, expiring vet shooter) and #18

14- Hampton
18 - Smith or Oturu
26-Woodard
30-traded to Dallas
31 - Tillie or Reed or Tillman
47 - Joe or Hinton or Scrubb

Kemba/Hampton/Waters
Smart/THJ/Hinton
Brown/Romeo/Woodard
Tatum/GrantW/Tillie
Timelord/Theis/Smith

Team is able to win now with the same team that got them to the ECFs. That team has an actual shooter off the bench, hopefully a healthy and improved Romeo and some rookies that should make an impact right away. 3 deep at each position to create internal competition that should improve all the young guys.

Romeo-Woodard
Grant-Tillie
Smith-Timelord
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2020, 11:47:11 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I still firmly believe that team will end up dealing Hayward(Edwards and Poirier#30) to Dallas for Wright, THJ, #18, #31

Not sure if team keeps wright or flips him elsewhere, but the prize of the deal is THJ (off the bench, expiring vet shooter) and #18

14- Hampton
18 - Smith or Oturu
26-Woodard
30-traded to Dallas

Kemba/Hampton/Waters
Smart/THJ/Hinton
Brown/Romeo/Woodard
Tatum/GrantW/Tillie
Timelord/Theis/Smith

Team is able to win now with the same team that got them to the ECFs. That team has an actual shooter off the bench, hopefully a healthy and improved Romeo and some rookies that should make an impact right away. 3 deep at each position to create internal competition that should improve all the young guys.

Romeo-Woodard
Grant-Tillie
Smith-Timelord

So you would trade Hayward for Tim Hardaway and the 18th pick?

I think you’re selling low.

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2020, 11:56:28 AM »

Offline BMark

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 16

14- Hampton
18 - Smith or Oturu
26-Woodard
30-traded to Dallas

Kemba/Hampton/Waters
Smart/THJ/Hinton
Brown/Romeo/Woodard
Tatum/GrantW/Tillie
Timelord/Theis/Smith

Romeo-Woodard
Grant-Tillie
Smith-Timelord

So you would trade Hayward for Tim Hardaway and the 18th pick?

I think you’re selling low.

I disagree that this trade is selling low, given GH's injury history, age and expected contract demands.  THJ would be a good 6th man option off the bench and Wright is a solid backup point guard.  We would keep the 14th pick and add another pick that we could use on Poku, for instance.

I also think that the 31st pick is more valuable than the 30th, given that it is a second round pick and the Cs would not be required to offer guaranteed $

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2020, 12:01:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Sounds like nobody wants to play with the Celtics/Danny.  I wonder at the 6-8 range ,  which prospects Danny likes from this draft

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2020, 12:24:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
At 14 I’m ok with Hampton, Maxey, Terry, or Cole Anthony on the condition that he looks a lot more explosive than he did while battling that knee injury at UNC.

Still hoping we can trade up for Okongwu, Hayes or even Haliburton or Vassel.

Only guys I desperately want to avoid are Jalen Smith and Poku. Nesmith too.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2020, 12:25:16 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

14- Hampton
18 - Smith or Oturu
26-Woodard
30-traded to Dallas

Kemba/Hampton/Waters
Smart/THJ/Hinton
Brown/Romeo/Woodard
Tatum/GrantW/Tillie
Timelord/Theis/Smith

Romeo-Woodard
Grant-Tillie
Smith-Timelord
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a hard time understanding who is being talked about when someone posts initials.  THJ?  I'm an avid fantasy basketball player and I even have Tim Hardaway Jr. on my fantasy team, and I had no idea who you were talking about. 

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2020, 12:55:46 PM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
From an apparent insider:

I was fed a bit of info on the Boston thing and I just verified I'm okay to share it. Boston has been very quiet in the background gauging interest in their picks. They could even trade 2 of their picks for an unprotected (or top 3 protected) future pick. Boston would love to be rid of Hayward at this point and would give away a pick to drop Hayward and bring back a lower priced / better fit replacement.
'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2020, 01:01:46 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

14- Hampton
18 - Smith or Oturu
26-Woodard
30-traded to Dallas

Kemba/Hampton/Waters
Smart/THJ/Hinton
Brown/Romeo/Woodard
Tatum/GrantW/Tillie
Timelord/Theis/Smith

Romeo-Woodard
Grant-Tillie
Smith-Timelord
Is it just me, or does anyone else have a hard time understanding who is being talked about when someone posts initials.  THJ?  I'm an avid fantasy basketball player and I even have Tim Hardaway Jr. on my fantasy team, and I had no idea who you were talking about.

THJ is Hardaway jr.  .... I was initially confused also

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2020, 01:03:10 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I was fed a bit of info on the Boston thing and I just verified I'm okay to share it. Boston has been very quiet in the background gauging interest in their picks. They could even trade 2 of their picks for an unprotected (or top 3 protected) future pick. Boston would love to be rid of Hayward at this point and would give away a pick to drop Hayward and bring back a lower priced / better fit replacement.

Celtic Thug?  CROTOR?  Deli Guy?

We have a long history on this board of alleged insiders just making crap up.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2020, 01:17:00 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

Forgive me if I find this "insider" stuff hard to believe.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2020, 01:35:17 PM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

Pulling together two ringer rumors. I can see a scenario where Ball is available at 4 to the Bulls with the top 3 off the board being Edwards, Wiseman and Okongwu/Advija. Then the Bulls create a bidding war for Ball between NY and Detriot (ringer reporting this possibility). The loosing team in this bidding war then becomes a logical trade down partner with the Celtics.

1. Minn         Edwards
2. Warriros      Wiseman
3. Hornets      Okongwu
4. Knicks         Ball (trade #8 +????)
5. Cavs           Toppin
6. ATL             Haliburton
7.Celtics          Hayes (trade 14,26,30)
8. Bulls           Advija
9. Wizards     Okoro

Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2020, 01:37:49 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

Forgive me if I find this "insider" stuff hard to believe.

That this really came from some insider is questionable but the actual content is not so surprising.  They have 3 picks that they don't really need so trading for future or consolidating makes perfect sense.  Also, I am all for trading Hayward for a "better fit replacement" so long as that means a big with some skill.  Again, not surprising at all.  There have been tons of speculation here and elsewhere about trading Hayward for Turner, Gorbert, etc.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2020, 01:40:38 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
The 26th and 30th for the 6th, 7th or 8th pick just seems implausible to me.  Is there any precedent for something like this that I’m overlooking?

Four #1s couldn’t get us from 16th to 9th in 2015 (thank God).  I just don’t see the appeal of two very late first rounders.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes