Author Topic: Congratulations To Kemba For Being Named An All-Star Starter In The East!  (Read 3043 times)

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!

I think they got it right overall in terms of the starters. Massive props to Doncic and Trae Young for making it too. Well deserved.

I'm curious to see what the rest of the roster will look like and if Brown and/or Tatum make it (and Tacko  :P )
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
When was the last time the Cs had an all-star starter. Was it Bird? Did KG get in? I forgot. PP was an all-star for a while but he is not popular enough, esp back then when it was purely fan voting.

Scratch that, I forgot about Kyrie.

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
How did Kemba overtook Cryrie?

Or did the coaches and media swayed enough votes to get him in it?

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm glad at least one of the Celtics got a starting spot, even if it wasn't the best player on the team (Tatum).  Kemba is a worthy choice, though, given the best PG in the east has barely played so far this year.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo

Well for one, Kyrie only played a few games. Second, the Celtics had a better record and 3rd, a lot of stock is put on the differences between this year and last. Their fan votes were very close enough for player and media votes to sway.

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!

Well for one, Kyrie only played a few games. Second, the Celtics had a better record and 3rd, a lot of stock is put on the differences between this year and last. Their fan votes were very close enough for player and media votes to sway.

Yeah fan voting in general is a joke. As much as we laugh about it, having guys like Caruso, Tacko Fall, etc. over a bunch of other guys is extremely ridiculous. Keep in mind that All-Star nominations can also play into Hall of Fame cases (if one gets in or not especially those who are "on the bubble").

Maybe Butler could be consider a snub, but other than that, this looks solid.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline celticsbaby89

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

players vote him n.1 and the media also put him at n.1 ,,, by the way trae young has no business starting

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Love that Trae was selected, he deserves a spot with how thin the East's guards are.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48
Great work Kemba! So happy I am able to ENJOY watching celtics basketball again.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
I'm glad at least one of the Celtics got a starting spot, even if it wasn't the best player on the team (Tatum).  Kemba is a worthy choice, though, given the best PG in the east has barely played so far this year.

Eh Tatum isnt close to being the best player on the team. Tatum is great, deserving of an all-star spot. But he is more inconsistent, selfish and inefficient than Walker and Brown. I mean in terms of true shooting, Tatum only beats out Smart among our top 8 players, while Brown is second only to Kanter.

Its also no question that Kemba is our best player. That Laker game was a good example. In that game, our ball movement started from Kemba's penetration and unselfishness.

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 552
The media had Butler 3rd in the front court.  The players had him 6th behind Bam and Tatum. 

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
So glad Kemba made it. Would've been so disappointing to see Kyrie take his spot. However, I just can't justify giving a guy whose team is one of the worst in the league a starter spot, no matter how little it is Trae's fault. As much as I hate him, the spot probably should have went to Lowry... Or Brown if I squint really hard with my green-tinted glasses on.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

Online Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Are they back to playing East vs West or will it be another Giannis vs Lebron pickup game?  If its E vs W, the West is going to blow them away.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Are they back to playing East vs West or will it be another Giannis vs Lebron pickup game?  If its E vs W, the West is going to blow them away.
99% sure it’s still that same captain’s pick type deal
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Giannis and Embiid might be too much size for the West to handle

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)