Author Topic: We are going to be better than people think  (Read 30859 times)

Re: We are going to be better than people think
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2014, 12:46:43 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
We are the worse than every team in our division except for Philadelphia

Fixed it for you.

Want to bet?

I'll take that bet under one caveat: you're not allowed to try and prove your own correctness by using PER.  ;)

I wasn't talking to you.

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2014, 01:34:20 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I wasn't talking to you.
It's a public forum, you're talking to everyone by default.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2014, 02:47:34 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Chris22 I will gladly take that bet. If the Celtics are not the second worse or worst team in the division this season I will post whatever you want as my avatar or signature. If I win I get to pick your avatar and signature, effective from when this season ends until the 2015-2016 begins.

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2014, 02:52:44 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156

Fixed it for you.

I really think the Knicks are going to be horrendous. Even worse than last year.

Calderon gives them a true PG so I think  this could help their team tremendously. I dont think they will be worse than last year, maybe the same but not worse.

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2014, 05:14:54 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377

Fixed it for you.

I really think the Knicks are going to be horrendous. Even worse than last year.

Calderon gives them a true PG so I think  this could help their team tremendously. I dont think they will be worse than last year, maybe the same but not worse.

I really can't speak for Dalembert's current condition, but Stoudamire and Bargnani are just miserable at this point, especially defensively. I like our guards and our bigs over NY's.

Anyways, I want in on these bets! You, D.o.s,, and anyone else interested. Straight up W-L record Boston/New York....I have no creative ideas for wagers....

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2014, 05:15:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
TP's are easiest. I bet New York finishes the year with five or more wins than Boston. (  :'( )
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Fixed it for you.

Calderon is now 33, and is not all that good anymore.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2014, 05:44:46 PM »

Offline Jesus Shuttlesworth #20

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 28
"We" are going to be better? This is awesome! Someone who is actually on the Celtics is posting on here!

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2014, 05:52:26 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
TP's are easiest. I bet New York finishes the year with five or more wins than Boston. (  :'( )

I haven't been involved in any prior TP bets but how about a set amount for winning and then an additional maybe 5 TP's per win differential?

And if we did finish 5 games behind the Knicks I could live with it. I'd figure we'd have a lot of ping pong balls in what appears to be a top heavy draft (at this early stage). I guess I can put a happy spin on anything.

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Yeah dude, 5 + 5 for the increment sounds good to me.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2014, 06:12:31 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
http://en.hispanosnba.com/teams/comparison

Says 4th

Remember teams didn't finalize rosters until today so the most up to date site probably has the right numbers. Not sure which site that is but we did cut Bynum today.
Keep in mind that Young at 19 is probably not going to play more than a few garbage minutes unless he is remarkably good this year and, although, he is going to play 20 year old Smart could sit out all year and probably not lose the C's a single game. If you take those two out, the C's average age jumps to nearly 26! Also, the C's have NO really OLD players on the squad. The elder statesman is Wallace and he's something like 32.

The C's key players, their starters and all but Smart coming off the bench, are old enough so that inexperience should be less of a factor this year.

Sully and Zeller are in their 3rd year, Bradley is in his 5th. Those are young veterans who should be showing consistency and have learned (or be learning this year) how to win...hold a lead, or come back at the end of games. 

Bass, Green and Rondo are in their 9th or 10th years (I think). These are veterans in their prime. They have been around long enough to know what's what.

Key backups like Turner and Thornton are also young vets and should play like that.

Only, Olynyk, Smart, Young, Pressey and Powell fall into the really young category. Of that bunch Olynyk and Smart should be in the heavy rotation, but both of them are considered to be high BBIQ type players and neither *has* to be on the court in crunch time if inexperience becomes a factor...which I don't think it will.

Favarani is a wild card and Wallace probably won't get off the bench, but when it comes to age and experience I think the C's are in pretty good shape. That won't be why they lose games this year. It might be lack of talent, but not because they are "too young." IMO, anyway.

« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2014, 06:21:56 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Chris22 I will gladly take that bet. If the Celtics are not the second worse or worst team in the division this season I will post whatever you want as my avatar or signature. If I win I get to pick your avatar and signature, effective from when this season ends until the 2015-2016 begins.

You don't have to do that.
Just a Tommy Point will do.
I respect you greatly.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:22:53 PM by Chris22 »

« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2014, 08:52:10 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
1/164th of the season completed.  Looking fairly good so far. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2014, 09:22:21 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Our post defense is bad, watching the game, I saw Sully get beat numerous times.   He is ok in other aspects of the game.

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2014, 09:57:51 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
1/164th of the season completed.  Looking fairly good so far.

mid 20's win teams do not look like THAT very often.